Defense?????

Stef*

Seriously
As much as I like Maclean, he needs to start coaching
We wont succeed with all-in offense its ridiculous

We dont play as a 5 skaters unit

Forwards dont descend deep enough in our zone so we get pinch back deep in the zone too often

Minister of Offence

Oct 2, 2009
www.chadhargrove.com
"MacLean needs to start coaching"

lol.

It's hard to fix defenses issues for a consistent change when you're running into the elite teams of the league, and largely in their barns. There's 6/7 of the season left and we just got through the roughest 1/7.

BK201

Apr 11, 2011
I think we need a two way guy. This is how I see our pairings right now.

Shutdown - offensive
Shutdown - offensive
Shutdown - offensive/shutdown (depending who is rotating in)

I know it's not NHL video game but still.

Last edited:

Stef*

He won an award with defense

May be we should explore that avenue ?

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
While I certainly don't agree with "needs to start coaching" I agree that what the team seems to be trying to do isn't working

I wonder if there's a point where a coach would say "screw this, this isn't working, we're changing the system" outside of injuries

DylanSensFan

BEESHIP: NBH
Aug 3, 2010
Calgary
Seriously
As much as I like Maclean, he needs to start coaching
We wont succeed with all-in offense its ridiculous

We dont play as a 5 skaters unit

Forwards dont descend deep enough in our zone so we get pinch back deep in the zone too often

I figured out your problem... there is no "I" in team. Nor is there in "NHL head coach" that is why you're not a head coach and Paul MacLean is a Jack Adam's award winner. I have been talking about 5 skater units in a few threads now... MacLean had this team doing that last season, not his fault they are not listening this season.

I would trade 5 players before I ever thought of getting rid of MacLean.

OmniSens

@OmniSenators
Sep 22, 2008
Ottawa
There's no more Alfredsson presence in the locker room to calm the boys down. Once the remaining leaders on our team slow things down and start taking over the team, we'll be in a better place.

OttawaOilers

Nov 12, 2012
Yeah, because runner-up for Coach of the Year and actual Coach of the year following that is a fluke...

We our doing fine putting the pucks in the net, especially our back-end. We just need to tighten up and win some 3-1, 2-1 games. Again I will say it's only been two games since our 6-1 shellacking of the 'Wings. CALM THE HECK DOWN SENATOR 'FANS'.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad