Speculation: Defense - Who sits?

Saundies

Fly On The Wall
Jun 8, 2012
NB, Canada
Never been a fan of Bouillon. However he proved me wrong thus far. SOLID! SOLID! SOLID!

Keep up Cube.

:handclap:

I've always been a fan of Beef (that's what my dad and I call him) since I was around 5 years old. He was my favourite player here in Fredericton when the farm team was still here, and I've loved him ever since.

Ironically, my favourite here before him was Tucker... Hmmm. :sarcasm:

bsl

Oct 9, 2009
I could see that happen with Markov too, especially in a 3rd game in 4 nights type situation. Would be smart, IMO.

Which is why we keep Kaberle and Weber until the deadline min. We will need these guys. They are called subs, and they are valuable, believe it or not. It is not like Kabs and Weber have zero games NHL experience.

All teams depend on subs that are not that great. Kaberle is actually a pretty damn good 7th. Don't expect 8 great D on the team. Never gonna happen.

Marc the Habs Fan

Nov 30, 2002
Longueuil
Haha true enough! We gotta put our bets down on the Stars then because Chicago sure as hell doesn't need him right now.

I could see it happening. They are playing 2 rookies right now on D and they have a ton of money coming off their books next summer. Joe Nieuwendyk also played with Kaberle in Toronto and you have to think DAL faces a playoff or bust mandate this year after missing 4 straight times.

#Reaching :laugh:

FrankMTL

Jan 6, 2005
I love the look of our defence with Subban back. Its not perfect, but it has some good potential. When Bouillon is gone next year (maybe) we can have Tinordi take his spot...

Markov/Emelin
Gorges/Subban
Tinordi/Diaz

Best of all, in this group, only Markov is over 30.

MasterD

Giggidy Giggidy Goo
Jul 1, 2004
I'm a HUGE Subban fan, but given the fact that he has not had a training camp and that the team is playing well, I'd leave Diaz on the first PP unit. They are clicking well, and he is improving alongside Markov. Let the guy there until it's not working anymore.

Markov-Emelin
Gorges-Subban
Bouillon-Diaz

Markov-Diaz PP1
Emelin/Bouillon-Subban PP2

Gorges-Subban SH1
Bouillon-Emelin SH2

Uber Coca

Apr 23, 2003
Montreal
I love the look of our defence with Subban back. Its not perfect, but it has some good potential. When Bouillon is gone next year (maybe) we can have Tinordi take his spot...

Markov/Emelin
Gorges/Subban
Tinordi/Diaz

Best of all, in this group, only Markov is over 30.

If Tinordi and Diaz reach their potential, this defense has a nice balance of offense, defense and toughness.

Wats

Error 520
Mar 8, 2006
Slight correction. After PK apologizes to the team, which he will, and gets in game shape, he and Gorgeuos will be the top ES pairing, giving Marky a break on ES, and protecting Emelin a little bit while he develops into a MONSTER playing with Marky.

So, to correct, very slightly, in about 4 games:

Subban: 26-28 min (1st PK/2nd PP/Hard ES min)
Markov: 24-26 min (2nd PK/1st PP/Medium ES min)
Gorges: 22-23 min (1st PK/No PP/Hard ES min)
Emelin: 20-22 min (Reserve PK/2nd PP/Medium ES min)
Diaz: 15-18 min (reserve PK/1st PP/Soft ES min)
Boullion: 15-18 min (2nd PK/No PP/Soft ES min)
Weber: #7 D
Kaberle: trade

Disagree with taking Emelin off regular PK, he's leading the team in PK TOI this season and he and Markov have been excellent together. Only 2 PPGA combined in 34:26 SHTOI vs Boullion and Gorges' 5 PPGA combined in 34:49 SHTOI. Once Subban gets matched with Gorges, I think Gorges' effectiveness will be back to last season giving the Habs an elite PK again.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad