GDT: Defending Stanley Cup Champs St. Louis Blues @ New Jersey |Can't Lose 'em All|

m1a2lt

Jul 13, 2009
I'm updating the tracking thread on the assumption we won't piss away a 3-0 lead against the Devils with 3:00 to play, because I need to get sleep. If things go to hell from here, blame me.

tenor.gif

Reactions: Mud the ACAS

Davimir Tarablad

Sep 16, 2015
Steen-Bozak-Kyrou has some potential as a line if Kyrou can step up and drive the line even somewhat close to how Thomas does, which he showed some flashes of tonight

Reactions: i aint Dunn yet

Robb_K

Apr 26, 2007
NordHolandNethrlands
Great shutout win. They totally dominated, and could have won 7 or 8 to 0. But wins and goals have come so hard lately, I'll take it gladly. This win may make them feel a lot better, and get them back some of their confidence. Same for Binnington. You can see the lifting of the pressure in Barbashev's face during his interview. Maybe the slump is over. Let's hope so.

m1a2lt

Jul 13, 2009
Like I said, felt this way after the Carolina domination game, though they didn’t fall apart at the end tonight. Hope they are back to the team we know.

Reactions: Bluenatic

Blanick

Winter is coming
Sep 20, 2011
St. Louis
Steen-Bozak-Kyrou has some potential as a line if Kyrou can step up and drive the line even somewhat close to how Thomas does, which he showed some flashes of tonight

I liked the new lines tonight.

Schwartz - O'Reilly - Schenn had a ton of puck possession and were moving the puck really well.
Sanford - Thomas - Perron, I thought this was actually our worst line tonight. Just really didn't see them gel. Lots of individual play.
Steen - Bozak - Kyrou, I thought Kyrou was the stand out this game creating space with his speed, need to see them together longer to see if chemistry can develop.
Blais - Sundqvist - Barbashev were all over the place, Blais fit like a glove with Sunny/Barby combo.

Bluesnatic27

Aug 5, 2011
Very nice game to watch.

Played well like on Sunday and got rewarded this time. Blais looks just as good as pre-injury. Sanford is turning things around and I'm happy to be wrong about him. I think splitting O'Reilly and Perron is a good move, so hopefully that continues. Also, thank God the defense was actually moving tonight so as to help the offense. Pietrangelo has always been doing that, but to see Parayko start to pick it up, Dunn looking to move closer to the net, and all the others trying to jump in when they can will only mean good things for the team.

Side note, I don't doubt that Jack Hughes will become a solid player in the future, but there was a reason I doubted him as a franchise talent and he has done nothing to disprove my doubt.

Reactions: i aint Dunn yet

Linkens Mastery

Conductor of the TankTown Express
Jan 15, 2014
Hyrule
Very nice game to watch.

Played well like on Sunday and got rewarded this time. Blais looks just as good as pre-injury. Sanford is turning things around and I'm happy to be wrong about him. I think splitting O'Reilly and Perron is a good move, so hopefully that continues. Also, thank God the defense was actually moving tonight so as to help the offense. Pietrangelo has always been doing that, but to see Parayko start to pick it up, Dunn looking to move closer to the net, and all the others trying to jump in when they can will only mean good things for the team.

Side note, I don't doubt that Jack Hughes will become a solid player in the future, but there was a reason I doubted him as a franchise talent and he has done nothing to disprove my doubt.
Hughes will be fine. He's in the NHL before he should be and on a bad team. He's going to be a beast in a few years.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->