Defense 1st still?

Reality Czech

Apr 17, 2017
Chara’s willingness to play with a broken jaw was inspiring, but even before the injury he was a liability for Boston in that series. He’s only declined further. Sure, getting a prime age Chara would be a no-brainer. But we may as well add any number of over-the-hill guys who can’t help. If you add Chara, who do you get rid of (realistically)?

Good points. I guess this would only make sense if Dunn is moved, which I am not sure Army is considering right now. Personally I would try to trade him as I am not convinced he will ever be strong enough on defense to justify regular top 4 usage, especially with Faulk and Krug here long-term as smallish PMDs. You are right that he couldn't really keep up with Boston in the Finals, but he was playing 21 mins a game (basically tied for 3rd on the team with Carlo). I would envisage him as a third pairing/PK guy playing fewer minutes than he has been playing with Boston.

I know the chances of this are slim to none, but I don't think he would hurt us too much in a sheltered role and he would be an amazing example for our young players to emulate. It's just a pipe dream of mine, but a guy can dream can't he??? :naughty:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad