GDT: Defending Stanley Cup Champs St. Louis Blues vs. NY Rangers: our blue is better than their blue

Status
Not open for further replies.

DoubleK81

It's always something with these pricks.
Sep 10, 2010
PETRO SUCKS
Yes I agree. He has always been a favourite of mine, and I even wanted him on the Blues for awhile. It must be hard for him to be on a rebuilding team.

Honestly though, good for him for not whining and being a good soldier through it all

He has actually given management the OK to explore trade options. He isn't asking for a trade, more giving them the ability to.

simon IC

Sponsor
Sep 8, 2007
Canada
This may be an unpopular opinion, but the Rangers desperately need more size and physicality on their blue line. I can't think of a better example of the continued importance of defensive defensemen in today's NHL.

Em etah Eh

Maroon PP
Jul 17, 2007
Hahaha, most entertaining game all season. Rangers fans probably still hate us for losing them a 1st by beating Dallas last year. They got plenty more reasons now.

i don’t know if I’d say that. The 3rd period was a predictable snooze fest but I’m glad we stayed til the end to catch the fireworks.

TaffyPool

Mar 8, 2019
Boy, do I love this team! Top to bottom, whether a forward, D-man or goalie...or the next man up from the press ox or the minors. Every game seems like one they can win and even when they don’t, it rarely feels they were entirely out of it, and never fells like it’s the unfixable before the next game.

No idea what the future holds, but the team seems intent on somehow even improving on the last regular/post-season performance and defending their title. No hangover here.

I want to keep this team together! Damn you Seattle for forcing us to give someone up in 1.5 years! :) Weird/Scary to say, but with the synergy and energy shown over these past 35 games, putting Tarasenko on that available players list seems a lot less crazy...

Blueston

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2016
Houston, TX
I find it interesting how all of these "superstar" players like Panarin always seem to disappear when I watch them play against the Blues.
Only one who scares me is on Avs. I’m not convinced there is a better player in league than Mackinnon.

BlueMed

Jul 18, 2019
Only one who scares me is on Avs. I’m not convinced there is a better player in league than Mackinnon.

Just McDavid and Crosby, in my opinion. Regardless, the Avs are a 1 line team with a decent 2nd line, and a shallow bottom 6. Their defense is above average but not great. We all know how good Makar is offensively, but the real question will be how well he handles the physicality and the defensive coverage in the playoffs. I think we would take them out in 6 games.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad