Injury Report: DeKeyser injury

Lazlo Hollyfeld

The jersey ad still sucks
Mar 4, 2004
As they should be
In all seriousness, why though?

Gone are the days of targeting a player's injury, especially during the regular season. The only real reason I can think of is so fans don't avoid buying tickets if they know the Wings are gonna be an AHL team for a while.

Bench

3 is a good start
Aug 14, 2011
crease

As a fan, I enjoy the transparency the NFL has with injuries, primarily due to the required and standardized injury reporting system in place.

I'd wager teams signing free agents from other teams would appreciate this kind of routine reporting, too. Stephen Weiss, come on down. And perhaps the Blackhawks could have avoided Hossa's tragic fate.

Reactions: Lazlo Hollyfeld

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
As a fan, I enjoy the transparency the NFL has with injuries, primarily due to the required and standardized injury reporting system in place.

I'd wager teams signing free agents from other teams would appreciate this kind of routine reporting, too. Stephen Weiss, come on down. And perhaps the Blackhawks could have avoided Hossa's tragic fate.

Weiss didn't have wrist issues in Detroit and passed his physical during training camp. The sports hernia happened after from all accounts. Though he tried to hide it once it did from what I remember.

I really thought legalized gambling and the NHL partnering with a sports book would force this information flow. I am surprised.

Curious, to our European contingent, do Rugby teams hold out medical information?

Reactions: Winger98

MBH

Players Play
Jul 20, 2019
SE Michigan
redwingsnow.com

Oh wretched skin affliction
They might have won 6 cups were he healthy.
#DamagedGoods

Reactions: ManwithNoIdentity

ManwithNoIdentity

Jun 4, 2016
Kalamazoo, MI

Gone are the days of targeting a player's injury, especially during the regular season. The only real reason I can think of is so fans don't avoid buying tickets if they know the Wings are gonna be an AHL team for a while.

Wel I mean player privacy for one thing and I disagree that players don’t use past injuries against other players and it’s nice to know that they run a tight ship with very few leaks

I don’t see why everything should become public whose knowledge outside of the league and potential teams signing a player

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA
^Did you see the fan turnout this past Saturday night vs Pittsburgh? Fans are voting with their wallets and it ain't pretty
It's not even about money anymore, this team is a waste of time to watch considering they can't score. I honestly wouldn't take free tickets even if I lived in MI. At least you can do other stuff at home while you stream it on NHL.tv.

MBH

Players Play
Jul 20, 2019
SE Michigan
redwingsnow.com
It's not even about money anymore, this team is a waste of time to watch considering they can't score. I honestly wouldn't take free tickets even if I lived in MI. At least you can do other stuff at home while you stream it on NHL.tv.

Even last year, if I missed the game, there was a 50/50 chance I watched a recording when I got home.
These days I can be bothered to watch highlights half the time when I miss the game.

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA
Even last year, if I missed the game, there was a 50/50 chance I watched a recording when I got home.
These days I can be bothered to watch highlights half the time when I miss the game.
I watch highlights just to see the chit show goaltending fails and the spectacular LGD highlights. LGD has been alternating backhand and forehand goals this year, so I've been alternating his nickname between Forehand Luke and Backhand Luke based on his most recent goal.

It's actually interesting how Howie and Bernie have come up with creative ways to let pucks get by them, whether it's leaving the crease, mishandling a puck coming off the boards or glass, covering the puck with the back of the hands, or letting in sharp angle goals by not covering the post. I'm surprised they aren't both deliberately kicking the rebound into the slot, it seems like they really want to lose no matter what.

Reactions: 14ari13

2xJack

Apr 19, 2019

That's a funny pun with the "I'd wager" line since the only reason NFL teams are so forthcoming with injury information is... gambling. The NFL doesn't outright condone it, but it knows how much money rides on each game. So, teams are forced to give detailed injury reports so nobody has any insider info. I do not want to see this come to the NHL, and I doubt any teams would want it, because the side effect is it implicitly encourages gambling. With a team in Vegas, the first pro team among the major sports in fact, that's going to be a hard sell.

Teams have every opportunity to put players through a physical either when trading for them or when signing them. They also have the right to medical info. Situations like Weiss are still going to happen. What the NFL does has nothing to do with that scenario.

Bench

3 is a good start
Aug 14, 2011
crease
Teams have every opportunity to put players through a physical either when trading for them or when signing them. They also have the right to medical info. Situations like Weiss are still going to happen. What the NFL does has nothing to do with that scenario.

Maybe you're right. Like I said, as a fan I like the transparency. And I don't even gamble.

Reactions: Electric Eric

TheClap

Jul 20, 2014
I watch highlights just to see the chit show goaltending fails and the spectacular LGD highlights. LGD has been alternating backhand and forehand goals this year, so I've been alternating his nickname between Forehand Luke and Backhand Luke based on his most recent goal.

Why don't we just call him Cool Hand Luke?

Reactions: Lazlo Hollyfeld

RedMenace

Jul 24, 2006
www.ShattenkirksKrakenshirt.net
Not Good at all

Hopefully he's 100% come next year

12p8n35.jpg

Jesus man, I hope he can make a full recovery.

Lazlo Hollyfeld

The jersey ad still sucks
Mar 4, 2004
Well that sucks.

If he's gonna have season ending back surgery, this is definitely the season to do it. It just doesn't bode well for his future. And Dekeyser is a solid Dman who could be useful for several more seasons with the team.

Reactions: ArmChairGM89

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->