Deepest team in the NHL?

Marc-E-

Sep 19, 2004
Montréal, Québec
I won't say that because if you take a look right now in Hamilton...yikes! But at the blueline with fellow like Tinordi, Beaulieu, Ellis, Pateryn, St-Denis; they all could be call up if we were rash by injuries. But we've 3 good lines that could play both ends. We just need a game breaker. But I like the way our team is built . Team concept all the way. MB should continue to build through the draft with Trevor Timmins.

ProspectsFanatic

Nov 13, 2012
No we are not. We don't have many injuries and Dumont is already playing in the 3rd line. After him who do we call up Blunden or leblanc with is horrible season... On defense we have Pateryn + St-Denis (tinordi and beaulieu not ready yet), this is similar to any other teams.

ChristosCUP

Sep 3, 2007
I think we are one heavy defenseman from being a top team in terms of depth.. And obviously a heavy body upfront as well to become elite..

Le Barron de HF

Justin make me proud
Mar 12, 2008
Shawinigan
It's not because we're first in the Eastern Conference that it means we have the deepest team in the NHL, we have some good depth but I'd take St. Louis' and the Kings' defense before ours and I'd take LA's, Boston's and Chicago's depth up front over ours. Check at the Ducks, their 2nd in the NHL but if you have a closer look at their line-up, it's not deep at all on offense or defense. We have a good system like Phoenix (who can play anyone in their line-up on offense and not get hurt; Nick Johnson plays on their PP ffs) and our team believes in it.

Burke the Legend

Feb 22, 2012
Habs prolly deepest D in east conference (especially in terms of offensive output), arguably second deepest offence after Boston.

AJMHABS

Chucky #27
Jan 30, 2011
Montreal, Qc
Habs prolly deepest D in east conference (especially in terms of offensive output), arguably second deepest offence after Boston.

TBH, I would put Pittsburgh 1st, Boston 2nd, and then Habs 3rd. But, Habs are in the top 5, in terms of depth up front and on defense in East, and arguably around the league.

PricePkPatch*

Anyone calling Price the "undisputed goalie to start the olympics" is quite the homer. There WILL be a selection trial, price WILL be part of the candidates and the team.

But to think they will hand him the keys without other considerations? Riiiiight

Burke the Legend

Feb 22, 2012
TBH, I would put Pittsburgh 1st, Boston 2nd, and then Habs 3rd. But, Habs are in the top 5, in terms of depth up front and on defense in East, and arguably around the league.

Well I guess you can call Pens the "deepest" if you count Crosby as 4 normal players. His line's 50 goals count for half their league leading 97 GF (which is a dozen GF ahead of other top offensive teams). I mean that's spectacular, and very dangerous but not quite "deep' we're talking about.

Zathronas

Aug 10, 2012
Montreal

I don't agree, deepest does not necessarily equates best. I will say we are the deepest on offensive output in the league. Not the best, just the deepest. Which is why we are tough to beat, where do you put your best defensive player? If you put it on Pleks line then it will be Ellers or Deharnais that will hurt you. And if you manage to stop all 3 lines then the defense will provide the offense. Thats what make them the deepest offense. Show me another team that can do this.

Joe Cole

Jun 17, 2003
Montreal
Visit site

I could disagree more. Deep compared to who? To last year's D?

Subban and Markov are proper (and maybe top drawer) NHL D. It falls off fast after that.

Sure the rest of the D corp are serviceable, and presently doing the job, but if there has been one glaring problem with the Habs for the past 3 years, it has been defensive depth.

When/if Tinordi, Beaulieu develop into what they can become, and the Habs have another surprise here and there, they may have some depth IF Markov is still playing, and Subban resigns after this bridge contract.

Us fans should enjoy this great run, but telling ourselves that this D corp is deep is watching only Habs games and comparing against a truly horrible Habs defensive squad of the recent past.

Price is Wright

Feb 5, 2010
essex
Montreal has three defensemen in the top 25 of D scoring.

Also, Montreal can't be deep if their call ups are guys like Dumont.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad