GDT: Defending Stanley Cup Champs St. Louis Blues vs. Philly

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stlblue50

Apr 17, 2019
I would LOVE to see one 5 on 3 without 27 out there. I’m sure he has been out of there for every single 5 on 3 for the past 4 years.
Then you look at our brutal 5/3 conversion rate in the past 3-4 years.....:huh:

Reactions: stlwahoo

Stlblue50

Apr 17, 2019
What was so impressive about the home winning streak was how dominate they were in most of them. Going off the top of my head, this was the first game that went to OT in the 10 games!

Meatball

2018-19 Stanley Cup Champions! :3
Jul 1, 2014
St. Louis
Bright side:

-We're the defending champs
- They can never take 2019 away from us
- We're #1 in the league (all we need to do is make it in, and we're doing a great job of that)
- We play the Flyers again in March for those of you who still feel raw about this loss.

WatchfulEducatedAstarte-size_restricted.gif

Reactions: i aint Dunn yet

Robb_K

Apr 26, 2007
NordHolandNethrlands
I would LOVE to see one 5 on 3 without 27 out there. I’m sure he has been out of there for every single 5 on 3 for the past 4 years.
Then you look at our brutal 5/3 conversion rate in the past 3-4 years.....:huh:

It's simple: when you have a 2-man advantage DON'T SIT ON THE PERIMETER AND CYCLE THE PUCK AROUND PRAYING FOR AN OPENING! Send three of your 5 players to the net and have the extra 2 men there to jump on rebounds! When you have 2 extra men the strategy should NOT be the same as when you have only 1. It is really hard to defend against 2 uncovered players. There are no excuses! :mad:

Meatball

Jul 1, 2014
St. Louis
That burst of speed by Thomas in OT reminded me exactly why we need Kyrou back in the lineup, also. Hope Berube makes the right call here.

Last edited:

Stlblue50

Apr 17, 2019
It's simple: when you have a 2-man advantage DON'T SIT ON THE PERIMETER AND CYCLE THE PUCK AROUND PRAYING FOR AN OPENING! Send three of your 5 players to the net and have the extra 2 men there to jump on rebounds! When you have 2 extra men the strategy should NOT be the same as when you have only 1. It is really hard to defend against 2 uncovered players. There are no excuses! :mad:
I get you want you’re saying but you know what they say...... the sum is only as strong as its weakest link. 27 is so slow in his decision making and quick tap to tap passes are what makes a successful 5 on 3. Plus he’s the QB! Like tonight, he misses the net far too often

Oh and how about missing his wide open teammate with a pass that any player could make blindfolded

simon IC

Sponsor
Sep 8, 2007
Canada
This! So much this! Thank you Robb. The 5 on 3 mystery is really easily solved. Stop trying to be pretty! Stop trying to make the perfect Prima Donna play and put it on the net!

Davimir Tarablad

Sep 16, 2015
The first 20ish seconds of the 5on3 were good, they shrunk Philly's triangle down really well. Everything went to **** as soon as they missed the first shot attempt and allowed Philly to reset, then they proceeded to miss every single shot attempt on the advantage. Usually the entire 5on3 is a ****show but tonight looked decent until they wasted their good work on a missed shot, and then **** the bed the rest of the time

Last edited:

Robb_K

Apr 26, 2007
NordHolandNethrlands
I haven’t seen Sanford in a while. Did he get benched?
Why is Sanford playing on one of the top 2 forward lines, and De La Rose in, and Kyrou out??? Kyrou should be getting in as much experience as possible so he'll be able to be an effective player during the run for playoff seeding, and the playoffs. Ideally, he'll have been playing on a regular line by then, and know his linemates well. Why has he been out 4 games in a row? He can't be exhausted yet. I haven't heard of even a small injury or fighting the flu.

Reactions: Vincenzo Arelliti

Reality Czech

Apr 17, 2017
Why is Sanford playing on one of the top 2 forward lines, and De La Rose in, and Kyrou out??? Kyrou should be getting in as much experience as possible so he'll be able to be an effective player during the run for playoff seeding, and the playoffs. Ideally, he'll have been playing on a regular line by then, and know his linemates well. Why has he been out 4 games in a row? He can't be exhausted yet. I haven't heard of even a small injury or fighting the flu.

