Injury Report: Dekeyser on LTIR out 3-6 weeks (Update in post 44)

BinCookin

Feb 15, 2012
London, ON
DD going on LTIR should only give enough cap space to replace his contract. This will not bank towards additional space. Thus theoretically nothing changes, except the call up must be equal to or less than the same salary DD makes.

Since we had 7 D-men. They could bring up a forward..

DD costs 925K; Nyquist is also worth 925K.

The only trouble with this is, what happens when DD gets healthy again, Nyquist cannot be sent back down.

It is highly likely they will go with plan B, which is replace DD with someone who has is waiver exempt, and can be sent back down on the return of DD.

This cap ceiling and player surplus is really grinding my gears!

Last edited:
Jul 30, 2005
I mean, what is location, really
DD going on LTIR should only give enough cap space to replace his contract. This will not bank towards additional space. Thus theoretically nothing changes, except the call up must be equal to or less than the same salary DD makes.
Right, but if I'm not mistaken we get DD's full cap hit back. So if you replace DD with a player making less money, you get to keep the difference.

Am I wrong?

19 for president

Apr 28, 2002
Easiest way for us to get Nyquist up permanently is to call him up now for Dekeyser. Then we could waive Lashoff and call up Oulette. Once Dekeyser returns we simply demote Oulette.

Now don't get me wrong Lash has actually played pretty well, but if we lose him its really not that big of a deal since Oulette has looked equally good and the Wings have Marchenko, Almquist, and Sproul not far behind him. We have lots of minor league defensive depth why not use it.

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
Easiest way for us to get Nyquist up permanently is to call him up now for Dekeyser. Then we could waive Lashoff and call up Oulette. Once Dekeyser returns we simply demote Oulette.

Now don't get me wrong Lash has actually played pretty well, but if we lose him its really not that big of a deal since Oulette has looked equally good and the Wings have Marchenko, Almquist, and Sproul not far behind him. We have lots of minor league defensive depth why not use it.

This could be it. We could lose Lashoff, but who cares. He have great kids coming. If we don't lose him, fine.

Mister Ed

Dec 21, 2008

Since we had 7 D-men. They could bring up a forward..

DD costs 925K; Nyquist is also worth 925K.

The only trouble with this is, what happens when DD gets healthy again, Nyquist cannot be sent back down.

It is highly likely they will go with plan B, which is replace DD with someone who has is waiver exempt, and can be sent back down on the return of DD.

This cap ceiling and player surplus is really grinding my gears!

So with that logic, we could technically bring up Jurco or Pulkkinen who are exempt from waivers, right?

Last edited:

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
Hope DD gets better and doesn't do what Smith did last year when this same thing happened to him against Columbus when his game was taking off around that time. Didn't put himself in a very good position and he paid for it, he will be missed while he is out.

I really wish they would callup Ouellet and let him play on the second pairing with Smith, will never happen but I think that is what they need to do for this time period.

InjuredChoker

Dec 25, 2011
LTIR or golf course
Hope DD gets better and doesn't do what Smith did last year when this same thing happened to him against Columbus when his game was taking off around that time. Didn't put himself in a very good position and he paid for it, he will be missed while he is out.

I really wish they would callup Ouellet and let him play on the second pairing with Smith, will never happen but I think that is what they need to do for this time period.

if they won't make a trade, yeah.

SoupNazi

Serenity now. Insanity later.
Feb 6, 2010
This injury really is terrible. I hope it's only three weeks.

sarcastro

Jul 28, 2005
Star-wars-darth-vader-no.gif

This is intensely irritating.

Although in fairness, he didn't do anything to protect himself. Hopefully this will teach him that lesson and he will avoid a catastrophic (possibly head-related) injury down the road as a result...

kuick

Tatar Sauce
Aug 15, 2009
Grand Rapids
This injury really is terrible. I hope it's only three weeks.

The New Silver Lining: Gustav Nyquist.

As good as Nyquist is, losing DD on the back end is a bigger blow. Especially with the way he has been playing recently. Hopefully our offense can start to click now and we can outscore someone.

SoupNazi

Serenity now. Insanity later.
Feb 6, 2010
Ansar Khan ‏@AnsarKhanMLive 4m
DeKeyser, who is eligible to come off LTIR on 12-14, said he doesn't know if he'll be ready by them. Aiming for mid to late December return.

NyquistIsMyGod*

Danny DeKeyser needs to take his time. He's very important, but this injury, him personally, take a little more time than needed. DeKeyser's style, inexperience leads to him being hit more than he should. His shoulder is going to get hit again, hit hard, and soon.

Honestly, Brendan Smith is looking good right now in increased ice time. Shocking, I know.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad