Defected Players

RoyalCitySlicker

Sep 6, 2013
Why? ...it's so much easier to play the victim in today's society

For the record, I never complained about the league being tilted. I don't think the league plays favourites. I do think that some locations are much more conducive to getting players to report than others. The city's make-up - top notch private schools, arena size, population size and entertainment options - as well as location (USAvCANvNorthern Ont) can play a part in where a player (family) wants to go.

That's all I'm trying to say.

Tarantula

Hanging around the web
Aug 31, 2017
GTA
For the record, I never complained about the league being tilted. I don't think the league plays favourites. I do think that some locations are much more conducive to getting players to report than others. The city's make-up - top notch private schools, arena size, population size and entertainment options - as well as location (USAvCANvNorthern Ont) can play a part in where a player (family) wants to go.

That's all I'm trying to say.

Location and the other factors raised above do not supersede the quality of the organization but certainly would serve as a tie breaker if you will. Typically the Organization is usually the main factor.

OHL4Life

Sep 6, 2017
if the soo greyhounds can recruit and be successful, im not sure anyone can really complain about geography being a hindrance with regards to scouting/recruiting.

Reactions: Otto

RoyalCitySlicker

Sep 6, 2013
All fair points. I'm not sour. Guelph typically doesn't have an issue getting players to come, at least not for the most part.

I get it though. Bad organizations end up with bad teams for a reason. :thumbu:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->