Are we really going to discuss the again? You mean the four games in a row we won? Why would coach mix up the lines when we're dominating?

Settle down Kyrou minions, I'm sure he'll get another chance soon. I assume he's been practicing staying onside these past four games.

Meatball

Jul 1, 2014
St. Louis
Are we really going to discuss the again? You mean the four games in a row we won? Why would coach mix up the lines when we're dominating?

Settle down Kyrou minions, I'm sure he'll get another chance soon. I assume he's been practicing staying onside these past four games.

Damn right.

Xk7nnrV

jdm91pZ

n3RMAxhHhR1q5ZELA

Last edited:

Mike Liut

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 12, 2008
Playing again without our best scorer and best defender. Imagine if this team was healthy.

Chet Manly

Feb 25, 2015
Saint Louis

I've always thought Sanford should be a reserve guy. All of last year, his strongest game were after he sat a few. He'd come out on fire, slowly start falling behind, then he'd sit for 2-3. As soon as he came back, he would start lighting it up again. Maybe not a bad idea to start experimenting with his playing time again.

Stupendous Yappi

Any famous last words? Not yet!
Sponsor
Aug 23, 2018
Erwin, TN
The Blues didn’t have any business earning a point last night. I’ll take it. But Parayko’s absence was painfully noticeable. And it was a sleepy game from the forwards, with lots of casual turn-overs.

‘The Flyers are a good team, and I thought they looked the best prepared to play St Louis of any team from the East they’ve played. The Flyers were well positioned to break up the Blues’ usual outbreak passes and get sticks on pucks.

Reactions: badmoth

Blueston

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2016
Houston, TX
The Blues didn’t have any business earning a point last night. I’ll take it. But Parayko’s absence was painfully noticeable. And it was a sleepy game from the forwards, with lots of casual turn-overs.

‘The Flyers are a good team, and I thought they looked the best prepared to play St Louis of any team from the East they’ve played. The Flyers were well positioned to break up the Blues’ usual outbreak passes and get sticks on pucks.
We were way too sloppy. When game takes on that frenetic pace we lose our advantage.

Ranksu

Crotch Academy ftw
Sponsor
Apr 28, 2014
Lapland
Sanford had 3-4 great scoring opportunities and he waffle all of them. When he will get benched and Kyrou in?

Jbo - Faulk pair need to separeta too many defensive errors which cost team 2 goals. Mikkola - Bortuzzo both under 10min icetime. Why? Mikkola can play PK so why not release some from like Faulk who is in big trouble at d-zone. Clearly he has improve his physical game, but he doesn't have frame and muscle to work with it so he can win those battles, use Mikkola who is much better fit on that role.

Reactions: badmoth

Bluesnatic27

Aug 5, 2011

I don't want to get into this, but you do realize that Kyrou was playing during that four game span you mentioned, right?

It seems a tad strange to say the bolded when Berube did mix the lines up during that stretch.

Oberyn

Prince of Dorne
Mar 27, 2011
That was a rough game to watch. Nice comeback by the Blues in the 3rd, but they were extremely sloppy in the defensive zone and the 1st PP unit needs a wake up call.

Reality Czech

Apr 17, 2017
I don't want to get into this, but you do realize that Kyrou was playing during that four game span you mentioned, right?

It seems a tad strange to say the bolded when Berube did mix the lines up during that stretch.

So why do you think Berube decided to sit Kyrou instead of Sanford? He must have a good reason, no?

They mentioned before the Rangers game that Berube inserted DLR because he wanted the lines to match up better against the Rangers' top six. So clearly Berube values defense and overall play more than many fans here do. No one is doubting Kyrou's offensive skill, but some people act like we would be winning every game if only Kyrou was in the lineup. There were plenty of Blues that didn't play well enough against the Flyers but as usual I see Sanford getting most of the negative comments. It's getting old. The kid will get his chance soon enough.

Reactions: kruz12
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->