GDT: Defending Stanley Cup Champs St. Louis Blues @ Vegas I steal your GDT's.

Status
Not open for further replies.

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
Gallant constantly whines and half the crowd was Blues fans. Vegas isn’t impressive.

AjaxManifesto

Pro sports is becoming predictable and boring
Mar 9, 2016
St. Louis
Blues are in trouble if they don't get their minds back into it.

I don't think it's physical issues (injuries, tired, etc). It's mental fatigue.

Reactions: dutchblues

Ranksu

Crotch Academy ftw
Sponsor
Apr 28, 2014
Lapland
Sanford had 8:27 and was -2, ofc 4th line MacMac and DLR were also -2, but main point is how Sanford played this game I can't see anything good to him giving to this team at this point to deserve to be ahead of Kyrou. I would rather see Brouwer play than Sanford that bad he has been.

Sanford doesn't deserve to play.

Reality Czech

Apr 17, 2017
I know it's easy to be critical, but the Blues have had similar comebacks this year. We are not immune to having it happen to us. Vegas was the hungrier team and refused to roll over and give up.

Both teams were terrible defensively, making uncharacteristic mistakes. Sure, Sanford was bad and deserves to sit again but I fail to see how Kyrou would have made a huge difference. I'd dress Brouwer next game just to get the Blues playing hard, honest hockey again. We really missed Parayko, that's for sure. I like Thomas but he can't be taking chances like that in OT. Blues were sloppy.

I think it's time to make a move for a top six guy. We can't expect our team to be as good as last year when last year's 4th line is now our 3rd line. The key to our success was having 4 lines that could be trusted in most/all situations and we don't have that right now.

Oh yeah, and it wasn't Allen's fault at all. He was one of the few Blues who did his job last night. Lay off the guy. We couldn't clear rebounds last night and that's what ultimately cost us.

Blanick

Winter is coming
Sep 20, 2011
St. Louis
Ridiculing other teams cellies when we lose is getting old, people. Get over it.

Seriously.. this!

They had a huge comeback on home ice against a team they have struggled with in their short history. Let them celebrate a little.

I feel like some of our fans are so insecure that after a loss they have to chest thump and take pot shots at the other team to make themselves feel better.

Bad losses are going to happen. There are other good hockey teams in the NHL. Take your licks and move on.

Last edited:

TK 421

Barbashev eats babies pass it on
Sep 12, 2007
Thought Walman looked really slow on his reads all night, that's a major problem at this level. Would much rather have seen Mikkola so hopefully he gets a shot if Parayko possibly misses another game. If not soon then during the stretch run somewhere to at least see where he's at vs NHL players.

Ranksu

Crotch Academy ftw
Sponsor
Apr 28, 2014
Lapland
Thought Walman looked really slow on his reads all night, that's a major problem at this level. Would much rather have seen Mikkola so hopefully he gets a shot if Parayko possibly misses another game. If not soon then during the stretch run somewhere to at least see where he's at vs NHL players.
giphy.gif

Reactions: TK 421

Reality Czech

Apr 17, 2017

Yeah Walman was playing nervous all night, just trying not to make a mistake. But he still made several. I recall one potential giveaway that luckily skipped over the Vegas player's stick. Obviously Coach was sheltering him. I agree, would rather see Mikkola.

Stupendous Yappi

Any famous last words? Not yet!
Sponsor
Aug 23, 2018
Erwin, TN
Ridiculing other teams cellies when we lose is getting old, people. Get over it.
I’m reminded of how galvanizing the wins over Tampa were last year. The team was faltering, trying to get right. That OT win on the Dad’s trip was a significant mile marker for the team, and something players referenced later as a source of confidence.

Reactions: Note Worthy
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad