Defenceman in the later rounds?

Status
Not open for further replies.

VernonForrest

Feb 20, 2003
San Diego
cyclops said:
Never heard of this kid before but i am sure pulling for him to make it after reading your physical description of the guy. Can you imagine a guy that size on defense making it in the nhl? He'd be like the nhl's doug flutie only way freakier.I'm officially on the guys fanclub.

You a big fan of Francis Boullion?

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
Peter said:
As I have said before, Russel is too small for an NHL d-man. No way you can compare him fairly to St. Louis. Now, that said, if an NHL team wants to gamble on him and convert him to forward...I think that would be the way to go. This kid is an offensive d-man who can skate and shoot. Sound like a great conversion project to me.

Certainly that formula worked with Scott Walker, who was a 5'10 180 defender coming out of junior. Walker would never have made it in pro on the blueline. But then he had a lot of grit working for him as well.

espo*

VernonForrest said:
You a big fan of Francis Boullion?
lol,even Boullion is not that small. Hell, i'm not sure if some of santa's elves are that small. But yes,i am a fan of Boullion's.If several defensemen in the nhl that i know of had his drive and competitiveness they'd be all-stars.Boullions only deficency is size,..... he's a good player and competitior

CurtisJD13

Feb 9, 2005
Even with that little amount of size, it's hard to disagree with his numbers. Maybe he could even come along as a forward, he has a twin brother that plays LW for Kootenay, who scored 32 goals this year. They may be small, but they're 2 of the best players in the league.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->