Injury Report: DeMarcus Cousins tears his ACL

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
time to hang them up

lakers have been absolutely cursed when it comes to injuries this decade. dear lord

b1e9a8r5s

Feb 16, 2015
Chicago, IL
Awful for him. Think that might be a career.

I don't think this changes all that much for my outlook on the Lakers though. I wasn't expecting him to be a big factor.

Morozov

The Devil Killer
Sep 18, 2007
Really shit news and you'd think that's about it for him. Long road back if he wants to try again and after having endured so much already and played so little in recent times we aren't ever going to see the real Boogie again.

Was one of my favourite players, had become so good.

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
sad to think that just a couple years ago he was the best C in the league and was dominating night in and night out

Reactions: Voight

tony d

Jun 23, 2007
Behind A Tree
Tough injury and news here. He is what he is of course. Still when healthy there aren't many better centers in the NBA than him.

Neutrinos

Sep 23, 2016
that's why you don't take 1 year deals

I'm sure he's not hurting for money, but, yeah, he must be kicking himself for not accepting that max extension from New Orleans when he had the chance

Probably 150+ million dollar mistake on his part

Say Hey Kid

Under the Sign of the Black Mark
Dec 10, 2007
Bathory
Although I'm a Kawhi/PG-13 fan, with the Warriors not being the full Warriors with Durant gone and Klay out at least until after the All-Star break, I think big men and interior play will be more important this season. Although the Lakers still have big men AD and Javale for interior play, I think this may decide the title unless the Lakers acquire a big man. I'd like to see them acquire Dwight Howard. Other options are Pachulia, Bogut, Faried, Speights, and Deyonta Davis.

Last edited:

HisIceness

This is Hurricanes Hockey
Sep 16, 2010
Charlotte
Didn't look like it at the time, but Vlade made the absolute right move.

Poor Demarcus.

He got crucified for it, and I'm one of the ones who thought it was a stupid move but it's turned out to be the best thing for Sacramento going forward.

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
that's why you don't take 1 year deals

He didn't exactly have a choice.

I'm sure he's not hurting for money, but, yeah, he must be kicking himself for not accepting that max extension from New Orleans when he had the chance

Probably 150+ million dollar mistake on his part

It wasn't a max. After he tore the Achilles they offered 40 million/2 years, with the second year being a team option IIRC. There was no other before that.

Didn't look like it at the time, but Vlade made the absolute right move.

Poor Demarcus.

Yea Vlad totally knew he'd tear his Achilles, then quad and then ACL :eyeroll:

Quid Pro Clowe

Dec 28, 2008
He didn't exactly have a choice.

It wasn't a max. After he tore the Achilles they offered 40 million/2 years, with the second year being a team option IIRC. There was no other before that.

Yea Vlad totally knew he'd tear his Achilles, then quad and then ACL :eyeroll:
Yea cause that's what I said.

The results since are why it was the right move. Cousins has broken down physically and Buddy Hield is an all-star caliber player.

Sep 19, 2008
sucks for him, been dealing with injuries the last few years

Be curious to see how the lineups change cause of this

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
Yea cause that's what I said.

The results since are why it was the right move. Cousins has broken down physically and Buddy Hield is an all-star caliber player.

Divac traded him because there was 0 chance he was going to re-sign with one of the worst teams/franchises in the league. Its not like he knew he would break down (let alone at this extent)

Quid Pro Clowe

Dec 28, 2008
Divac traded him because there was 0 chance he was going to re-sign with one of the worst teams/franchises in the league. Its not like he knew he would break down (let alone at this extent)
That's not what happened at all. Cousins was set to sign a max deal in the offseason when he was eligible. They had even announced it was going to happen. A couple months later Divac dealt him. Not sure what caused the change of heart, and once again I didn't call Vlade a f***ing telepathic genius, so I'm not sure why you keep bringing up anything other than on-court results.

InjuredChoker

Dec 25, 2011
LTIR or golf course

cousins wanted to stay and in fact tried to block kings trading him when he found out about it, by having his agents tell teams that cousins wouldn't re-sign with them. at least per windy.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad