GDT: Defending Stanley Cup Champs St. Louis Blues vs. Dallas |First "Big" Game of the Season?|

Status
Not open for further replies.

DoubleK81

It's always something with these pricks.
Sep 10, 2010
PETRO SUCKS
The Blues really need a disclaimer before their NHL TV highlights ATTN: THIS IS WITHOUT TARASENKO. Prepare for you playoff villages to burn
As much as I would love to say this, you do remember that almost everyone thought he was done and wanted him to be traded 3 months after his previous surgery while he put everything together, right? This time won't be any different. Don't expect Tarasenko to make this big difference until next season.

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014
As much as I would love to say this, you do remember that almost everyone thought he was done and wanted him to be traded 3 months after his previous surgery while he put everything together, right? This time won't be any different. Don't expect Tarasenko to make this big difference until next season.
Vladi did have trouble scoring, to the point his shot visibly was weaker, but he still could set guys up and generally was effective, I'd expect no different this time. I will say we have seen him take some shots in video clips, his shot looks normal but.....that's not a game situation though.

Klank Loves You

Feb 21, 2015
Vladi did have trouble scoring, to the point his shot visibly was weaker, but he still could set guys up and generally was effective, I'd expect no different this time. I will say we have seen him take some shots in video clips, his shot looks normal but.....that's not a game situation though.

Im thinking of Vladdy as a 3rd liner when he comes back. Him and Thomas together will feast on easy match-ups.

BluesBrother

Sep 22, 2009
Finland
"I think it's a good learning point that we have work to do," Stars forward Jamie Benn said. "There's a lot of areas of our game that we need to keep getting better at. They're the best. Right now, we're not as good as them, so we have work to do."

When Blues play like this, I think there is no team in west to beat the Blues in best of seven series. of course anything can happen, but these last 4-5 games have shown that this team is very deep, and I bet not many teams want to face us in the po’s..

Reactions: teravaineSAROS

TaffyPool

Mar 8, 2019
Re: Tarasenko’s return, I’m worried too. I don’t expect a quick return to form, but we need him the playoffs and he’ll need the 10 games or so to get up to speed. Don’t know which line will work best for him, but I kind of want him on a line with a hitter (Schenn, Blais, as examples) if for no other reason to protect him from shoulder shots as he works his way back in.

TheDizee

Trade Jordan Kyrou ASAP | ALWAYS RIGHT
Apr 5, 2014
scandella is better than jbo

if jbo can return this season, defense is gonna be a monster.

Ranksu

Crotch Academy ftw
Sponsor
Apr 28, 2014
Lapland

I think Jbo's career was this.

I don't agree Scandella is better than Jbo. I still saw in his game that he's slow almost level like Gunnar. His box out play is maybe the best of our top6 and biased opinion like Mikkola. Scandella knows how to close cap and look in good rhythm with Parayko when they are backing up and facing 2vs2 or 2vs1 situation. I like Scandella is playing heavy minutes on PK ~3min, but jeesus Bortuzzo played 5min at PK :laugh:

Faulk had 2min at PK, but that will be out when Pietro is back.

In side note that I would like to see Kyrou play powerplay minutes too. Him and Thomas could really work well at powerplay, cyckle the puck etc.

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014

I think he's better then Jbo this year, I'm guessing that's what you meant.

Scandella can't skate like Boumeester. Which isn't saying much because Bo was one of the best skaters we've see, but Marco can skate well. I'm going to really like the added physical nature of him. I think that will elevate Parayko's physical play too.

Mike Liut

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 12, 2008
Scandella is exactly what we needed. Very good defensive defender, pretty physical and good penalty killer. Nice shot too. I actually hope we extend him a few more years.

BadgersandBlues

Jun 6, 2011
Scandella has fit like a glove so far. Pretty fun game to watch. Panger is such a gem, that line about De Niro told me never to name drop had me rolling.

ChuckLefley

Jan 5, 2016
Even if his shot isn’t as lethal other teams have to respect him. That means another line or another player on his line, isn’t getting the defensive attention that they might get otherwise. Just having him in the lineup changes everything.

Reactions: fishsandwichpatrol

execwrite1

Mar 30, 2018
The Blues are playing their best hockey at the right time of the season. Seeing Blais reverse hit Benn and knock him on his ass is a replay that never gets old.

You have to think Tarasenko is close to returning with him traveling with the team.

The Thomas to Kyrou goal is a glimpse into the future of the organization. Kyrou played under 10 minutes but was noticeable all night. His confidence is growing and it’s fun to see.

The forwards as a group are just doing a great job of coming back into the play defensively. It makes a huge difference.

I really thought how loud the Dallas fans were when Dallas scored was comical. If I was at a Blues game and they scored their 1st goal with 3 minutes left to cut the deficit to 4, the last thing I’m doing is jumping up and cheering.

Hopefully add Kostin into the mix next season and the forward depth for the next few years is scary good.

Itsnotatrap

Oct 6, 2013
Re: Tarasenko’s return, I’m worried too. I don’t expect a quick return to form, but we need him the playoffs and he’ll need the 10 games or so to get up to speed. Don’t know which line will work best for him, but I kind of want him on a line with a hitter (Schenn, Blais, as examples) if for no other reason to protect him from shoulder shots as he works his way back in.

I like the idea of Schenn-Schwartz, O’Reilly-Perron, and Thomas-Tarasenko pairings, And round out the wings on matchups.

Ranksu

Crotch Academy ftw
Sponsor
Apr 28, 2014
Lapland
Habs and Wild fans has written and warn us IF Scandella gets too much icetime his true level will BE revealed. So keeping him limited icetime should be good. I dont how that will manage to do if he's paired with Parayko who's playing heavy minutes. Only where we dont see Scandella is powerplay.

Stlblue50

Apr 17, 2019
I was thinking that the Blues needed to add more grit/physicality to our d core BEFORE we traded Eddy for Faulk. So assuming this is not Scandella playing more physical than normal because he just joined a new team, then that part will very much be needed.

I won’t get into the Jaybo comparisons. Colt and Jaybo were unbelievable together in last year’s playoffs. They were our top shutdown pair that got all of the other team’s 1st lines. We can’t replace that but this appears to be a great pickup considering the circumstance!

Stlblue50

Apr 17, 2019
I like the idea of Schenn-Schwartz, O’Reilly-Perron, and Thomas-Tarasenko pairings, And round out the wings on matchups.
The only thing I know is that Thomas is too damn good to not be playing with at least 1 top six winger. He showed flashes last season and really shined in the playoffs with bottom 6 linemates.

But somewhere around December this season, wow he has taken off....what a player

Itsnotatrap

Oct 6, 2013
The only thing I know is that Thomas is too damn good to not be playing with at least 1 top six winger. He showed flashes last season and really shined in the playoffs with bottom 6 linemates.

But somewhere around December this season, wow he has taken off....what a player

He really has a nice combination of coupling an ability to control the puck, changing directions suddenly and losing defenders, and then having the vision to get the puck on to others sticks in dangerous spots. I don’t know if Tarasenko will have anything resembling his normal ability to finish or not, but Thomas makes 3rd liners legit dangerous. It would be a matchup nightmare, and there is zero chance teams will not respect Tarasenko with their shutdown players. We are already going to roll 4 lines and try to wear teams out over 7 game series anyway, so that’s the way I’d play it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->