Post-Game Talk: Deja-vu Cats win again, keeping the WC dream alive. 5-4 OTW in Washington.

Status
Not open for further replies.

ucanthanzalthetruth

#CatsAreCooked
Jul 13, 2013
How many points would most have given us against VGK, PIT and WSH though? I call that a huge win. A win tomorrow and we're right back in it.
This is wrong.

1. because the season is over
2. They didnt win nearly enough against bad/mediocre teams. 0-10-2 vs the Rags, Canes, Canucks, Jackets, Ducks, Blues

They didnt beat teams they should have

Reactions: Cats2TheCup

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
This is wrong.

1. because the season is over
2. They didnt win nearly enough against bad/mediocre teams. 0-10-2 vs the Rags, Canes, Canucks, Jackets, Ducks, Blues

They didnt beat teams they should have

And their record against the better teams last year and this year? Defense has been pretty sound the last 10 games. Special teams are on fire. Depth scoring. We're definitely going to make it interesting again this year.

Only

The 16 points lost by our ****ty goaltending like tonight makes it empty

Didn't feel like an empty win to me, felt like we beat another solid playoff team in their own barn. We scored first again, they fought back and we had the answer everytime. Lu had a softie but they didn't welt under the pressure tonight. Outhit them, 50/50 FO%, had 23 blocked shots, only took 1 penalty and only 12 giveaways!!

pantherbot

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 7, 2006
I remember seeing the schedule after the all-star game with all those playoff teams and thinking that we play up to the competition...so maybe there's a chance! no more non-playoff teams for us please.

Gentle Man

09/12
Nov 15, 2011
Ontario, CA
Lol, why even watch at this point if after every win theres someone brooding in a corner about empty wins? We are all aware of what's going on. Just enjoy the win, jesus.

I watch because I enjoy hockey.

You can enjoy the win all you want. I can treat it however I want to treat it. All the points they missed out on matter to me.

WaitingForThatCab

#1 Nick Cousins Fan Account
Mar 11, 2017
I'm just pissed off that the nights I can't watch are the ones they decide to show up for. Maybe I should go out more.

KW

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 21, 2006
Brassard might fetch a first round pick if he keeps his play up
I suspect Brassard would like to stay on the panthers team, even if he got playoffs this season. He seems happy with a new start and a role he can do a lot in. We might be penny wise and pound foolish to trade him.

I hope we don’t.

Reactions: CHGoalie27

RainingRats

Dec 28, 2008
I suspect Brassard would like to stay on the panthers team, even if he got playoffs this season. He seems happy with a new start and a role he can do a lot in. We might be penny wise and pound foolish to trade him.

I hope we don’t.
He wants the playoffs because it will increase his chances at increasing his value for a bigger pay day.

If we trade him, we can still sign him.

Multigrain

Sep 9, 2018
Great game to watch would have been better if I didn't have to listen to Potvin.
He rattles off so much misinformation. He said the St. Louis Blues are not a contender and were curious how the Panthers lost to them? He needs to maybe look at the standings. Overall nice to see some great offense generated.

Asheville

Feb 1, 2018
Good teams win even when they don't bring a 60 (or in this case 65) minute effort.

Positive omen perhaps.

Cats2TheCup

Oct 27, 2011
Miami, Fl
I would join the anti-Matheson club but it's hard to enter when half these haters were hating on All Star Kieth Yandle. Brick in yo face.

Mogo

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 26, 2002
We could go on to make a wild run but are we forgetting Carolina and Philly running for WC spot are playing even better than us

Reactions: Montsy14

SoupyFIN

#OneTerritory
Nov 7, 2011
Brassard might fetch a first round pick if he keeps his play up
Probably not a guaranteed 1st, but a conditional pick (make the 2nd or 3rd round and it becomes a 1st, otherwise a 2nd) and another pick (3rd?) maybe. Unless it's a team that's bound to win the division and therefore finish in the 24-31 range anyway, even if they get knocked out in the 1st round.

I'd be fine with two 2nd rounders if the market isn't there, we've drafted well there lately.

Reactions: RainingRats
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad