Injury Report: DeKeyser out Tuesday with UBI, questionable for Wednesday...

Flowah

Nov 30, 2009
If he's "questionable" for Wednesday, he sounds like he'll be fine for when the season starts.

That makes this seem more like a move to just let him rest and play some of our youngsters a little more, 3-4 of whom are making good cases for themselves.

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
The way vague "upper body injury" descriptions have spread from the playoffs to the regular season is ridiculous.

Don't worry one of the things legal gambling is about to change in this country is some of this stuff.

Not sure what happened to DeKeyser, he doesn't really use his upper body often though so he should be good.:laugh:

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
Oh, these were more serious than I first understood. Daley possible for weekend and others for season opener.

Games we still have:

Tues - @CHI
Wed - @BOS
Frid - @ TOR
Satu - vs.TOR

So it will be heavily kid-weighted defence for these games.

Steve Yzerlland

Jul 18, 2018
Maybe he wouldn't get hurt so easily if he ever lifted a weight in his entire life. I seen a video of him this past summer at a charity event , some softball game for Howard's charity I believe. He was thin as a twig! Very disappointing to have a defenseman locked up for this long knowing he is making zero effort to get stronger/ improve his game!

waltdetroit

Jul 20, 2010
Oh, these were more serious than I first understood. Daley possible for weekend and others for season opener.

Games we still have:

Tues - @CHI
Wed - @BOS
Frid - @ TOR
Satu - vs.TOR

So it will be heavily kid-weighted defence for these games.
A TML reporter feels that TML may play all the Big Guys in the final pre-season game - Their 1st game regular season is 4 days later

Bench

3 is a good start
Aug 14, 2011
crease
Not sure what happened to DeKeyser, he doesn't really use his upper body often though so he should be good.:laugh:

In that same video some of us made fun of Howard for being chubby (I know it's petty, but come on!) Dekeyser looked like a tree of spaghetti noodles. The kind of body you can't believe is a $5 million a year athlete, let alone hockey defender.

Maybe he wouldn't get hurt so easily if he ever lifted a weight in his entire life. I seen a video of him this past summer at a charity event , some softball game for Howard's charity I believe. He was thin as a twig! Very disappointing to have a defenseman locked up for this long knowing he is making zero effort to get stronger/ improve his game!

Exactly.

HIFE

May 10, 2011
Detroit, MI

It's commonly known that DDK has an extremely hard time putting on weight. A couple articles about the Wings' dietitian and their individual programs mention he's on a crazy regimen, like 5000 calories a day or something stupid. I agree it's sad how weak he is for a 28 y/o but it's not for a lack of trying.

jkutswings

hot piss hockey
Jul 10, 2014
It's commonly known that DDK has an extremely hard time putting on weight. A couple articles about the Wings' dietitian and their individual programs mention he's on a crazy regimen, like 5000 calories a day or something stupid. I agree it's sad how weak he is for a 28 y/o but it's not for a lack of trying.
They need to remove that tapeworm and give it to Jimmy Howard then.

Reactions: TCNorthstars

Lazlo Hollyfeld

The jersey ad still sucks
Mar 4, 2004

It sounds like it's actually 10,000 calories a day.

Detroit Red Wings mailbag: Could Henrik Zetterberg be traded?

I'm guessing that calorie number is during the season. Still you'd think in the offseason he could pack on some pounds. I honestly don't care about how big he is but he shouldn't be getting pushed off the puck that easily, whether it's strength or footwork or stickwork.

Wayne Simmonds is 6'2" and 185 lbs soaking wet and the guy makes his living scoring goals around the net. I know Simmonds is a bit of a freak in that regard but you can be skinny but strong.

Dekeyser was coming off an ankle injury last season so hopefully a fully healthy off season will get him off to a better start.

Steve Yzerlland

Jul 18, 2018
I'm not buying that at all. The guy looks like he has never done a bench press, squat or any type of body building program.

Reactions: TheMule93

chances14

Jan 7, 2010
Michigan
The guy looks like he has never done a bench press, squat or any type of body building program.

i highly doubt in this day and age that dekeyer and the wings haven't done those things. Coming from a family of "twigs", genetics can play a huge factor in how hard or easy it is to gain weight

Reactions: Winger98

Steve Yzerlland

Jul 18, 2018
i highly doubt in this day and age that dekeyer and the wings haven't done those things. Coming from a family of "twigs", genetics can play a huge factor in how hard or easy it is to gain weight
Yeah and he has millions of dollars of resources. If the guy wanted to gain lean muscle mass in 2018 he has zero excuses.Like I said I'm not buying anything other than he is lazy and not committed to gaining muscle.There are tons of "twigs" that put on muscle (without steroids)He is satisfied with his place in his career.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
See, even the universe wants the Wings to go with the kids this season!
22.gif

Oddbob

Jan 21, 2016
So what we are saying with Dekeyser OUT, is the Wings defense has improved!??

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad