Dek hockey

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jacob

as seen on TV
Feb 27, 2002
Good workout, frustrating as hell.

Dek hockey is very choppy. There's no flow at all and the ball does not act like a puck at all.

Jacob

as seen on TV
Feb 27, 2002
Hockey on a plastic surface and played in shoes. You use a plastic ball instead of a puck.

RangersMoogle

Oct 25, 2005
Ohio
www.tehinter.net
I don't like it. I'd give it a go if it were played like hockey with an inline puck, but it's not. It's some sort of thing like hockey with hockey sticks.

I guess it could be some fun, but like it was already stated, the ball doesn't behave anything at all like a puck.

DisgruntledHawkFan

Blackhawk Down
Jun 19, 2004
South Side
I personally love it. Lotta fun, and it helps you develop a set of hands. (Being a good skater doesn't allow you to blow by opponents anymore).Pretty physical and it can get a bit congested. Obviously MUCH slower then ice, you have LOADS of time to think out and make the pretty passes.

Brodeur

Feb 27, 2002
San Diego
I play floor (basically the same as dek, but we use a roller hockey rink) hockey more than I do ice nowadays. About a month ago, we had a team fly in from Toronto to come play us......they (most of them in their late 30s/40s) beat us (in our 20s/early 30s) 3-2.

I'm a goalie, and it can be frustrating playing with a ball. I use my ice hockey glove out there and can't catch a ball for the life in me.....really ought to just use a baseball glove, but then I wouldn't be color coordinated :)

Style of game is a lot different. As others have said, it can be a lot more choppy than ice in terms of flow. Stickhandling and running at full speed is something that some folks have problems with.

DisgruntledHawkFan

Blackhawk Down
Jun 19, 2004
South Side
I play ice goalie and ball forward. I seriously got sick of being in perfect position for a slapshot only to have it curve on me at the last second. It's like trying to catch a knuckleball.

DarrenBanks56

May 16, 2005
dek hockey is alot more tiring. Thats the best I can put it. If you can find a league with a puck, its not that bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->