GDT: Defending Stanley Cup Champs St. Louis Blues vs. Montreal Canadiens |6 PM| HNIC Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

illininer

Apr 30, 2014
Illinois
Quit playing after we took the lead.

We've been extremely soft so far this year. Can't be soft since we are one of the slowest teams in the league.

WATTAGE4451

Jan 4, 2018
When Thomas gets back.

Perron - ROR - Blais
Schwartz - Schenn - Thomas
Fabbri - Bozak - Tarasenko
Sundqvist - Barbashev - Steen
Id rather move sunny with bozak thomas and bring in macmac for the 4th line. At least macmac plays physical. Fabbri offers nothing. He can skate in circles around players while he does ultimately nothing.

HighNote

Just one more Cup
Jul 1, 2014
St. Louis
Id rather move sunny with bozak thomas and bring in macmac for the 4th line. At least macmac plays physical. Fabbri offers nothing. He can skate in circles around players while he does ultimately nothing.
The main goal is to get Tarasenko less minutes. He skates like he's gassed so how about we give him less ice time.

Reactions: Fitrix

TK 421

Barbashev eats babies pass it on
Sep 12, 2007
We knew this was coming with the way they've been playing. On to Long Island to see old coaching nemesis Barry Trotz.

Reactions: Nathaniel Lauharn

Robb_K

Apr 26, 2007
NordHolandNethrlands
Let's forget this game and move on. You can't beat an NHL team if you don't skate, and play with some energy. A team can't win every game, and can't play hard all 82 games. Let's play hard, and determined against The Islanders, and come out with a win, Monday. Tarasenko and Schwartz need to start playing with purpose. As John Lee Hooker sang, - No more Doggin'!

Borderbluesfan

Nov 14, 2011
Columbia, Missouri
First game where we didn’t get points! I predict there will be a few more this season!! Not worrying until it looks like we won’t make the playoffs. As I’ve always said as long as you make the playoffs, you have a chance to win it all!!

Meatball

2018-19 Stanley Cup Champions! :3
Jul 1, 2014
St. Louis
I mean, we already won the cup, so I'm completely alright with whatever happens from here on in.

That said, our defense was bad, Binnington was solid and I don't expect us to keep playing like this forever.

We will be fine. :nod:

Vladdy the Impaler

Moar Sobotka
Feb 20, 2015
The Lou
Lol players still hungover. Not surprisingly, I'm still just thinking "oh well, at least we have the cup." It's gonna take a while for me to really get disappointed with this team ever again...

Borderbluesfan

Nov 14, 2011
Columbia, Missouri
The only team ahead of us in the Central has one more loss in regulation than the Blues, lol!! Overreaction to a loss almost as bad as Monday morning QB’s reacting to NFL results!!

Sgt Schultz

Jun 30, 2019
Santa Fe, NM
First time I've gotten to see them this season, thanks to a free week of NHL Center Ice. They looked like a different team after they took the lead. The persistence was gone.

While the eventual game winner was a soft goal, Lehkonen had time enough to take a few more whacks at his own rebounds if he needed it.

I think the fifth goal was worth a challenge, but that may not have made any difference from what I saw down the stretch.

Out of an 82 game season, there are going to be some stinkers. This was definitely one of them.

Blueston

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2016
Houston, TX
Wife and I had date night so first game I missed in quite a while. Sounds like I lucked out. We had lovely evening and team apparently laid an egg.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad