Post-Game Talk: Deja-vu Cats win again, keeping the WC dream alive. 5-4 OTW in Washington.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jean Luc Discard

Jul 11, 2014
Unfortunately he’ll probably go to arbitration and want to be paid if he keeps scoring.

I don't see why Dale and Frank should need an arbitrator to settle things unless Frank wants a lot more than $3.25mil per. The term is the most important aspect of it imo because he should get a three year deal, contract ending at the same time with Barkov and Troch. Vatrano has been pleasant surprise and imo of the more important players on this team considering his skating and shooting ability plus he's durable guy.

DrMom9900

Nov 2, 2011
I don't see why Dale and Frank should need an arbitrator to settle things unless Frank wants a lot more than $3.25mil per. The term is the most important aspect of it imo because he should get a three year deal, contract ending at the same time with Barkov and Troch. Vatrano has been pleasant surprise and imo of the more important players on this team considering his skating and shooting ability plus he's durable guy.

Dont 20+ goal scorers make around 4.5?

IceManCat

#TheFloridaPanthers
Jul 13, 2006
The Rat Den
I don’t get why people like Vatrano but didn’t like Pirri they are the same exact player. Personally I don’t care for either

MintyFresh88

Oct 26, 2007
Ontario
I don’t get why people like Vatrano but didn’t like Pirri they are the same exact player. Personally I don’t care for either

Vatrano better skater and more physical.

With that being said, I’d be very cautious about what happens with his next contract. I’d be offering 2 years at 5-6 mill total max. As Batting mentioned, could be a prime arbitration candidate and he’ll have a decent case. 17 even strength goals so far.

Last edited:

MintyFresh88

Oct 26, 2007
Ontario
Dont 20+ goal scorers make around 4.5?

He hasn’t even had a full season at 20 yet and even if he gets there this season, I don’t feel like one season is a strong enough case to warrant that type of money. Guy hasn’t even played a full season in the league yet. No chance I’d be going over 3 mill per or 2 years term. I think 2 years X 2.5 mill is a good bridge contract for him to prove he can be a 20 goal guy.

MintyFresh88

Oct 26, 2007
Ontario
We could go on to make a wild run but are we forgetting Carolina and Philly running for WC spot are playing even better than us

We have 2 more shots at the Canes at least. We don’t play Philly again, unfortunately.

5-1-1 for the rest of this homestand would be decent and I think it’s do-able.

Need to win the games against MTL, BUF, CAR, LA for sure. That leaves finding another 2 points out of TB, DAL and CGY.

Last edited:

PSLguy

#TimeToHunt
Jan 14, 2013
Port St. Lucie, FL
Yandle needs to learn from hfboards how to play hockey. Oh yeah just forget that game winning pass.

Yup, that was a great pass by Yandle to set up Hoffman for the game winner.

However, that does not excuse two blind drop passes on the powerplay that became turnovers.

Yandle is having a great season and I hope hecsrts up the game winner tonight too!

vendetta

#CatsAreComing
Mar 22, 2011
Edmonton
Another garbage game by our goalies another w. Team
Is playing well. Matheson is showing his contract could be a steal going
Forward and why gettting ridnof him would be stupid

FinlandPanther

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 16, 2009
Florida
Another garbage game by our goalies another w. Team
Is playing well. Matheson is showing his contract could be a steal going
Forward and why gettting ridnof him would be stupid
I agree on Matheson it’s way too early to give up on. He has some horrid turnovers sometimes but when he is on he is great. He was really good last night.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad