Signing(s): DeMarcus Cousins signs with the Lakers (1 year, $2.3 million)

Reality Check

May 28, 2008
If he would have signed with the Wizards I would have for sure thought he was done.

Got a really bad rap after getting hurt early in the playoffs. I think both Boogie and Heyward would bounce back this year.

Perhaps not to the heights that they were but solid players.

The Night King

Mar 25, 2014
California
Vet min for sure, he aint worth the MLE and needs a full season to prove himself again.
There was apparently no market for him. Glad the Lakers got him. Give him an off-season/training camp and hopefully he'll be close enough to the player he was before his Achilles tear.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Worth the risk at this price. It's hard to say how much upside there is at this point but it's certainly more than most of the other players left on the market.

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
There was apparently no market for him. Glad the Lakers got him. Give him an off-season/training camp and hopefully he'll be close enough to the player he was before his Achilles tear.

He didn't have much of a sample size, yea he did get in a half decent amount of games but due to the severity of such an injury, teams will ant to see a full season from him before throwing big dollars his way.

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
Makes sense for the Lakers, but I don't think he'll be an above average player anymore to be honest.

Its a hard injury to come back from no doubt, but there were times last year where you saw the "old" Boogie. IMO a team with less talent would have been perfect for him (aka when he was on SAC) and he would have had more chances to show what he still has left (Charlotte possibly). But I guess nobody was interested.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad