Dek/Ball Hockey Gloves

invisibl4

Jul 19, 2010
For those who play dek/ball hockey...what kind of gloves do you use? I use standard ice hockey gloves, but have noticed a lot people use something smaller (lacrosse gloves, batting gloves, etc.) I'm thinking it might be a benefit to wear something less bulky.

Thepandamancan

Jun 6, 2010
I just wear my usual gloves (I also play roller). Ironically, I'd get gloves that are very protective in terms of slashes since ball hockey can be a hack fest sometimes.

GLG

Jan 10, 2011
Toronto, ON
A few guys on my ball hockey team wear D-GEL ball hockey gloves. They sell them at Pro Hockey Life here in Toronto, retailing for $79.99

Waltah*

for $80 you might as well get some mitts you can use on the ice too.

Jimmy Carter

Avs/Leafs fan
Jul 24, 2010
Western NY
I use hockey gloves, just buy them a size smaller than I would for ice. More mobility and you don't need to protect from a heavy puck so you can make that sacrifice. Low-midrange pair should do the trick.

Wouldn't personally play without gloves because:

A) Just so used to using them that I feel a bit off playing without gloves

B) Get blisters while not wearing a glove

C) Have taken a fair number of slashes on the hand during ball hockey games. And yes, you guessed it, I was NOT wearing gloves once and got a finger broken. From then on it was always gloves. Never been hurt from a slash to the hand again.

D) Others might not have this issue, but I sweat like I'm in a sauna when I play. So without gloves, my bottom hand slips on my stick quite a bit without gloves.

Jimmy Carter

Avs/Leafs fan
Jul 24, 2010
Western NY
for $80 you might as well get some mitts you can use on the ice too.

My thoughts exactly. What are the supposed advantages to using those over a normal ice glove anyway? The company must say something, don't know how else they'd be able to sell any at that price.

Waltah*

i picked up some torspo gloves for under $40. good for ice and roller. light weight. ill chekc out the model when i get home. bought them at peranis

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->