GDT: Defending Stanley Cup Champ St. Louis Blues vs. Winnipeg | Home Cooking|

Status
Not open for further replies.

MissouriMook

Still just a Mook among men
Sponsor
Jul 4, 2014
Binnington had one get past him that was a one in a million shot (first goal), and got hung out to dry on a 3 on 1. The Blues missed a few prime scoring opps. This game could've easily been 5-2 Blues
That first goal was vintage Allen from the last few seasons and we would have rightfully called out him leaving the short side gap. Binny doesn't get a pass on that.

m1a2lt

Jul 13, 2009
I'm not the one that's losing his **** because the team is in a funk AFTER WINNING THE STANLEY CUP

“Losing his ****?” Suggest you reread my comments. I love when people prove my point with their own words.

mike1320

Hey you, with the logic....keep doing that! :lol:

Seriously, all we need to do is get healthy and make it in. We're looking good so far on both counts. :nod:
I used to post on a Blues message board a long, long time ago and I took like a 15 year break. I thought I'd join up here after we finally won a cup, thinking that the mood would be light and the majority would ride the high of winning last year. Guess that isn't the case. No matter what happens, some fans just truly enjoy being miserable.

Note Worthy

History Made
Oct 26, 2011
St. Louis, MO
I used to post on a Blues message board a long, long time ago and I took like a 15 year break. I thought I'd join up here after we finally won a cup, thinking that the mood would be light and the majority would ride the high of winning last year. Guess that isn't the case. No matter what happens, some fans just truly enjoy being miserable.

It’s possible to simultaneously be very excited and grateful about winning the Stanley Cup last year and also criticize the team this year when they fall short.

I know. I’m doing it right now.

m1a2lt

Jul 13, 2009
Let's face it,

Nobody is afraid of us. We need to bring it every game...

Agreed. The Blues are in cruise mode right now; they have the potential but are taking a breather. Barube even said so after tonight’s game. It’s OK, not the end of the world but they need to get back to what made them winners or they could be facing COL or DAL in the first round...and let’s not forget that DAL was about an inch from going forward and we would be lemanting another season.

I want to see the Blues win another cup this year. But being a sychophant and making excuses is not the way to do it. Binnington has to pick it up or they need to lean more on Allen. They need to play their shutdown style of game and exploit the opponent’s mistakes instead of getting into a run and gun style of hockey which this team is not designed. The potential is there, they just need to put it together. And they are so close...and to be so un-Bluesy, I think they will win it again if they sort it out.

Spektre

Apr 10, 2010
Krynn
What the Blues need is some more want to. They just have to pull themselves up by the boot straps and bring a big old bucket of want to.

Ginger Papa

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 21, 2019
Quesnel, B.C.
That first goal was vintage Allen from the last few seasons and we would have rightfully called out him leaving the short side gap. Binny doesn't get a pass on that.

Let's face it,

Nobody is afraid of us. We need to bring it every game...

Hi folks. Although I’m firmly on the Winnipeg side tonight, I also have a huge soft spot for your squad & Board. You’ve treated me 1st class whenever I’ve visited for GDT’s and it’s been a great time, bantering hockey and joking around with GIF’s.

That all said, I just wanted to let you know that it is an ignorant minority (from all the HF Boards I visit) who say Binny is a “flash is the pan” and/or your team is not a worrisome challenge.

Please understand that I’m far from alone in the opinion that your boys still intimidate the shit out of most teams, including Binny.

One look no further than the reactions of the members whenever you’re defeated. It’s a big f***ing deal.

Tonight the Jets needed the W more than you did and we required an exceptional performance from everyone in order to earn it. You’re still king of the mountain, don’t doubt it for a second.

Cheers

AjaxManifesto

Pro sports is becoming predictable and boring
Mar 9, 2016
St. Louis
Hi folks. Although I’m firmly on the Winnipeg side tonight, I also have a huge soft spot for your squad & Board. You’ve treated me 1st class whenever I’ve visited for GDT’s and it’s been a great time, bantering hockey and joking around with GIF’s.

That all said, I just wanted to let you know that it is an ignorant minority (from all the HF Boards I visit) who say Binny is a “flash is the pan” and/or your team is not a worrisome challenge.

Please understand that I’m far from alone in the opinion that your boys still intimidate the **** out of most teams, including Binny.

One look no further than the reactions of the members whenever you’re defeated. It’s a big ****ing deal.

Tonight the Jets needed the W more than you did and we required an exceptional performance from everyone in order to earn it. You’re still king of the mountain, don’t doubt it for a second.

Cheers

Thanks man. I consider Winnipeg the St. Louis of Canada....or you could think of St. Louis as the Winnipeg of America...

LetsGoBLUES91

Jan 8, 2013
Disagree. Binnington was bad tonight. It happens, but has happened too much lately. Binnington needs to ride the pine and let Allen take a start and reset.

The Blues let Winnipeg dictate play for the majority of the game though the Blues has their moments. The Blues are a team that plays disciplined hockey and takes advantage of mistakes; they tried to play a run and gun game and they aren’t designed that way.

They have the chance to get back to what made them successful and I think they will but we need to call a spade a spade; they didn’t play their game tonight.

I agree with all of this. And this team can get back. But “they didn’t play their game tonight” has been the theme since DECEMBER 29TH. They’ve been garbage for 6 weeks save for Carolinas terrible goalie and a couple of games against the worst teams in the league the week before the all star break.

since 12/29. Arizona loss. Colorado loss. Vegas loss. 4 straight wins against garbage AHL caliber teams. Philly loss. Colorado loss. Calgary sloppy win because their goalie sucked. Edmonton loss. Winnipeg loss. Carolina sloppy win because their goalie sucked. Winnipeg loss.

It’s not crazy to be hitting the concern button.

Reactions: AjaxManifesto

ChicagoBlues

Sentient
Oct 24, 2006

Please understand that I’m far from alone in the opinion that your boys still intimidate the **** out of most teams, including Binny.

One look no further than the reactions of the members whenever you’re defeated. It’s a big ****ing deal.

Cheers
I love the Jets. My second favorite team.

Used to love the Predators, but grew tired of their diving and shitty fans.

Last edited:

Ginger Papa

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 21, 2019
Quesnel, B.C.
I love the Jets. My second favorite team.
It’s been a shot to the junk for the fan base with the news on Big Buff, but they’re also relieved that there’s finally closure.
124EF541-1A39-42ED-9788-8A411E14E515.gif

As for your team, I’m of the opinion that it’s probably for the best that you have some struggles at this point, with plenty of time to get back on track. We have all seen the pitfalls of running away with the Regular season.....
1C9D76E1-527C-43D6-9BD4-50011C19EAEC.gif

ChicagoBlues

Sentient
Oct 24, 2006
It’s been a shot to the junk for the fan base with the news on Big Buff, but they’re also relieved that there’s finally closure.
View attachment 317599

As for your team, I’m of the opinion that it’s probably for the best that you have some struggles at this point, with plenty of time to get back on track. We have all seen the pitfalls of running away with the Regular season.....
Damn!!

I’m doing Grape Lady oweeees!

Reactions: Ginger Papa

simon IC

Sponsor
Sep 8, 2007
Canada

Cheers
Classy post, and much appreciated! As far as I'm concerned, you are always welcome here.

simon IC

Sponsor
Sep 8, 2007
Canada
Our attention to detail is lacking. Odd man rushes, defensive zone breakdowns, soft goals.. we aren’t playing full 60. Our best is crazy good and we don’t really need it every night all season, but my concern is if we coast like this for much longer won’t be able to just turn it on for playoffs.
Call me paranoid, but I am beginning to wonder if the team chemistry has been badly altered from last season. Maroon, Edmundson and Fabbri out, Faulk and DLR in. It might look good on paper, but I am seriously beginning to wonder.

Stealth JD

Don't condescend me, man.
Sponsor
Jan 16, 2006
Bonita Springs, FL
Get Sunny back...he really adds an entire other layer to our depth. Then get 91 back. If they’re still struggling then, then maybe it will be time to have some concern.

AjaxManifesto

Pro sports is becoming predictable and boring
Mar 9, 2016
St. Louis
Call me paranoid, but I am beginning to wonder if the team chemistry has been badly altered from last season. Maroon, Edmundson and Fabbri out, Faulk and DLR in. It might look good on paper, but I am seriously beginning to wonder.
I agree with this. Maroon brought something intangible to the team. Something you don't see on the stats. Even Eddie did. Both loved being here. But DA thought he needed to tweak what was already good. Some times the best thing is to not change something, but let it flourish.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad