OT: Are you embarrassed to be a Senators fan right now?

What kind of poll does this thread deserve?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Philadelphia Collins

May 31, 2011
They traded the best defenseman in the league for peanuts because the owner refused to pay him what he's worth, yeah I'm embarrassed to be a fan of this team. Hopefully the new face of the franchise (Melnyk) has a sit down interview with Tom Pyatt or Paajarvi to explain why this was actually a good move

starling

Nov 7, 2010
Ottawa
Embarrassed is a wrong word. I'm a) angry b) feel sorry for all fans who paid for their season tickets this year

MisterMethos

Jun 21, 2014
Everywhere and Nowhere
I am done with this team as along as Melnyk and Dorian are still here. I will no longer waste my money on this team during my yearly trips back home to Ottawa.

I was as prepared as one can be when trading the greatest player ever in our organization. But that return was unforgivable. And to me it shows that ownership and management cannot be trusted with a rebuild, as well. Pure incompetence...

Reactions: BigCanadian

choi

The Moment
Jul 27, 2010
Seoul
Been cheering since '05.
I don't think I felt this frustrated when we didn't re-sign Alfie. This situation right here is just unbelievable.

And I feel I'm done with this team to be honest. Screw this.

Reactions: BigCanadian

Harbinger

sing for absolution
Mar 8, 2008
Edmonton
I'm done. Peace out. I've loved this team since'99 and I just can't deal with POS owner and his gutless cowaard of a GM.

Karl Prime

Feb 13, 2017
My only interest in the Sens now are the prospects and seeing if they can become solid NHL players.

I've been a diehard fan since I was 4, in 1996. This is easily the darkest moment of my fandom.

Mehar

Apr 28, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
How the hell do you not get at least a 1 1st Round pick back for Erik Karlsson? Ottawa lost this deal badly. I would have asked for at least two from any team that wanted Karlsson. What an absolute waste of an asset, and an underwhelming return. Disgraceful situation.

milkbag

Jul 31, 2018
after growing up with this team for the entirety of their existence, going through the highs and lows throughout my childhood and young adult years, i never thought that it would be this bad. i just can't in good faith continue cheering for this franchise with the current ownership/management group. they've destroyed something i've cherished for the vast majority of my life. sad day, and i know i'm a new and unknown poster, but i'm done. it got progressively worse and worse and i held on, but i can't say i'm a fan anymore after today.

thethirdhockeyman91

Jun 22, 2018
If it come out later that the sens could have gotten sergacvhev but Dorian or Melynk nixed it then sens fans should have every right to riot and burn down the arena. A disgrace

BigCanadian

Mar 7, 2007
Kanata
How bad does it have to get before Melnyk would be permitted to move the team? How low in terms of season tickets, merchandise sales, etc.? The fanbase is dying quickly, so I am curious if that is one of the side benefits in "the plan"? Only way to move the team is if things get so bad with the fan base that he could argue no one is supporting the team???

Hatter of the Beach

I’m the real hero
Jun 26, 2017
Parkland Estates, Florida
People who get embarassed or take pride in their favorite sports team achievements lack perspective. 95% of any sports fandom either comes from bandwagoning or arbitrary factors you have little control of (nearest big city, friends/family fans first, cool logo).

Regardless, very few fans ever get a say in any move a GM or owner takes outside of being one of thousands speaking with your wallet. I’m not a Sens fan, but if anything J see those sticking with their team to be impressive in terms of mental dexterity

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->