Giroux - Hayes - Konecny
Raffl - Couturier - Voracek
van Riemsdyk - Laughton - Aube-Kubel
Farabee - Bunnaman - Pitlick

Provorov - Niskanen
Sanheim - Myers
Hägg - Friedman

Elliott
(Hart is out with a fairly new injury, IIRC)

Obligatory reminder:

KingBran

Three Eyed Raven
Apr 24, 2014
Can someone do this but with Berube as the fisherman, the cup on the fishing line and Yeo trying to grab it? :naughty:

f4d927c276866d212555ce9ed5a9933f.jpg

Brian39

Apr 24, 2014
Another game no Kyrou. wow. I'm just speechless.
Berube is a coach that doesn't mess with a lineup after wins unless injuries force him to. There was basically no chance he was going to healthy scratch any player who has contributed to our current 4 game win streak in which we have outscored the opposition 17-6.

We're on a 9 game home winning streak and haven't lost at home in over 5 weeks. We're 7-2-1 in the last 10 overall and 14-5-1 over the last 20. We all have our opinions and preferences about the 10th-12th forwards in the lineup, but it is ridiculous to be "speechless" about the coach's decision making given the on-ice results.

Edit: If I were the coach, my lineup tonight (and for the last couple games) would not be the same as Berube's has been. But even if/when I disagree with Berube about that lineup, I can't act like Berube is making baffling decisions when the team is not just winning, but outright dominating teams.

Last edited:

Ranksu

Crotch Academy ftw
Sponsor
Apr 28, 2014
Lapland
Berube is a coach that doesn't mess with a lineup after wins unless injuries force him to. There was basically no chance he was going to healthy scratch any player who has contributed to our current 4 game win streak in which we have outscored the opposition 17-6.

We're on a 9 game home winning streak and haven't lost at home in over 5 weeks. We're 7-2-1 in the last 10 overall and 14-5-1 over the last 20. We all have our opinions and preferences about the 10th-12th forwards in the lineup, but it is ridiculous to be "speechless" about the coach's decision making given the on-ice results.

Edit: If I were the coach, my lineup tonight (and for the last couple games) would not be the same as Berube's has been. But even if/when I disagree with Berube about that lineup, I can't act like Berube is making baffling decisions when the team is not just winning, but outright dominating teams.
I think there was back back loses when Sanford played badly and he stayed in lineup. He didn't even get benched on those games instead he get promoted and player who score, but not, 'cus of 2 offsides Kyrou did went heatlhy scratch after strong games.

You have to be pretty blind if you can't see uncle Chief favors Sanford over Kyrou. And his path if you play bad you won't be get icetime or get benched all those haven't include with Sanford.

Couple games back Sanford did play really well and deserve credits, but his constancy isn't that level what justify him to play with ROR - Perron. But if ROR - Perron can carry him its fine and it doesn't hurt team its fine, but we have better players in that role who might be better option. If that try-out doesn't work stick with Sanford, but there hasn't tried in long run another player than Sanford and it drives me crazy.

Its quite same with Mikkola. I was hyping him and saying he would be ready in the lineup, but Chief stick with old bones. Only if Parayko wouldn't get hurt we wouldn't see Mikkola in now we might speak him being ahead of Gunnar which was joke back in summer when it was discussed.

Last edited:

Honeycutt

Jan 18, 2010
I think there was back back loses when Sanford played badly and he stayed in lineup. He didn't even get benched on those games instead he get promoted and player who score, but not, 'cus of 2 offsides Kyrou did went heatlhy scratch after strong games.

You have to be pretty blind if you can't see uncle Chief favors Sanford over Kyrou. And his path if you play bad you won't be get icetime or get benched all those haven't include with Sanford.

Couple games back Sanford did play really well and deserve credits, but his constancy isn't that level what justify him to play with ROR - Perron. But if ROR - Perron can carry him its fine and it doesn't hurt team its fine, but we have better players in that role who might be better option. If that try-out doesn't work stick with Sanford, but there hasn't tried in long run another player than Sanford.

You have to be pretty biased for or against certain players to think an nhl coaches would play favorites over putting the roster with the best chance to win on the ice.

Kyrou is not an nhl regular at this point in his career, next year he should be, but he is gonna have to get stronger and be more aware of the defensive side of the game. He is not a super special prospect who can step right in to the nhl and play every night. Not a knock on him, just being a really great skater does not make an nhl player.

Xerloris

reckless optimism
Jun 9, 2015
St.Louis

Tell me again how Chief doesn't sratch players after wins and then remember that Kyrou got scratched a win within the last week.

Ranksu

Crotch Academy ftw
Sponsor
Apr 28, 2014
Lapland
You have to be pretty biased for or against certain players to think an nhl coaches would play favorites over putting the roster with the best chance to win on the ice.

Kyrou is not an nhl regular at this point in his career, next year he should be, but he is gonna have to get stronger and be more aware of the defensive side of the game. He is not a super special prospect who can step right in to the nhl and play every night. Not a knock on him, just being a really great skater does not make an nhl player.
Well what Sanford brings in the table about defensive side, eh, I think he would be last choice of Berube's mind to play PK unite for example, maybe over Perron, but nothing more. Sanford isn't excatly any area good. He's just lanky winger who had fight vs. Bortuzzo last season and team turned up after that, wait a minute... :sarcasm:

Honeycutt

Jan 18, 2010
Well what Sanford brings in the table about defensive side, eh, I think he would be last choice of Berube's mind to play PK unite for example, maybe over Perron, but nothing more. Sanford isn't excatly any area good. He's just lanky winger who had fight vs. Bortuzzo last season and team turned up after that, wait a minute... :sarcasm:

So then how bad must Kyrou be? Cant even beat out sanford..

this isn't playstation buerbe is putting the player that best fills the role he envisions for success in the lineup and right now Sanford is better for that role than Kyrou, just like mikkola is better for the 3rd pairing lhd than Gunnar.
It's not that hard and there is no plot to hold back Kyrou...
cheif just wants someone who can win a board battle, hold on to the puck, and play a little defense on the line that will most likely go up against other top lines..

Honeycutt

Jan 18, 2010

Delete double post

Ranksu

Crotch Academy ftw
Sponsor
Apr 28, 2014
Lapland
So then how bad must Kyrou be? Cant even beat out sanford..

this isn't playstation buerbe is putting the player that best fills the role he envisions for success in the lineup and right now Sanford is better for that role than Kyrou, just like mikkola is better for the 3rd pairing lhd than Gunnar.
It's not that hard and there is no plot to hold back Kyrou...
cheif just wants someone who can win a board battle, hold on to the puck, and play a little defense on the line that will most likely go up against other top lines..
MacMac is superior in board battle, goal scorer, better 2-way, better Skater, better forechecker, better hitter than Sanford and he has outscored Sanford in 4th line minutes and lesser linemates.

Than se could slide Steen back in his normal position 4th line and give Kyrou 3rd line.

Code:
Schwartz - Schenn - Barbashev
MacMac - ROR - Perron
Kyrou - Bozak - Thomas
Steen - DLR - Sundqvist

Honeycutt

Jan 18, 2010
MacMac is superior in board battle, goal scorer, better 2-way, better Skater, better forechecker, better hitter than Sanford and he has outscored Sanford in 4th line minutes and lesser linemates.

Than se could slide Steen back in his normal position 4th line and give Kyrou 3rd line.

Code:
Schwartz - Schenn - Barbashev
MacMac - ROR - Perron
Kyrou - Bozak - Thomas
Steen - DLR - Sundqvist

Mac mac is a 4th line forward on this team and he will stay a 4th line forward, that's his role. Sanford is the fill in 2nd line forward, 3rd line forward, that's his role. Kyrou is a fill in top6 winger that is his role, when another top 6 winger is injured or not playing to chiefs expectations, Kyrou will fill in.. when kyrou plays again it will be his shot to prove he in now an everyday player on this roster, at least until Blaise is back, then Sanford and kyrou are both watching from up high.

trying to force kyrou on the third and fourth line is dumb because that is not a role he is suited for..
It's not hard, it's not a plot against kyrou, he is not a regular nhler on this team, yet.

mk80

Jul 30, 2012
I'd put Kyrou in the lineup over Sanford. Saying that, we are winning games, Sanford hasn't been hurting us in this stretch, and Kyrou will get his opportunity, I believe Chief knows what he's doing. The only coach who should be answering lineup questions is Bruce Boudreau right now :sarcasm:

Let's Go Blues!

Reactions: Reality Czech

bluesfan94

Jan 7, 2008
St. Louis
I'd put Kyrou in the lineup over Sanford. Saying that, we are winning games, Sanford hasn't been hurting us in this stretch, and Kyrou will get his opportunity, I believe Chief knows what he's doing. The only coach who should be answering lineup questions is Bruce Boudreau right now :sarcasm:

Let's Go Blues!
I think he's actually the only coach who shouldn't be answering those questions given that he's clearly not an expert

Reactions: mk80
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->