GDT: Defending Stanley Cup Champs St. Louis Blues vs. Chicago |You Again?|

Status
Not open for further replies.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
You're right. That does sound sexist.
I think the more legitimate problem is NBC doing them a disservice. While I can see the point of doing what they did, I don't think they set them up for success very well. My family made the comment that they were very quiet, I don't think they know the right level to project their voice at to go over the increased crowd volume that they are used to. Coyne Schofield was in the pressbox last year and wasn't ready for it, so they moved her down to ice level.

If they really want women to be successful in the pressbox for play by play or analysts, they need to make sure they are prepared because it isn't an easy job. I do think it was better than previous times. The ones that are good enough for the job need experience. And I think you can sell the public better on the national stage when they get more experience on a non-national level.

I didn't really have an issue for the quality of the content, but I did have to almost double the volume on my speakers.

Last edited:

TK 421

Barbashev eats babies pass it on
Sep 12, 2007
I couldn't resist. Notice the coach on the bench

Dunn vs Gabriel

Wait...Dunn can be Daigoro from Lone Wolf and Cub. And Bortuzzo can be his father, wandering ronin Itto Ogami. They travel together and one of the names people call Ogami is the 'Baby Cart Assassin'. Now we just need a Lone Wolf and Cub cover and some photoshop skills I do not possess and we're in business.

Bluesnatic27

Aug 5, 2011
I think the more legitimate problem is NBC doing them a disservice. While I can see the point of doing what they did, I don't think they set them up for success very well. My family made the comment that they were very quiet, I don't think they know the right level to project their voice at to go over the increased crowd volume that they are used to. Coyne Schofield was in the pressbox last year and wasn't ready for it, so they moved her down to ice level.

If they really want women to be successful in the pressbox for play by play or analysts, they need to make sure they are prepared because it isn't an easy job. I do think it was better than previous times. The ones that are good enough for the job need experience. And I think you can sell the public better on the national stage when they get more experience on a non-national level.

I didn't really have an issue for the quality of the content, but I did have to almost double the volume on my speakers.
Yeah this was something akin to my thoughts as well, but more-so on just having the right experience.

This is one of the first situations of this occurring, but I don't know how practiced the women were for the task they had. Not to say they didn't know what they were doing, but rather needed experience on the scale they were given. Being handed the reigns to a national broadcast that will be present on all NBC channels across the country is a very overwhelming situation to be handed. I'm sure once they do more and more broadcasts at this level, then things will be very smooth. It was a first run and of course things will always be better afterwards because of the experience.

I guess a better way to describe my thoughts would be something like being an aircraft pilot. One could know all the measurements needed and controls in order to fly a plane, but to go from smaller aircraft to bigger aircraft will always have a learning curve with a lot of nuances involved that will only ever be learned by doing. I hope they keep doing as well, if for no other reason then to have different voices in the booth. I might be the only one, but I'm growing tired of hearing one of Doc, Albert, and Miller any time an NBC game is on. Although I will gladly keep Forslund.

Last edited:
Reactions: bleedblue1223

Ranksu

Crotch Academy ftw
Sponsor
Apr 28, 2014
Lapland
I'm fine with womens at ring side doing some inside news like Blues own Erica Weston, but if they come in broadcast they need to master it. If there anything like nagging sound of women it goes mute.

Reactions: Kreegz2

Robb_K

Apr 26, 2007
NordHolandNethrlands
Watching game afterwards. OUr d-core look have much dynamic chemistry and sharp without Faulk. Robby B had great game. over 4min at PK and quite frankly our PK looked much better without weak piece Faulk.

Watching our d-core icetime and compare it.

0/4 to Chicago.

most TOI/PK by Dmen
Scandella 4:59
Bortuzzo 4:47
Gunnarson 2:38
Pietrangelo 2:35
Parayko 1:01

Scandell - Bortuzzo pair looked frigging good at PK together. If our Pk has been bit bad this season today it looked sharp as hell. Small difference could it be difference maker, hopefully coaching staff sees this and noting when Faulk is back and forced to play. Limited his icetime at PK and play only sheltered minutes at o-zone starts. Imo he should be at powerplay. Its in my eyes coaching failure to not work it that well you cant use that lethal weapon at blueline or left circle.

Code:
Gunnar (17:37) - Pietro  (24:55)
Scandella (24:33) -  Parayko (23:15)
Dunn (13:41) - Bortuzzo (13:!5)

Allen played monster game. Couple game savers. He's clearly in different level when he's back-up goaltender. Crazy how much it has to do with mental thing how he performs. Skill is there, but too soft head.

3rw10x.jpg

Btw, First time in Blues franchise history we sweep Chicago in regular season. Camaan! :bb:

I missed the game live, too. First time I've missed ALL of a game live in a lot of years. I missed 2/3 of 2 games for family parties in Winnipeg, and 1 period 2 times when in The Netherlands and Denmark, sleeping through my alarm. But I just finished watching this one delayed. The Blues played a nice smothering game. I liked seeing Thomas continuing to improve, and Scandella to continue to play well. Allen played very well, too. I'm up for The Blues game with Florida in one more hour. A double header!!! :laugh:

Reactions: Stupendous Yappi
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad