News Article: Delete

Neil Patrick Harris

Now sponsored by Zoom™
Aug 23, 2008
Ottawa
Yeah, that all sounds pretty reasonable. I can understand violating the privacy of multiple people (major league athletes at that!) in an intoxicated stupor because I was worried that my insurance might not cover me in the remote chance I got into an accident because I was transporting seven people entirely at my own volition. That's a perfectly normal thing to do!

And also, I can understand Mr. James Sparklin of Phoenix, Arizona being worried about his name possibly getting out. Wouldn't want that to happen.

EDIT: This is just an aside, but one of the first Google results for "James Sparklin" is a @jsparklin27 Twitter result. The page itself no longer exists, but I can see from searching on Twitter itself that the account name has changed from @jsparklin27 to @iamsorrytonhl, which I find hilarious.

Reactions: maclean and Deku

Clayonator

Aug 11, 2018
Vancouver
He looks and sounds like a whiney weasel of a man. He can cry all he wants. The way he sounded so shocked when he heard the boys shooting the sh*t. Grow up. The world’s a big place and as an Uber driver he should have more than enough exposure to not be surprised by something as mild as that given the range of people he’s probably transporting. And the way he made it sound as if to warn other drivers of what can happen when you’re transporting multiple pro athletes....yeah right buddy, ride along on that high horse. He leads a largely uneventful life, is probably bored and decided to cause a stir and get some excitement for himself. Then when it exploded back in his face, he tucked his tail between his legs and wimpered. Frickin slimy and pathetic.

Reactions: bert and Senscore

16w

Jun 23, 2003
the guy lost his job so i would say the punishment fits the crime...

i thought he sold the clip to an Ottawa media source in which case i could somewhat understand the motivation but to get fired for drunken retribution? sad.

Reactions: Frank8

slamigo

Skate or Die!
Dec 25, 2007
Ottawa
He was so shocked and disturbed by the way the players spoke that he posted the video to warn other Uber drivers??!!! Lol THAT'S why he did it? Wow. I am having a hard time believing his version of events.

Egg

Sep 3, 2007
Whether he has sincere remorse or not, he's still a dumbass.

Sounds like a cheater. He is upset he got caught/in trouble. Had he made money from this, I guarantee you he is singing a different tune.

You having to be told to take it down, vs doing so immediately upon sobering up speaks volumes.

You were upset that your insurance wouldn't cover them so posted their talking amongst themselves?

That doesn't even make sense.

Were you drunk then, too?

I don't feel sorry for him in the slightest. Even less as he is playing the victim.

Own up. Be a man. You forced these players to lay in a bed they didn't even make. The least you can do is lay in yours.

Reactions: bert and Clayonator

Sensung

Oct 3, 2017
He was so shocked and disturbed by the way the players spoke that he posted the video to warn other Uber drivers??!!! Lol THAT'S why he did it? Wow. I am having a hard time believing his version of events.
We haven’t seen the whole video.

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
He isn't the brightest bulb, that's for sure. Dude sacrificed his job to try and get revenge/payday/fame. Pretty stupid.

But, it shows the "invisible" people around you can cause one hell of a lot of damage, given an opportunity. I hope the players realize this. Could be the stewardess on the plane, the bartender, the guy fixing your roof, the dude parking your car...they all have ears, and any of them can leak sensitive info if you're not careful.

Reactions: Icelevel

Laista

Apr 21, 2012
Gävle
So. There is even more Video that he didnt release and now when he is Fired i guess he will sell that to highest bidder.....this is going to get ugly

Frank8

Sep 19, 2013
Have to admit, when I read "whiney weasel of a man" I first thought of Wideman, then Duchene, then the driver.

Icelevel

During these difficult times...
Sep 9, 2009
Sounds like he’s good at making bad decisions.

Guy has 6 kids. 6! Oh boy (/girl?)

Egg

Sep 3, 2007
I thought his original story was that he posted the video because the players were lousy tippers.

He should hire a publicist, if this is an actual statement. Public speaking, is just going to be him sinking his ship further, the more he does it.

To me, posting that video isn't justified, period. If they threatened you, in any way shape or form or damaged property, you show that to the police.

There is zero justification.

Trying to justify the act to me, is making excuses and not accepting the gravity of what you did. "I was drunk", doesn't cut it. I've been drunk many times, and never did anything criminally negligent.

I can't stand people who make poor decisions, but then can't handle the repercussions, so play the victim in search for sympathy. He didn't even apologize to the players who didn't deserve this level of punishment.

Zero sympathy from me as a result.

Reactions: bert

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad