GDT: Defending Stanley Cup Champs St. Louis Blues vs. Arizona |Something Marco This Way Comes|

Status
Not open for further replies.

cardinalnation

Mar 4, 2012
One of the best wins of the year if you ask me. With the way they have played the last few weeks and the thing with JBo it is nice to beat a team that has caused them so much trouble lately. This was a potential "trap" game with the huge Dallas game tomorrow and I thought the Blues beat them soundly this time. Could have easily been 5-0.

Chet Manly

Feb 25, 2015
Saint Louis
One of the best wins of the year if you ask me. With the way they have played the last few weeks and the thing with JBo it is nice to beat a team that has caused them so much trouble lately. This was a potential "trap" game and I thought the Blues beat them soundly this time. Could have easily been 5-0.
8-0 at least. Raanty pants was unbelievable

Reactions: cardinalnation

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
What a lopsided game lol. Thank the lord we finally buried one. The 4th line itself had a million scoring chances.

Reactions: shmotz

2018-19 Cup Champs!
Sponsor
Mar 22, 2012
Excellent win. Pretty much dominated from start to finish. I think that was Kyrou’s best game as an NHLer. Really made several great plays and played well in the couple of instances his line was in the defensive zone. We’re still struggling to score, but if we keep getting all of these chances they’re going to start going in a lot more often.

Reactions: Stupendous Yappi

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014
Scandella has freed Faulk from the left side.

I hope Faulk now relaxes and plays better.

Did we finally find a d-man to play with Colt???

And I wanna see what happens with faulk relaxing and not being forced into the left d-man role. Let's revisit this next Friday
we did have Gunnarsson/Boumeester/Dunn playing at the same time with Faulk on the 3rd pairing right side. Same results, a guy that can make some good plays at time but is largely redundant and doesn't deserve to take minutes from Pietrangelo or Parayko. That's why he was pushed to the top 4 on the left side, to get more minutes.

Stopsight

Oct 9, 2013
Hawaii
Advanced stat people will be liking blues again, natural stat trick has them at 75% xGF last two games. Hopefully they keep it going for a while. Scandella looked good, out of position a couple times but recovered well

Meatball

2018-19 Stanley Cup Champions! :3
Jul 1, 2014
St. Louis

This team with a healthy Tarasenko come playoff time?

:rant: :soap: :yo: :party: :propeller
idiot-sanders-fraud-ncsQI9sF3pa8w

Last edited:

DoubleK81

It's always something with these pricks.
Sep 10, 2010
PETRO SUCKS
I'm not going to say he replaces him because he's not on the same level by any means (nor do I WANT this to happen), but i'm going to laugh in everyone's face when Petro walks this summer, and we have Faulk to fall back on as someone who will step in on the PP and #2RD role as Parayko moves to #1D. I'll put an avatar or $ bet up on this happening.

Robb_K

Apr 26, 2007
NordHolandNethrlands
Only 1 game so far but Scandella really fit's in well with the Blues, he was good tonight. Great GDT title btw lol.
Yes. He played well, and looked like he fit right in. I loved to see him throw his weight around. He wasn't able to play his real game in Buffalo because he had to try to cover up for his weak-defending partners there. What we saw when he was with The Wild is more his real game. And that fits in well with The Blues' game. And he's also a team player. I didn't like giving up a 2nd for him. But, at this time of year, you have to overpay when your bidding against other teams who also need to fill in for injured players.

I don't think Mikkola was enough of a reserve. If another LD gets injured during the playoffs, we'd be in bad shape with just Borgman and Pouliot to come in. Pouliot is a BIG dropoff. I think Scandella fits in a LOT better, and Mikkola coming in rather than Borgman for any playoff fill-in is also much better. I also don't want The Blues to need to overplay Bortuzzo down the stretch, or, especially in the playoffs. I feel much better about the Boumeester situation's effect on The Blues' play, now. We just have to hope that Bill Armstrong's team does more of their fabulous work, especially this draft.

Stupendous Yappi

Any famous last words? Not yet!
Sponsor
Aug 23, 2018
Erwin, TN
- Scandella is veteran enough that he just jumped in and confidently played his game. I think the familiarity with Van Ryn is going to really pay off. I also think Armstrong and the scouts correctly identified the type of player they needed to acquire.

- When did Thomas turn into such an amazing skater? He’s taken it up a notch.

- Kyrou is in a good situation on the line with Steen and Bozak. They’ll teach him to work and be responsible, but also skilled enough to keep possession and generate chances. He’s making strides lately. However, he probably sits at least some of the time when Tarasenko returns.

- I think Faulk is a lot better as the 3rd RD. He and Dunn may turn into a pretty exciting pairing, functioning well when getting some protected minutes. Scandella and Parayko will still do the heavy lifting for shut-down situations. Can Gunnarsson last on the top pairing with Pietro? I’m skeptical, but it sure helps to balance the lineup if he can.

- Imrealize these lines won’t be permanent, but I like them a lot right now.

Blueston

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2016
Houston, TX
- Scandella is veteran enough that he just jumped in and confidently played his game. I think the familiarity with Van Ryn is going to really pay off. I also think Armstrong and the scouts correctly identified the type of player they needed to acquire.

- When did Thomas turn into such an amazing skater? He’s taken it up a notch.

- Kyrou is in a good situation on the line with Steen and Bozak. They’ll teach him to work and be responsible, but also skilled enough to keep possession and generate chances. He’s making strides lately. However, he probably sits at least some of the time when Tarasenko returns.

- I think Faulk is a lot better as the 3rd RD. He and Dunn may turn into a pretty exciting pairing, functioning well when getting some protected minutes. Scandella and Parayko will still do the heavy lifting for shut-down situations. Can Gunnarsson last on the top pairing with Pietro? I’m skeptical, but it sure helps to balance the lineup if he can.

- Imrealize these lines won’t be permanent, but I like them a lot right now.
I figured transition for Scandella would be easier than Faulk; he has been traded twice before, including this season. Plus he plays simpler game.

Reactions: shmotz

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014
I'm not going to say he replaces him because he's not on the same level by any means (nor do I WANT this to happen), but i'm going to laugh in everyone's face when Petro walks this summer, and we have Faulk to fall back on as someone who will step in on the PP and #2RD role as Parayko moves to #1D. I'll put an avatar or $ bet up on this happening.
I might be missing some context here but......what? Why will you laugh when worst case scenerio happens?

Reactions: SwivelSchwartz
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad