Decision Decision ! Final cut that's surprise you.

Nordiques1979

Nov 29, 2009
Laval QC
Sami Niku went down?

That's hard to believe. He looked great in the AHL last year.

I thought Myers would make the Flyers, I thought he looked like a pro vs Boston.
I don't know what happened for Niku, I guess Maurice preferred to play whether Chiarot or Morrow and keep Poolman as the 7thth d. To be honest Morrow had a good camp, I think he even lead for a while in points.
Wolanin losing out to Jaros and Lajoie in Ottawa is shocking.
I was almost sure Wolanin had the last spot, I guess they had to keep Demelo, just to not make Dorion look silly, because, well, Demelo is bad...

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Did Ozighanov looked that good?

Ozhiganov looked solid. I’m a fan. Babcock loves the guy.

Main issue is Carrick looked awful. Didn’t look like his usual self on the ice. He probably is behind Justin Holl on the depth chart now.

lawrence

May 19, 2012
personally i'm surprised Gaudette did not make the cut despite playing at around 20 minutes a game in pre season. He was ok, not impressive but not bad, I thought he was gonna stick around, as I've seen prospects that were not as good as him in the past actually make the team but he didn't.

The Note in MI

Bow to the pyramid
Aug 21, 2013
Muskegon, MI
I think many Blues fans are surprised that Kyrou seems to have made the final cut, and would have even without injuries. Most thought he was close but would need at least a short AHL stint to get his sea legs but he’s been electric right off the bat and his defensive play has been well above expectations.

Thomas is not a surprise.

Blais might make the team if Fabbri sits out for a bit. I’m not convinced he will though.

Schmaltz has earned 7D spot but with Gunnarsson still out and Bortuzzo being out for his dirty play he will see the first game for sure.

Nordiques1979

Nov 29, 2009
Laval QC
personally i'm surprised Gaudette did not make the cut despite playing at around 20 minutes a game in pre season. He was ok, not impressive but not bad, I thought he was gonna stick around, as I've seen prospects that were not as good as him in the past actually make the team but he didn't.
Damn totally forgot about Gaudette, and to a lesser degree Dahlen.

I don't understand the Canucks, they've got some great talent but prefer stick around with aging vets... Mind blowing...

LetsGoBLUES91

Jan 8, 2013
Jaskin is on waivers for the Blues. Wouldn’t be surprised if he was claimed. Can be a decent bottom 6 guy.

Dr Pepper

Dec 9, 2005
Sunny Etobicoke
Remi Elie played in 72 games last season, his first full one with Dallas.

Surprised to see him on the waiver wire today.

Made room for Carrick, I guess.

djpatm

Feb 2, 2010
Calgary
I'm surprised, although pleasantly, that the Flames waived Lazar and Kulak in favour of rookies. I say it's the right move, I just didn't expect them to do it

Lazar is skating today and Mangiapane isn't so it looks like for some reason he's being kept around.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->