GDT: Defending Stanley Cup Champs St. Louis Blues vs. Florida

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joshuar56

Apr 11, 2019
not physical enough tonight .. but i expected it after the way the game went last night ... on to the next
I don’t care if we played a physical game against a team fighting for a playoff spot last night! We mailed it in obviously!

AjaxManifesto

Pro sports is becoming predictable and boring
Mar 9, 2016
St. Louis
LMAO huge overreaction to this loss as usual.

Panthers are a solid team. Move on and win Wednesday, it’s not a big deal.

My issue is that they didn't play their style. They just went through the motions. Our stars are AWOL for these types of games. I haven't figured out if they just make a calculation that they will do the minimum amount to have a chance to win the game and nothing more.

MissouriMook

Still just a Mook among men
Sponsor
Jul 4, 2014
You'll never convince me that something isn't wrong with ROR. I think he's got a lower body thing going on and he's just willing himself to go on. Making uncharacteristically bad decisions with the puck, reaching for pucks instead of moving his feet and struggling to get to loose pucks. He's still getting the job done most of the time on guts and gumption but something has clearly been bothering him for months.

Reactions: AjaxManifesto

CraftyVeteran

Lunatic
Apr 15, 2017

It's not the loss that bothers people. It's how they lose. Lack of quality shots, hard skating and making terrible decisions especially against bad teams. It's becoming a pattern of bad habits that can bite them in the playoffs. Have some foresight.

Joshuar56

Apr 11, 2019
It's not the loss that bothers people. It's how they lose. Lack of quality shots, hard skating and making terrible decisions especially against bad teams. It's becoming a pattern of bad habits that can bite them in the playoffs. Have some foresight.
Panthers are far from a bad team, especially with driedger playing.

CraftyVeteran

Lunatic
Apr 15, 2017
Panthers are far from a bad team, especially with driedger playing.
you mean the guy with a total of 14 NHL games to his roster? Impressive. Florida is fighting for their playoff lives. The Blues should be dominating them. They aren't exactly Boston.

Joshuar56

Apr 11, 2019
you mean the guy with a total of 14 NHL games to his roster? Impressive. Florida is fighting for their playoff lives. The Blues should be dominating them. They aren't exactly Boston.
Yeah... kinda like that one goalie who helped a team come from last place to win the cup last year... :rolleyes:

AjaxManifesto

Mar 9, 2016
St. Louis
It's one of two things:

1) They have made a calculation as a team that they will expend energy as it suits them. Meaning, they will go all in against a Chicago, but put in the minimum against a Florida and hope a lucky bounce takes them to victory. They will finish the regular season like this and hope to have "stored up gas in the tank" for the playoffs.
OR
2) They are really worn down and that Chicago game depleted them. So much so that they couldn't even get back to their style of play tonight even if they wanted to.

I'm hoping its #1, but with 10, 17, 90, and 57 playing so spotty I could see #2 being the real situation.

AjaxManifesto

Mar 9, 2016
St. Louis
Disagree. Colorado lost to Ducks last week. Detroit just beat a Tampa yesterday. Buffalo beat Caps tonight. It happens. Not every game against middling team gets top energy level or you burn out before playoffs.

It's pretty clear they were in energy management mode tonight. It could have worked if a few things bounced their way. It wasn't as if Florida destroyed them. It was more like the Blues didn't care enough to battle.

My worry is that we are not good enough to just turn the switch in the playoffs and play a dominant style. I'd rather go in as the #1 and have an easier 1st round than have to battle harder as the #2.

Blueston

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2016
Houston, TX
It's starting to feel like the story of this season isn't going to end the way we hoped it would. They're either running out of gas or have just forgotten how to be hungry.

On the other hand, I hear Dallas is nice in April.
Spring is beautiful there. Better to visit Texas early before it gets too hot. And Stars have lost 5 in a row so not sure why everyone is scared of them.

Blueston

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2016
Houston, TX

Panthers pulled to 1 point of Leafs tonight. They needed this game much more than we did. Wouldn’t read anything else into it.

Blueston

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2016
Houston, TX
The decline of 57, 10, 17, and 90 has me really worried.
It’s a slump. Everyone has one. And Schenn has actually generally been very good lately. Schwartz has been generally good but snakebit. ROR looked good when he was with those 2 recently. Perron is I think only one of that group ego has really played poorly. He needs to slide down in lineup until he refinds his game.

Spektre

Apr 10, 2010
Krynn
The sloppy play in the D zone and too many turnovers continue in the neutral zone yet again.

Dunn’s defensive struggles continue.

Thomas is the best forward on the ice again.

There’s a lot of talk around the league as to where each team will finish in the standings. It really doesn’t matter to me as long as the Blues make the dance. There’s no easy route to the Cup.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad