Define the core of this team

Marc-E-

Sep 19, 2004
Montréal, Québec
Hi guys and most of all Habs fans. I'm wondering which players would you like to see Marc Bergevin building a championship team. Obviously, MB already put his stamp in some areas. Already by the signings of Carey Price and Max Pacioretty for sev:)eral years. Also the addition of Brandon Prust for 4 years. We all know that the salary cap is going down next year. So the management will have to take some key decisions.

So around which players we should built to win a Stanley Cup? MB wants to built through the draft . It's the best way. But, you've also to keep some veterans. I'm really curious about the vision from these board could bring on the table.

Pretty sure guys like Galchenyuk and Gallagher will be part of lot of list. Thanks to participate!

Last edited:

HabsSlappy

Jul 30, 2005
Ontario
Long TermCore Players:
Price, Subban, Emelin, Gorges, Galchenyuk, Pacioretty

Guys I hope can be core players:
Gallagher, Eller, Collberg, Tinordi, Beaulieu

Guys I hope can be good complimentary players:
Kristo, Leblanc, Bozon, Hudon, Ellis, Thrower, Dietz

I really think we need one or two more core players however. Whether they are already drafted or in this years draft...we need a couple more guys soon to make sure our guys will peak at the same time. Of course we could always sell the farm on a UFA if we think we are ready. Would really like Perry as a long term UFA, even if we have to overpay.

Sterling Archer

Sep 26, 2006
Core: Price, PK, Gorges, chukie, Patches, Pleks and Markov (he's shown what he brings to our team when healthy). Gally may be the Gio replacement but its too early to tell. I'd add Emelin but I'm not sure if he's a core player yet. He's awesome but I'm not sure how irreplaceable he is to this team.

Gio, Cole, Moen, Prust etc are the older players that add veteran leadership but can IMO be interchangeable.

Tinordi seems to me the most likely to come up and take a leadership role in the future. I don't know other players enough to know their character so I'll refrain from commentating on them.

odishabs

Aug 29, 2008
LONG TERM

Pacioretty -Galchenyuk - Gallagher

Subban - Emelin

Tinordi

Price

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad