Delta Airlines enters partnership with kings.

LadyStanley

Sep 22, 2004
Sin City
I don't mean this as a slant towards ATL and the current situation, but why not in their own back yard (Delta)?

Sharks have had sponsorship agreements with a number of different airlines over the years. Southwest is coming to mind at the moment.

Could be that the Kings reached out. Could be that Delta wants more business out of LAX/etc. :dunno:

Major4Boarding

Unfamiliar Moderator
Jan 30, 2009
South of Heaven
Sharks have had sponsorship agreements with a number of different airlines over the years. Southwest is coming to mind at the moment.

Could be that the Kings reached out. Could be that Delta wants more business out of LAX/etc. :dunno:

Makes sense. I was just thinking why it didn't happen awhile ago with the Thrashers or even the Hawks. Must of had their reasons.

"Los Angeles is an important gateway for our alliance network to and from points across the Pacific, and we are continuing to demonstrate our commitment to the L.A. community," said Tim Mapes, Delta's senior vice president – Marketing. "With our airport facility improvements, our new flights to Tokyo-Haneda and Sydney and our expanded marketing relationships, we are making our presence known in Los Angeles."

Delta operates at Los Angeles International Airport in Terminal 5, where it recently completed a renovation of its Sky Club to serve the growing number of international customers flying Delta through Los Angeles. It also invested more than $85 million, in partnership with LAWA, for terminal improvements and investments in service

The agreement with AEG follows Delta's announcement last month that it would become the official airline of the Los Angeles Lakers, and complements its sponsorship this weekend of the 53rd Annual GRAMMY® Awards. Delta's new sponsorships in Los Angeles are the latest additions to its portfolio of partnerships with professional sports teams and venues, including the Atlanta Braves, Minnesota Twins, Memphis Grizzlies, New York Knicks, New York Mets, New York Yankees, New York Rangers, New York Liberty, St. Louis Rams, Madison Square Garden, Yankees Stadium and Citi Field, among others.

Speaking of Southwest, maybe there's an opportunity yet to be had in ATL when the M&A finalizes later this year with AirTran. AirTran already has a 717 dubbed the "Dirty Bird One", I mean Falcon 1, among a whole bunch of other Special Liveries.

http://www.airtran.com/aircraft/livery.aspx

danishh

Dec 9, 2006
YOW

also thinking that delta could be working to be a sponsor on the NFL project as well, and this is their in.

garnetpalmetto

Jerkministrator
Jul 12, 2004
Durham, NC
Makes sense. I was just thinking why it didn't happen awhile ago with the Thrashers or even the Hawks. Must of had their reasons.

I believe it has happened. Per a press release from 2006 (http://news.delta.com/index.php?s=43&item=41)

Delta Air Lines is a major contributor to the Atlanta community and as Atlanta’s hometown airline and Georgia’s largest private employer, Delta is proud to partner with many local organizations. Delta employees in Atlanta volunteer time and money also to support many local charities, including: the United Way; Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation, the American Cancer Society, The American Red Cross, The Arthritis Foundation, AID Atlanta, Habitat for Humanity, Christian City, March of Dimes and the Children’s Miracle Network. Delta is also a proud sponsor of High Museum of Art, Woodruff Arts Center, Fox Theatre, Atlanta Ballet, Atlanta Symphony Orchestra, Atlanta Braves, Atlanta Hawks and Atlanta Thrashers.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad