GDT: Defending Stanley Cup Champs St. Louis Blues vs. Edmonton|The Journey Thru Western Canada Continues|

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheDizee

Trade Jordan Kyrou ASAP | ALWAYS RIGHT
Apr 5, 2014
why the f*** are the top players even out there, its 4-2 with 30 secs left and we have a game tomorrow. pure stupidity.

Reactions: i aint Dunn yet

Borderbluesfan

Nov 14, 2011
Columbia, Missouri
What a way to lose.

Seems about right.

This team is in SERIOUS trouble. They better get out of this funk.

They don't come prepared. They don't work nearly hard enough.

The league doesn't give a rip about our cup run. They will take it to us every game.
I think you wrote off the team last year very early on and you’ve been one of the more negative posters about the team for quite a while!!! We have a lot of injuries to top end players and we’re playing with a lot of AHL players!!!

Last edited:

Robb_K

Apr 26, 2007
NordHolandNethrlands
The Blues just didn't come to play in The 1st, and decided to play the last 2 periods, but Koskinin played very well. Just one of those games. NO team can play at 100% effort for 82 games. I'd just rather have them beat Vancouver and Edmonton, rather than having to hope they beat my hometown team next game. :(

Last edited:

AjaxManifesto

Pro sports is becoming predictable and boring
Mar 9, 2016
St. Louis
They weren't going to make it through the entire season without hitting a rut at some point. It's comical to watch everyone on here throw the team and coaching staff under the bus after everything they did for us last year...
No. We know they can play better.
They are not playing the way they need to. They are not prepared at the start. They are chasing too many games. The biggest problem is the D. It's not good.

Reactions: Vollie27

Ranksu

Crotch Academy ftw
Sponsor
Apr 28, 2014
Lapland
Well, time for go to work. Get right pump after watch 1.5 periods. Just saw Larsson physical game. Impressive.

Joshuar56

Apr 11, 2019
What a way to lose.

Seems about right.

This team is in SERIOUS trouble. They better get out of this funk.

They don't come prepared. They don't work nearly hard enough.

The league doesn't give a rip about our cup run. They will take it to us every game.
Step back from the ledge...

Reactions: Borderbluesfan

Ranksu

Crotch Academy ftw
Sponsor
Apr 28, 2014
Lapland
Might not be ok to say, but I would love to see Mikkola play now. His simple physical game + really defend well 1on1 + understand dz well enough box out opposite forwards.

Reactions: i aint Dunn yet

mike1320

No. We know they can play better.
They are not playing the way they need to. They are not prepared at the start. They are chasing too many games. The biggest problem is the D. It's not good.
Again, they were due for a slump. It happens to every team, no matter how well they're built and coached. Better to deal with a funk now rather than late March-early April...

Reactions: Bluenatic

stl76

No. 5 in your programs, No. 1 in your hearts
Jul 2, 2015
Man, Pietrangelo was uncharacteristically awful tonight. First Edmonton goal was completely on him and their 3rd (GWG) was due to him not reading Faulk's decision/coverage. Poor communication between those two.

kevy999

Sep 12, 2016
Ahh whatever. ****ty game but again I’m not going to lose sleep over losing to a bad team in January. It doesn’t really make much of a difference in the grand scheme of things.
Oilers are not a bad team. You need to respect other teams. They have 2 of the best players in the world and having been good this year and are only going to get better

CaliforniaBlues310

Apr 9, 2013
San Pedro, CA.
Tough loss, but it is what it is. We shot ourselves in the foot tonight, but as long as we beat Winnipeg tomorrow, we’ll have a satisfactory road trip.

Since our 8 game win streak, we’re 5-5-2, and that includes a 4 game win streak in there. Obviously every team struggles at some point, but if we don’t pick it up soon, I expect Army to be a little more proactive on acquiring another top 6 guy.

BlueKnight

Apr 19, 2015
Alberta, Canada
Man, Pietrangelo was uncharacteristically awful tonight. First Edmonton goal was completely on him and their 3rd (GWG) was due to him not reading Faulk's decision/coverage. Poor communication between those two.
I agree Petro was awful. Yes the first goal was on him. And the 3rd goal, IMO wasn't on Petro. It was on Faulk, Petro had his man covered and Faulk slid over to cover the man Petro was covering.

Reactions: Celtic Note

Stlblue50

Apr 17, 2019
I agree Petro was awful. Yes the first goal was on him. And the 3rd goal, IMO wasn't on Petro. It was on Faulk, Petro had his man covered and Faulk slid over to cover the man Petro was covering.
Petro has been terrible most of the season in his own end. The Gunner/Dunn pairing has been much better than the Faulk/Petro pairing. Jaybo/Colt is one of the best in the league

stl76

No. 5 in your programs, No. 1 in your hearts
Jul 2, 2015
Basically from the offensive blueline, Faulk starts skating directly at the puck carrier Yamamoto. He had the angle on him and was trying to attack the puck carrier and force him into the boards. Faulk was pointing/motioning for Pietro to take the Draisaitl, but Pietro didnt read the play Faulk was trying to make and the result was not pretty.

It's kind of hard to tell from those angles ^^^ but it was pretty clear that Faulk was pointing at Draisaitl and trying to direct Pietro from the replay on the Blues broadcast. Poor communication between those two.

Reactions: Blueston

2018-19 Cup Champs!
Sponsor
Mar 22, 2012
Oilers are not a bad team. You need to respect other teams. They have 2 of the best players in the world and having been good this year and are only going to get better
The Oilers are really bad :laugh: I do not respect a team with 2 good players and then a ton of waiver fodder. Blues would probably sweep them in a playoff series. They have no depth, terrible goaltending, and average defense. They’re bad.

Zizzle

Oct 29, 2019
If Edmonton didnt have Draisaitl we would have won this game.
Faulk and Petro are both more offense minded. As is Dunn. It would be nice to also split up colt and JBo. That way there is 1 offensive and 1 defense player.

simon IC

Sponsor
Sep 8, 2007
Canada
Basically from the offensive blueline, Faulk starts skating directly at the puck carrier Yamamoto. He had the angle on him and was trying to attack the puck carrier and force him into the boards. Faulk was pointing/motioning for Pietro to take the Draisaitl, but Pietro didnt read the play Faulk was trying to make and the result was not pretty.

It's kind of hard to tell from those angles ^^^ but it was pretty clear that Faulk was pointing at Draisaitl and trying to direct Pietro from the replay on the Blues broadcast. Poor communication between those two.

I have watched this several times now, and I have to say I respectfully disagree with you. Faulk crosses the ice to pressure Yamamoto, yes, but Pietrangelo had already committed to the puck carrier. This left Draisaitl, (who should have been Faulk's assignment) uncovered. Faulk tries to get to get back, but is too late and ends up chasing Draisaitl. Yes, it was poor communication, but it was a poor decision on Faulk's part in the first place to switch sides and pressure Yamamoto. Faulk was trying to do it all himself, and it caused a goal.

simon IC

Sponsor
Sep 8, 2007
Canada
The Oilers are really bad :laugh: I do not respect a team with 2 good players and then a ton of waiver fodder. Blues would probably sweep them in a playoff series. They have no depth, terrible goaltending, and average defense. They’re bad.
I think that is a bit overstated. They have some roster flaws, but generally they are a good team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad