GDT: Defending Stanley Cup Champs St. Louis Blues @ Avs| Starting 2020 on the Right...Note|

Status
Not open for further replies.

Moosehead1

Nov 29, 2006
Maybe you can go be buds with the people on your own board. Why is this so hard?

To be honest in large part the avs board annoys me probably as much as it’s annoying to you for me to be here.

but it’s interesting to gain insight about a blues team who’s trajectory isn’t much different than the avs. I vaguely remember a pretty decent rivalry in the mid 90’s - early 2000’s when both the blues and the avs were good teams and met in the playoffs often.

Last edited:

KingBran

Three Eyed Raven
Apr 24, 2014
Going to be pretty blunt, this board has gotten worse since we won the Cup. Over the top arrogance combined with constant bashing of other teams and their fanbases. You'd think we'd be a pretty happy chill group after having just won a Cup after 50 years of misery.
I wouldn't call it 50 years of misery at all. I have lots of great memories from being a kid / Blues fan in the 1990's.

I think people are just too sensitive and like to complain. It'a easy to do behind a keyboard.

This happens all over the internet as a whole.

Reactions: TarasenkosForearm

MissouriMook

Still just a Mook among men
Sponsor
Jul 4, 2014
I didn't think the Av's looked very good. We did more harm to ourselves than they did.
I think this is a very naïve take. I went to bed after the 2nd period, but I thought the Avs looked great last night and really took it to us for the most part. I thought that this was the second game in a row that we got "out-Bluesed" by our opponent. When a team that fast is willing to be that relentless at the point of attack and not just look for counter-attack opportunities like the Hawks teams of old, they can be a very formidable opponent. I'm not sure I believe that they could sustain that level of relentlessness for an entire series, nor do I think they could withstand our level of push-back in playoff intensity, but to say they didn't look very good reeks of sour grapes.

Reactions: IndustryLeech

Blueston

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2016
Houston, TX
I think this is a very naïve take. I went to bed after the 2nd period, but I thought the Avs looked great last night and really took it to us for the most part. I thought that this was the second game in a row that we got "out-Bluesed" by our opponent. When a team that fast is willing to be that relentless at the point of attack and not just look for counter-attack opportunities like the Hawks teams of old, they can be a very formidable opponent. I'm not sure I believe that they could sustain that level of relentlessness for an entire series, nor do I think they could withstand our level of push-back in playoff intensity, but to say they didn't look very good reeks of sour grapes.
Avs are funny team to evaluate because I think their D is overrated, their goalie unproven, and their depth of talent questionable. Landeskog and Raantanen (along with Kadri and a couple others) are good players, but I think not elite. But MacKinnon, when he is on, he is as dangerous as anyone in the league. I don't think he is as relentlessly awesome as Crosby or McJesus, but when he is dialed in he is every bit their level. So that alone makes Avs tough. But if you can contain him, they are just another team. (and yes I know I can't spell names.)

BlueOil

"well-informed"
Apr 28, 2010
I didn't think the Av's looked very good. We did more harm to ourselves than they did.
the latter may be true, but the avs hemmed the blues in their own zone pretty regularly throughout the game. the shot totals were heavily lopsided in the avs favor most of the game for that reason. that's not just the blues playing bad, that's the avs executing well too.

Majorityof1

Mar 6, 2014
Central Florida
Going to be pretty blunt, this board has gotten worse since we won the Cup. Over the top arrogance combined with constant bashing of other teams and their fanbases. You'd think we'd be a pretty happy chill group after having just won a Cup after 50 years of misery.

Definitely. You would think we would have some empathy for fans cheering for a team that wasn't quite there, or one that falls short. We know what its like. We were those fans not too long ago. So why do we attack them instead of understanding them?

The one thing I will never understand is rampant "fanboy/girl"-ism. People choose something to invest their time and interest in. I get that. But why do they then feel the need to trash everyone who chose a different thing? It happens in sports. It happens in comics with DC vs Marvel. It happens in video games with Sony v Microsoft or Sega vs Nintendo. You know what: Batman and spiderman are awesome. Sony has kick ass exclusives but Microsoft is killing it with gamepass. And people who choose to root for the Avalanche or Predators or whoever, are just people. Some good, some bad, just like people who choose to root for the Blues.

Its like half of our fans didn't want the Blues to win the cup so they could feel good; instead they wanted to win the cup so they could then try to make all other fan-bases feel bad. That is toxicity.

I wouldn't call it 50 years of misery at all. I have lots of great memories from being a kid / Blues fan in the 1990's.

I think people are just too sensitive and like to complain. It'a easy to do behind a keyboard.

This happens all over the internet as a whole.

You were the one complaining about the StlAvs guy coming to our board. BTW, that is hypocrisy. Not a single thing @Brian39 has said in this thread is hypocrisy. But you calling out people always complaining after just whining for multiple pages about someone coming to our board is hypocrisy.

Last edited:

Stupendous Yappi

Any famous last words? Not yet!
Sponsor
Aug 23, 2018
Erwin, TN
I’ve never seen the Avs forecheck that aggressively. It was a concerted game plan, and the Blues got a few quick breaks out of it, but just as many turnovers.

The last few games, and frankly during a portion of the win streak, the Blues have not been as hard to play against. They have been less physical and less punishing. I think that’s fine in a vacuum, since they can’t play that way all the time. The lack of desperation when you’re in 1st and have been enjoying success is naturally going to lead to that type of slacking. If 2 losses turns into 4 or 5, then we have a problem.

My takeaway is that the Avs or Blues will win the division, and probably meet in the 2nd round. I’d prefer if the Avs have the harder series against presumedly Dallas. It would be great to pair off with Calgary, Vancouver or Minnesota in the first round, if the alternative is to play a more dangerous physical team.

Reactions: MissouriMook

Bluesnatic27

Aug 5, 2011
I agree, but I don't think it helps when the more level headed ones don't post as often as the non-level headed ones.

KingBran

Three Eyed Raven
Apr 24, 2014
You were the one complaining about the StlAvs guy coming to our board. BTW, that is hypocrisy, not a single thing @Brian39 has said in this thread.

Nope. He was saying people SHOULD go to other teams boards and trash their fans if they post stupid stuff. Then went on to say people shouldn't be offended by other teams fans saying stupid stuff. Hypocritical and asking people to trash other fans.

That's what I was saying is wrong. If you can't tell the difference try reading instead of trying to play internet hero.

So you recommend going into other teams GDT's and talking trash too?

K. Lol.

ChicagoBlues

Sentient
Oct 24, 2006
I agree. Thank you for not sugarcoating it.

What I am ESPECIALLY tired of is all of the moaning about the officiating.

It’s uncouth. Please stop.

simon IC

Sponsor
Sep 8, 2007
Canada
I have noticed this as well. Thanks for posting this Oberyn. You are more courageous than I am.:)

Ranksu

Crotch Academy ftw
Sponsor
Apr 28, 2014
Lapland
giphy.gif

Blueston

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2016
Houston, TX
How should folks express their Cup winning chill? Seems to me that most of us are enjoying ride. Part of fun F Internet forum is to vent a bit after bad games and talk a bit of trash to our rivals.

Reactions: BlueDream

Ranksu

Crotch Academy ftw
Sponsor
Apr 28, 2014
Lapland
I'm maybe the last person to moralizing, but I disagree about board going bad after Cup. Compare to last year GDT's when we had such a big trades and all hopes and team went total downhill. GDT's were total mess. EB22, alkha and vladys had full time job to keep GDT's in decent level. You could say having Cup they could get 1-year off from deleting bad posts, but looks like its not case.

I agree about blaming refs has gone over the board. Feels like every single penalty what Blues get GDT's goes thedizee mode and blame refs as jokes and blaming team losing, 'cus of refs. What strikes me most is that its not us what we're. Its something like what Boston is. :nopity:

What about banners joke someones could think its too cocky and get offended by it, but saying that and knowing how many in this board has done its more now embarrassed thing.

But if we can't express our feeling this whole board kind of lose his purpose, but I do get it if my bad gif's, bad sarcastic jokes and me trying write something about hockey tactics gets under some people and ruins their GDT experience.

Last edited:

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
How should folks express their Cup winning chill? Seems to me that most of us are enjoying ride. Part of fun F Internet forum is to vent a bit after bad games and talk a bit of trash to our rivals.
Was gonna say something like this. If there's no rivalry between certain fan bases, then our feelings towards the teams in our own division would basically be the same as any random team like, say, the Florida Panthers. Why would anyone want that?

Also regarding people being cocky after a Cup win, meh whatever. Get over it. Every fanbase does it. Kings fans were once in our boat but you bet their ass they were gloating to us after they kept beating us in the playoffs and winning Cups. So yeah, we sat through that for years and now it's our turn. Why would I feel bad that we can finally talk a little trash? We waited a long ass time to do it. I'm not gonna do stupid things like go to anyone else's board and I agree that should never happen, but yes I will be proud of the Blues being the top dog in the league right now and use that as ammo against other teams. Again, if that bothers you, you might want to find bigger things to worry about.

Reactions: Blueston

EastonBlues22

Nov 25, 2003
RIP Fugu ϶(°o°)ϵ
Team boards are not off limits to fans of other teams. There is a much lower standard for what constitutes trolling on team boards (especially in GDTs) than there is on the main boards, and the penalties for trolling are often harsher (i.e. a first offense might earn both an infraction and thread ban, with a second offense earning a board ban), but that's about it.

It's usually advisable to error on the side of caution by simply avoiding partisan boards altogether, as you will generally not be given the benefit of the doubt when it comes to any sort of borderline post and the punishments can be particularly harsh, but you are not required to avoid the boards of other teams. You can post anywhere you please, as long as you obey the site rules...and others are free to post here as long as they are doing the same.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad