Signing(s): DeMarcus Cousins to the Warriors (1 year, $5.3M)

Stylizer1

SENSimillanaire
Jun 12, 2009
Ottabot City
That's why both he and KD left to go get one. 20-30 years ago, nobody cared if you had a ring or not. That didn't affect your legacy (look at Barkley, Malone, Stockton etc). These days people hold it against stars for whatever reason and that's why players are constantly trying to form super teams.
Or we live in an age where kids have even less of an attention span and don't understand hard work/selflessness/sacrifice.

I blame it on carbs.

Stylizer1

SENSimillanaire
Jun 12, 2009
Ottabot City
To be fair, Cousins is coming off of a major injury and being in Golden State gives him a great shot at resting and returning to his former self. I doubt he signs if he didn't have his injury. Durant on the other hand left OKC because he couldn't close out a 3-1 series lead and decided that it would be easier to just join Golden State rather then try to compete against them.
Or like Irving with Lebron KD didn't want to play with a ball hog in Westbrook. As a free agent if the best team in the league rings you up and says we want you why would you say no? It's always sunny and weed is legal. What better place for a young millionaire.

Reactions: Voight

LaVar

Jul 31, 2013
Or like Irving with Lebron KD didn't want to play with a ball hog in Westbrook. As a free agent if the best team in the league rings you up and says we want you why would you say no? It's always sunny and weed is legal. What better place for a young millionaire.
Yes, that ball hog which, along with him, held the Warriors to a 3-1 series lead.... I think you're overcomplicating it and KD is just a *****.

Jack Straw

Moving much too slow.
Sponsor
Jul 19, 2010
New York

I think you have the wrong part of California.

zombie kopitar

custom title
Jul 3, 2009
Best Coast
NBA = WWE

Staged

Been like this for a long time, folks, but now everyone involved is really leaning into it.

Own what you are. In this case, entertainment with pre-determined results.

Donaghy, Jordan constant walks/"retirement," Ewing draft, LeBron lottery, Kyrie lottery, Davis lottery, LeBron 8-straight finals, Lonzo hype, etc.

The script-writing machine always working OT.
It's different when NBA is trying to dictate/manipulating the script but still not actually writing it. It's still the players determining the results in the end....with the exception being some bias *****y reffing that does happen too often.

Anyway this is a perfect spot for Boogie to rehab for a season, I hope he gets back to form. **** the evil empire though, thanks KD for ruining the NBA.

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
Yes, that ball hog which, along with him, held the Warriors to a 3-1 series lead.... I think you're overcomplicating it and KD is just a *****.

If LeBron hadn't started the teaming up with star friends thing, KD would have never joined GSW.

Its just the era we live in now.

Jersey Fresh

Video Et Taceo
Feb 23, 2004
T.A.
The thing about this signing is that I don't have a problem with it from a GSW standpoint. The aim of managing a team is to always get better, and that's exactly what Bob Myers did. Kudos to him for that. The Warriors are running their franchise the right way.

My issue is with these players. Not just DeMarcus Cousins. With Kevin Durant. Role players get a lot more rope when jumping ship to a contender (David West, Nick Young, JaVale McGee, etc), but when a superstar does it... I don't know. It just doesn't feel right.

Kevin Durant, for me personally, will forever be the "if you can't beat em, join em" guy. The ultimate punk that needed to join a historic team to win. That mantra now also belongs to DeMarcus Cousins.

Like I said earlier, I don't blame the Warriors organization for this. They are excellent at what they do and how they run their team. I blame these chump players that have no inkling of competitive fire/spirit. It's just sad.
Lebron did it first.

Apr 28, 2010
Can't really fault GSW for still trying to improve their team. It's what a GM should be doing even after winning a championship.

With all the superteam talk, let's not forget that Curry, Klay, Draymond were drafted by the team and they added KD (still don't like this move from his perspective) to put them over the top.

And now because they're too good, they can also now afford to sign an injured player.

At the end of the day, management needs to do their job, draft well, develop them and make it enticing for FAs to join you. It is what It is. Hoping for Dallas to be the next GSW in 4-5 years.

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
I'm just surprised there was a lack of offers for Cousins. Sure he is coming off injury but for 5 million I would have thought more teams would have been lining up to sign him

Five Alarm Fire

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 17, 2009
So the Pelicans offered 2 years, $40M. I guess it was 2 years or bust from any teams perspective, while Boogie was seeking 1 year or max dollars. Makes sense.

Apr 28, 2010
I'm just surprised there was a lack of offers for Cousins. Sure he is coming off injury but for 5 million I would have thought more teams would have been lining up to sign him

There are reports out there that he wouldn't even be ready til the first round of the playoffs next season. He had plenty of offers but I guess they saw his medicals last week and they had to pass.

So he won't even be the same player when he comes back, it'll take him awhile to get in game-shape and still has to learn how to play their system.

So the Pelicans offered 2 years, $40M. I guess it was 2 years or bust from any teams perspective, while Boogie was seeking 1 year or max dollars. Makes sense.

Yeah. Thought it was a good move from Boogie. New Orleans saw his situation and tried to lock him in on the cheap :laugh:

Stylizer1

SENSimillanaire
Jun 12, 2009
Ottabot City
Can't really fault GSW for still trying to improve their team. It's what a GM should be doing even after winning a championship.

With all the superteam talk, let's not forget that Curry, Klay, Draymond were drafted by the team and they added KD (still don't like this move from his perspective) to put them over the top.

And now because they're too good, they can also now afford to sign an injured player.

At the end of the day, management needs to do their job, draft well, develop them and make it enticing for FAs to join you. It is what It is. Hoping for Dallas to be the next GSW in 4-5 years.
By drafting really well all 3 of there stars were on great contracts and could afford to add durant and still stay under the cap. That is great team management that deserves success.

Hadoop

Aug 13, 2002
Mississauga
Great move for Boogie as he'll get to do a proper rehab, have training camp during the regular season, and win a ring without playing too hard and risking re-aggravating his injury.

No brainer for the dubs; they won a title without ever firing on all cylinders last year. Now they can three peat while on cruise control - such is the discrepancy in talent.

For the other 29 teams in the NBA and their devoted fans (and that includes my team); the jokes on them cause they have absolutely no chance in h***.

Last edited:
Reactions: Virtanen18

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
Great move for Boogie as he'll get to do a proper rehab, have training camp during the regular season, and win a ring without playing too hard and risking re-aggravating his injury.

No brainer for the dubs; they won a title without ever firing on all cylinders last year. Now they can three peat while on cruise control - such is the discrepancy in talent.

For the other 29 teams in the NBA and their devoted fans (and that includes my team); the jokes on them cause they have absolutely no chance in h***.
Is it really a great move for Boogie, though? Yeah, he'll probably get a ring that he didn't really have to play hard for this year, but at what cost long term?

I don't see teams lining up next summer to give him a max deal long term if he comes out this season ready by January and puts up, say, 12 and 8 on a nightly basis because there's only one ball to go around. He's not going to look as dominant as he has in the past. A lot of teams will still have the same concerns about him.

Belieber

The Nuge is huge
Jun 23, 2016
vancouver
Lebron didn’t join a 73-9 team that made the finals two years in a row. No man should want to join a team that already won a title without him unless he’s at the very end of his career ring chasing. KD is a snake and that’s all there is to it.

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
Lebron didn’t join a 73-9 team that made the finals two years in a row. No man should want to join a team that already won a title without him unless he’s at the very end of his career ring chasing. KD is a snake and that’s all there is to it.

Well no because that would be your best chance at a ring.... hence how LeBron best chance was a forming a superteazm with his two good friends (who also happened to be stars).

Stylizer1

SENSimillanaire
Jun 12, 2009
Ottabot City
He just decided to join another superstars team and learn how to win a championship so the pressure would be less. If he was so good Wade and Bosh would of joined his team to win. He had his mind made up long before he went to Miami that he was leaving.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad