GDT: Defending Stanley Cup Champs St. Louis Blues vs. Chicago |You Again?|

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stupendous Yappi

Any famous last words? Not yet!
Sponsor
Aug 23, 2018
Erwin, TN
Honestly can someone tell me if Sundqvist's "hit" is legal or not. Like the play is so weird and sure maybe he should look for where his hand goes, but he's literally flying up in the air trying to stop by using the boards and he threw his arm in Boqvist's direction. The butt end of his stick nailed him in the face incidentally, so I'm not even sure if that's a penalty or not.
I thought since Sundqvist was trying to make a play on the puck during the play, he should get the benefit of the doubt. But I didn’t have a problem with the penalty.

‘Chicago has a lot of young guys in the lineup right now. I’d be pissed if one of our young players got injured too. But I didn’t think it was intentional. The Blues kind of manhandled Chicago in general.

Blueston

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2016
Houston, TX
We do. And every channel is playing wonder woman....

Could you pick a WORSE movie? The girl with the dragon tattoo is light years better. But no, they pump the Gal Vidal bull down our throats.
Dragon tattoo is good but it ain’t exactly family friendly movie.

ezcreepin

Dec 5, 2016
I thought since Sundqvist was trying to make a play on the puck during the play, he should get the benefit of the doubt. But I didn’t have a problem with the penalty.

‘Chicago has a lot of young guys in the lineup right now. I’d be pissed if one of our young players got injured too. But I didn’t think it was intentional. The Blues kind of manhandled Chicago in general.
I mean I guess, but let's say the butt end doesn't hit Boqvist in the face, but Sunny's hand still inadvertently hits him. Does he still get a penalty there? We know that following through a shot should not result in a penalty, so does following through with your stick on an awkward hit also not result in a penalty? I'm trying to understand how the refs called this play, because it isn't apparent to me that any of this is actually deserving of a penalty, even if a young player was injured. It would be like me asking for the players who hit Fabbri (or who he hit) to get a penalty on the play even if their play was legal and within the rules.

Reactions: Stupendous Yappi

Joshuar56

Apr 11, 2019
Looking at the hawks GDT... those are some angry little dudes... and I thought sharks fans were bad. :rolleyes:

Frenzy31

May 21, 2003
As much as this will sound sexist, I can’t stand female announcers. I had to turn down the volume and listen to the radio which was 30 seconds ahead of the play.

Reactions: TheRarestDangles

Ranksu

Crotch Academy ftw
Sponsor
Apr 28, 2014
Lapland
Watching game afterwards. OUr d-core look have much dynamic chemistry and sharp without Faulk. Robby B had great game. over 4min at PK and quite frankly our PK looked much better without weak piece Faulk.

Watching our d-core icetime and compare it.

0/4 to Chicago.

most TOI/PK by Dmen
Scandella 4:59
Bortuzzo 4:47
Gunnarson 2:38
Pietrangelo 2:35
Parayko 1:01

Scandell - Bortuzzo pair looked frigging good at PK together. If our Pk has been bit bad this season today it looked sharp as hell. Small difference could it be difference maker, hopefully coaching staff sees this and noting when Faulk is back and forced to play. Limited his icetime at PK and play only sheltered minutes at o-zone starts. Imo he should be at powerplay. Its in my eyes coaching failure to not work it that well you cant use that lethal weapon at blueline or left circle.

Code:
Gunnar (17:37) - Pietro  (24:55)
Scandella (24:33) -  Parayko (23:15)
Dunn (13:41) - Bortuzzo (13:!5)

Allen played monster game. Couple game savers. He's clearly in different level when he's back-up goaltender. Crazy how much it has to do with mental thing how he performs. Skill is there, but too soft head.

3rw10x.jpg

Btw, First time in Blues franchise history we sweep Chicago in regular season. Camaan! :bb:

simon IC

Sponsor
Sep 8, 2007
Canada
He missed games against 2 bottom dwellers. And we were terrible in first game. So no, wouldn’t say our D looks better without Faulk.
I agree our D is not necessarily better without Faulk. We could use his skill on the PP, and in the transition game both on the PP and at even strength. However, after reviewing tonight's game and the NJ game, I will say that our PK absolutely looked better without him.

2018-19 Cup Champs!
Sponsor
Mar 22, 2012
Chicago’s PP is the second worst in the league and New Jersey’s is bottom ten as well(and the PK didn’t look great there even though they weren’t scored on). Good thing Bortz held it down though and didn’t let a pass go right through his partner’s legs or off his partner’s ass and into the net. He mind controls the entire team on the PK and makes sure nothing bad happens.

simon IC

Sponsor
Sep 8, 2007
Canada
Chicago’s PP is the second worst in the league and New Jersey’s is bottom ten as well(and the PK didn’t look great there even though they weren’t scored on). Good thing Bortz held it down though and didn’t let a pass go right through his partner’s legs or off his partner’s ass and into the net. He mind controls the entire team on the PK and makes sure nothing bad happens.
Absolutely:sarcasm:. And if we had Justin Faulk out there with his light saber we could have had at least 4 shorties.

Last edited:

TK 421

Barbashev eats babies pass it on
Sep 12, 2007
Chicago fans acting pompous about “dirty” hits while Duncan Keith still suits up for that team is about as rich as Boston fans whining last year (and this year, and presumably forever).

Read though their GDT, funny stuff. Apparently the Blues and their fans are 'trashy' low class individuals. Ironic follow up has someone suggesting the 106 year old lady Blues fan be checked into the 3rd row, nice.

Reality Czech

Apr 17, 2017
Read though their GDT, funny stuff. Apparently the Blues and their fans are 'trashy' low class individuals. Ironic follow up has someone suggesting the 106 year old lady Blues fan be checked into the 3rd row, nice.

They have to lash out to distract themselves from the fact that their team sucks. It's a defense mechanism. No one ever accused Hawks fans of being classy, that's for sure.

Is it time to admit that Jake Allen has been the better Blues goaltender for the majority of this season?

mw2noobbuster

Jun 28, 2016
Alberta, Canada
Allen has the better numbers this season but time and time again has shown that if Allen plays an extended time in goal he melts down. Very happy with Allen's performance as a backup this season but Binny is definitely the guy going forward.

MissouriMook

Still just a Mook among men
Sponsor
Jul 4, 2014
The thread on the main board is pretty telling. Probably 90% of the "intentional, dirty hit" comments are coming from 3 predictable fan bases - Chicago, San Jose and Boston. For the most part, outside of those fan bases, the other posters seem to acknowledge the play for what it was - failure to control his stick resulting in a 2 minute penalty.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->