GDT: Defending Stanley Cup Champs St. Louis Blues vs. Buffalo boys | cancer free zone?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oberyn

Prince of Dorne
Mar 27, 2011
Mikkola looked solid, but he's definitely not displacing Dunn anytime soon unless the latter gets dealt. I think Gunnarsson is on his last legs and this will be his last contract, at least with the Blues. Opens up a spot for any of Mikkola, Walman, or even Perunovich.

Also, gotta feel for Reinke. Solid stats in the AHL, but he was 4th on the depth chart behind Pietrangelo, Parayko, and Bortuzzo prior to the season starting. Then we add Faulk and now you wonder when he'll get his shot on the big club.

Brian39

Apr 24, 2014
I think Chief sent Kyrou to bed early
I hope he doesn't sit in the press box for it, but having goals called off in back-to-back games due to a lazy drag of his back skate is a decent reason for a cut in ice time. He could have stayed onside without impacting either of those plays and you'd hope that a rookie would be extra careful about his back skate staying on the ice the game after he jumped the gun and had a goal called back.

Again, I hope this doesn't impact his ice time moving forward, but I'm fine with Berube sending a message via ice time once the game had been decided.

Ranksu

Crotch Academy ftw
Sponsor
Apr 28, 2014
Lapland
When Blais is back Sanford need to be odd man out.

Code:
Schwartz - Schenn - Kyrou
Blais - ROR - Perron
Steen - Bozak - Thomas
MacMac - Barbashev - Sundqvist

and when Tarasenko is back

Code:
Schwartz - Schenn - Tarasenko
Blais - ROR - Perron
Steen - Bozak - Thomas

More I think Kyrou might not be right guy for bottom 6 role when we head in the playoffs, so its pretty easy to say Steen is ahead of Kyrou.

Only thing what I would like to see is MacMac playing with ROR - Perron how he would fit with them and how much it would help ROR - Perron.

Its screams that ROR - Perron line needs speed. + MacMac has shown he is good at boards and can possession the puck and is really good 1on1 battles.

TheGoldenGod

5 Star Man
Nov 8, 2017
Mikkola looked solid, but he's definitely not displacing Dunn anytime soon unless the latter gets dealt. I think Gunnarsson is on his last legs and this will be his last contract, at least with the Blues. Opens up a spot for any of Mikkola, Walman, or even Perunovich.

Also, gotta feel for Reinke. Solid stats in the AHL, but he was 4th on the depth chart behind Pietrangelo, Parayko, and Bortuzzo prior to the season starting. Then we add Faulk and now you wonder when he'll get his shot on the big club.
Ya I didn't mean it in the sense of displacing in the lineup - I honestly think there is a chance Dunn could be moved. If they are dead set on paying Petro, Dunn could very well be a casualty of that. :dunno:

Last edited:

Lord Helix

Nov 12, 2010
funny how hockey works. the goal line is a plane but the blue line is not. k.

Don't even get me started on the floating blue line....

I’ve always argued that the actual wording of the rule doesn’t require contact if it is behind the blue line. Rule reads the “player is on-side when either of his skates are in contact with, or on his own side of the line, at the instant the puck completely crosses the leading edge of the blue line”. The use of “or” means if either part of the statement is met the player isn’t offsides. So if either of his skates is on his side of the blue line, technically contact isn’t required as the rule is written. The rule is very poorly constructed grammatically. Hockey players always tell me it’s always been the skate must be on the ice but the actual wording of the rule doesn’t say that.

What if the puck is in air when crossing the blue line?

Checkmate, NHL rule makers.

Stupendous Yappi

Any famous last words? Not yet!
Sponsor
Aug 23, 2018
Erwin, TN
Bob Lazar’s story is extremely interesting to me, I believe that dude.
Well, supposedly some of his objective claims are verifiably false. For example, he doesn’t hold degrees for the schools he claimed to: MIT and CalTech. These are public record discrepancies. Makes it harder to take anything else he said seriously.

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011

I mean, aren’t the reports from the AHL that Reinke isn’t very good defensively?

And the NHL is a huge step up. He’d probably be a massive liability if we’re being honest. There’s no rush to get him here.

shpongle falls

Ass Möde
Oct 1, 2014
The Night Train
Well, supposedly some of his objective claims are verifiably false. For example, he doesn’t hold degrees for the schools he claimed to: MIT and CalTech. These are public record discrepancies. Makes it harder to take anything else he said seriously.
I've been absolutely obsessed with the UFO topic since I was a teenager and having said that I thought Lazar was full of **** when I first heard about him. Mostly because of the research of Stanton Friedman who contacted the schools Lazar claimed he went to and they said they've never heard of him. So I wrote Lazar off for years, it wasn't until about a year ago I re-visited his claims and really dug deep and researched every little thing down to the last detail, it's hard to believe his story until you do.

Here's the thing with Lazar, it's proven he was a physicist that worked at both Los Alamos National Labs and Sandia National Labs working mostly with nuclear weapons research, which is highly classified and requires a "Q" clearance, which Lazar had. Investigative reporter for KLAS news George Knapp went with Lazar to Los Alamos and Lazar knew exactly where everything was and they met with people he used to work with there and Knapp brought a camera crew and filmed the whole thing.
Also there's a former Los Alamos employee named Dr. Robert Krangle, who's a physicist with a PHD from MIT, who recently went on record now that he's retired, and said that he distinctly remembered Lazar there working as a physicist at Los Alamos at the same time Lazar claimed he worked there, because he was in the same security meetings with Robert Krangle. Also Lazar's name was in a 1982 phonebook that listed all the scientists working there at the time, and he was on the front page of an edition of the Los Alamos Monitor newspaper for the jet engine he installed a Honda Civic.

How in the hell does someone get that job with only a high school education? Wouldn't you think Los Alamos does a thorough back ground check on someone that going to be researching nuclear weapons with the highest security clearance a civilian scientist can have? Also we know for a fact he worked there as a scientist yet his employment record there is wiped clean, that should tell you right there that something is going on. Although if Lazar went to MIT and CalTech where the hell are his physical copies of his degrees? It doesn't make sense and I totally understand people's skepticism when it comes to him though. Something must have happened though.

Lazar could describe in detail what the inside of Area 51 looked like, he knew that to get to Area 51 you would drive to McCaren Airport and fly into Area 51 using the Janet Flights, he knew about the school buses with blacked out windows that would take employees to sub bases of Area 51. He knew there was a classified military facility called S4 and described it in detail, he knew about the hand scanner technology to get into S4 which again is only used in classified projects of the military at that time. How could he have known about all this if he wasn't actually there? I mean it just goes on and on. He knew there was a guy named Mike Thigpen from the OFI (Office of Federal Investigations) that handled his security clearance to work at Area 51.

I'm only scratching the surface here and could go on and on and on lol. But you get the idea. People can disagree with me here and that's totally fine but I'm convinced that Lazar is telling the truth, as crazy as it may sound.

Borderbluesfan

Nov 14, 2011
Columbia, Missouri
I've been absolutely obsessed with the UFO topic since I was a teenager and having said that I thought Lazar was full of **** when I first heard about him. Mostly because of the research of Stanton Friedman who contacted the schools Lazar claimed he went to and they said they've never heard of him. So I wrote Lazar off for years, it wasn't until about a year ago I re-visited his claims and really dug deep and researched every little thing down to the last detail, it's hard to believe his story until you do.

Here's the thing with Lazar, it's proven he was a physicist that worked at both Los Alamos National Labs and Sandia National Labs working mostly with nuclear weapons research, which is highly classified and requires a "Q" clearance, which Lazar had. Investigative reporter for KLAS news George Knapp went with Lazar to Los Alamos and Lazar knew exactly where everything was and they met with people he used to work with there and Knapp brought a camera crew and filmed the whole thing.
Also there's a former Los Alamos employee named Dr. Robert Krangle, who's a physicist with a PHD from MIT, who recently went on record now that he's retired, and said that he distinctly remembered Lazar there working as a physicist at Los Alamos at the same time Lazar claimed he worked there, because he was in the same security meetings with Robert Krangle. Also Lazar's name was in a 1982 phonebook that listed all the scientists working there at the time, and he was on the front page of an edition of the Los Alamos Monitor newspaper for the jet engine he installed a Honda Civic.

How in the hell does someone get that job with only a high school education? Wouldn't you think Los Alamos does a thorough back ground check on someone that going to be researching nuclear weapons with the highest security clearance a civilian scientist can have? Also we know for a fact he worked there as a scientist yet his employment record there is wiped clean, that should tell you right there that something is going on. Although if Lazar went to MIT and CalTech where the hell are his physical copies of his degrees? It doesn't make sense and I totally understand people's skepticism when it comes to him though. Something must have happened though.

Lazar could describe in detail what the inside of Area 51 looked like, he knew that to get to Area 51 you would drive to McCaren Airport and fly into Area 51 using the Janet Flights, he knew about the school buses with blacked out windows that would take employees to sub bases of Area 51. He knew there was a classified military facility called S4 and described it in detail, he knew about the hand scanner technology to get into S4 which again is only used in classified projects of the military at that time. How could he have known about all this if he wasn't actually there? I mean it just goes on and on. He knew there was a guy named Mike Thigpen from the OFI (Office of Federal Investigations) that handled his security clearance to work at Area 51.

I'm only scratching the surface here and could go on and on and on lol. But you get the idea. People can disagree with me here and that's totally fine but I'm convinced that Lazar is telling the truth, as crazy as it may sound.
I like this, heck someone I used to work with in Alaska always listened to Art Bell, the original host of “Coast to Coast”. AM radio all night broadcast. I think the current host is actually in St. Louis!!!!

TaffyPool

Mar 8, 2019
I like this, heck someone I used to work with in Alaska always listened to Art Bell, the original host of “Coast to Coast”. AM radio all night broadcast. I think the current host is actually in St. Louis!!!!
Holy crap — I totally forgot about the late night Coast to Coast. Many a night driving home alone through southern Illinois listening to him and the guests/callers. Man, memories...

i aint Dunn yet

Apr 13, 2015
Dominating win.

Even Steen is racking up the points. Who’dda thunk it. That line has some serious chemistry. I mean you can basically put anyone with Thomas and Bozak but nice to see Steen contributing and holding a spot in the lineup. If there’s any question between him and DLR, that should be slammed shut.

Now if only we could replace Sanford ASAP. Come back soon, Blaiser!

i still like de la roses game though ... he is perfect in a 4th line role .. move mac mac up and take out the junkman i agree

ChillWill1

Nov 28, 2017
When Blais is back Sanford need to be odd man out.

Code:
Schwartz - Schenn - Kyrou
Blais - ROR - Perron
Steen - Bozak - Thomas

and when Tarasenko is back

Code:
Schwartz - Schenn - Tarasenko
Blais - ROR - Perron
Steen - Bozak - Thomas

More I think Kyrou might not be right guy for bottom 6 role when we head in the playoffs, so its pretty easy to say Steen is ahead of Kyrou.

Only thing what I would like to see is MacMac playing with ROR - Perron how he would fit with them and how much it would help ROR - Perron.

Its screams that ROR - Perron line needs speed. + MacMac has shown he is good at boards and can possession the puck and is really good 1on1 battles.
If we’re lucky enough to get Vova back then I would love to see Thomas center him.

Schwartz - Thomas - Tank
Perron - ROR - Schenn
Steen - Bozak - Blais/Kyrou
MacMac/Blais/Kyrou - Barby - Sunny

DatDude44

Hmmmm?
Feb 23, 2012
If we’re lucky enough to get Vova back then I would love to see Thomas center him.

Schwartz - Thomas - Tank
Perron - ROR - Schenn
Steen - Bozak - Blais/Kyrou
MacMac/Blais/Kyrou - Barby - Sunny

Call me crazy but what if we did something like:
Schwartz-Schenn-Sunny
Blais-ROR-Perron
Bozak-Thomas-Tarasenko
Barbs-DLR-Steen/MacMac

my thought is three lines that can score and create matchup hell. I think bozak is smart enough to be fine on LW and obviously in the O-Z positions don’t matter it’s F1,F2,F3 obviously.

and if things aren’t working out u can always flip Sunny and Tarasenko

Reactions: ChillWill1
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad