GDT: Defending Stanley Cup Champs St. Louis Blues vs. Vegas|GDT/Bouw Appreciation Thread|

Status
Not open for further replies.

CraftyVeteran

Lunatic
Apr 15, 2017
this team was doin a good enough job blowing the game but the NHL and the coaches need to figure out how to get refs to back off and stop taking over games. I don't care if it means a referee lockout. Maybe we need a new core of officials to get rid of the current union crew.

Reactions: i aint Dunn yet

Davimir Tarablad

Sep 16, 2015
I don’t believe in conspiracies or bias, but refs were bad tonight. That said, when you are as undisciplined as we were tonight you give refs chance to make those calls.
A blown tire and a stick lift being called as penalties aren't indicators of being undisciplined. And when blatant boarding, tripping, and even closing a hand on the puck are left uncalled on the other side, it's extremely infuriating.

kimzey59

Aug 16, 2003
Yup, another blown game. We can't generate enough offense, we need more help up front. Hopefully Armstrong will bring in another forward at the deadline along with getting Tank back.

52 shots, Jesus!

We scored 5 goals.
When you score 5 and lose; the problem isn't the offense, the defense is.

The Blues need to figure things out defensively. We need Sunny back, our vets need to get their heads out of their backsides and we need somebody to adequately replace Bouw(not sure if that's Mikkola or if we need to trade for somebody).

Reactions: DoubleK81

i aint Dunn yet

Apr 13, 2015
good for you zack ... when jbo went down i forgot all about him losing his dad last year and im sure that hit him hard ... the kid was inspired to make a difference tonight ..

keep it up junkman .. much respect

Last edited:
Reactions: Stealth JD

Blanick

Winter is coming
Sep 20, 2011
St. Louis
So funny story our two officials tonight were Gord Dwyer and Jake Brenk. Mr. Brenk was the shit show tonight. Out of curiosity I decided to look them up on ScoutingtheRefs.com

Jake Brenk's first NHL game was 11/12/15
Gord Dwyer's first NHL game 11/19/15

Since they have broke into the league.
Gord Dwyer has officiated 994 games.
Jake Brenk has officiated 233 games. That is 761 less.

From this I can only assume that the NHL knows how terrible Brenk is but for some reason refuse to just fire or demote him.

i aint Dunn yet

Apr 13, 2015
So funny story our two officials tonight were Gord Dwyer and Jake Brenk. Mr. Brenk was the **** show tonight. Out of curiosity I decided to look them up on ScoutingtheRefs.com

Jake Brenk's first NHL game was 11/12/15
Gord Dwyer's first NHL game 11/19/15

Since they have broke into the league.
Gord Dwyer has officiated 994 games.
Jake Brenk has officiated 233 games. That is 761 less.

From this I can only assume that the NHL knows how terrible Brenk is but for some reason refuse to just fire or demote him.
interesting

TerminatorBlue

Nov 11, 2007
Canada
We scored 5 goals.
When you score 5 and lose; the problem isn't the offense, the defense is.

The Blues need to figure things out defensively. We need Sunny back, our vets need to get their heads out of their backsides and we need somebody to adequately replace Bouw(not sure if that's Mikkola or if we need to trade for somebody).

4 of which were scored by one player. Thing is when you chase them all game you get penalties and end up playing in our own zone most of the time. Our offence is one and done most games then they come into our zone and get shot after shot, we need to generate more in "their" zone.

Stlblue50

Apr 17, 2019
The NHL is a joke...I can’t take this pathetic display by the refs anymore

Wipe out all of them and start over! They look like a bunch of dweebs that want to have an impact on the game so bad

Stlblue50

Apr 17, 2019
So funny story our two officials tonight were Gord Dwyer and Jake Brenk. Mr. Brenk was the **** show tonight. Out of curiosity I decided to look them up on ScoutingtheRefs.com

Pretty easy to tell that these guys are related to higher ups. There is no other logical explanation

shpongle falls

Ass Möde
Oct 1, 2014
The Night Train
There's going to be bad calls and you have to overcome them but Jesus ******* Christ they were absolutely terrible tonight and screwed the Blues in OT. Calls on Kyrou were weak as **** too.

simon IC

Sponsor
Sep 8, 2007
Canada
The PK was atrocious. Yes, we
were on the receiving end of some bad calls, but winning teams persevere through adversity. I would rather focus on fixing the PK, and overall team defense, than whine about the officiating. Man, it didn't take us long to miss Jay Bouwmeester. :(

Reactions: Stealth JD

Reality Czech

Apr 17, 2017
Refs were a f***ing joke tonight. Handed Vegas the win, basically. 4 PP goals? Give me a break. Half of the calls on us were phantom penalties.

Ranksu

Crotch Academy ftw
Sponsor
Apr 28, 2014
Lapland
Watched game afterwards.

Reaves beat Gunnar on icing call race. Sum up perfectly does Gunnar belong in the NHL regular basis.

I hope next game Mikkola will be dressed.

I kind of feel bad for Faulk. Guy was acquired for offensive skills and he gets benched when he should be on ice, but instead using him powerplay he's used at PK. Chief mind game is impressive.

Renard

Nov 14, 2011
St. Louis, MO
I didn't see the game last night.

I find out this morning that Zach Sanford scored four goals in one game on the road, and the Blues still lose. And Vegas scored four power play goals.

Stealth JD

Don't condescend me, man.
Sponsor
Jan 16, 2006
Bonita Springs, FL
Next games are big. Back2Back games vs Preds.
giphy.gif

President Skroob

Dec 21, 2019
Watched game afterwards.

Reaves beat Gunnar on icing call race. Sum up perfectly does Gunnar belong in the NHL regular basis.

I kind of feel bad for Faulk. Guy was acquired for offensive skills and he gets benched when he should be on ice, but instead using him powerplay he's used at PK. Chief mind game is impressive.

Funny, all of the times the Blues beat out Vegas for an icing it was still called an icing

Xerloris

reckless optimism
Jun 9, 2015
St.Louis
Watched game afterwards.

Reaves has always been a fast skater.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad