Injury Report: DeKeyser injury

Coachcorner

Senor Martinez
Sep 28, 2017
Didn't find any threads bout his injury. It was over two weeks ago and they gave a report saying he'll be out two weeks. It's over now and well past that. When he coming back mayne? The Red Wings need him real badly. One of the better real d-men out there.

Richard Gibson

Dec 5, 2018
DeKeyser is still on injured reserve and the Red Wings have yet to release any details regarding a potential timetable for his recovery. The 29-year-old blueliner should be considered out indefintely until Detroit releases an update clarifying his status.

Coachcorner

Senor Martinez
Sep 28, 2017
Ok sire. Thanks for this because mayne do the wings now have d-men on the injured list.... and no word still on dekeyser. Maybe he'll be back for saturday?

avssuc

Hockey is for everyone!
May 1, 2016
Gulf Coast
I heard he was caught by a strong draft when they were working on the HVAC at LCA. DeKeyser, along with all of the trade proposals on Yzerman's desk, were suddenly and gently moved slightly. He took a while to come back from an indian burn he got last year while removing his gear too quickly, so we need to be patient here.

Air Budd Dwyer

Feb 11, 2012
Detroit
I heard he was caught by a strong draft when they were working on the HVAC at LCA. DeKeyser, along with all of the trade proposals on Yzerman's desk, were suddenly and gently moved slightly. He took a while to come back from an indian burn he got last year while removing his gear too quickly, so we need to be patient here.

I also came here to make a joke about Dekeyser being a pencil armed jabroni. You beat me to it lol.

Reactions: avssuc

TCNorthstars

Jan 5, 2009
Lansing area, MI

So what your saying is DDK should have been a baseball player?

Reactions: avssuc

avssuc

Hockey is for everyone!
May 1, 2016
Gulf Coast
Nemeth sounds like about 3 weeks and Hronek had blocked a shot not sure if it is day to day.

I haven't watched ever second of every game this year, but I'd say that they have been the 2 best D on the team so far, Hronek far and away the best.

As much as I dislike DeKeyser, he's been better than he's been in the past. I just can't get over his inability to improve his most glaring weakness, lack of man strength/conditioning. It just seems that for $5 plus mil a year, you'd have a guy that wanted to improve lacking areas. I mean, Green is super sick and still manages to put in some work. What does that say about Danny boy?

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA
I haven't watched ever second of every game this year, but I'd say that they have been the 2 best D on the team so far, Hronek far and away the best.

As much as I dislike DeKeyser, he's been better than he's been in the past. I just can't get over his inability to improve his most glaring weakness, lack of man strength/conditioning. It just seems that for $5 plus mil a year, you'd have a guy that wanted to improve lacking areas. I mean, Green is super sick and still manages to put in some work. What does that say about Danny boy?
Some people just have problems gaining weight no matter how much they work out. In my case, I quit working out because my muscles outpower my joints. I can literally throw my elbow out. Did a few times playing softball. Considering how often he gets injured, maybe he has joint issues as well.

But yeah, you'd think $5M would buy a nice big house with an extra room that could be used for working out. Certainly no excuse for conditioning issues.

Bench

3 is a good start
Aug 14, 2011
crease
Not looking good here for Danny. After starting his career mostly as a workhorse, he's had nagging injuries the last couple seasons.

Since the start of 2017 he's missed 61 games and counting. Closing in on a full season lost over 3 seasons.

waltdetroit

Jul 20, 2010
Seems to be that Bowey could be logging games for the expansion draft eligible player from defence.
Yes, and maybe they've seen a few good flashes and are giving Bowey a good long look to see if he can develop with playing time

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->