LeBrun: "Decent chance" Avalanche and Nichushkin agree on an extension

JoemAvs

Jul 2, 2011
That sound too much like what was said about Grubauer last year. Stop teasing Pierre!

I am not celebrating till the ink is dry (and I don't see a 6 or higher as the AAV).

Reactions: GirardSpinorama

jaisen73

Oct 5, 2006
I suspect the issue is term. If I am Colorado I want 4-5 years. If I'm Nuke's camp I want 7 or even 8. He's 27, his injury history is not too bad, and he has improved every season he has been with the Avs. Of all the UFAs they can conceivably retain this is a very big one, arguably even bigger than Kadri over the long term. Big Val can play a Top 9 (more likely Top 6) role and his two-way game is exceptional. Kills penalties and plays on the PP. Total Swiss army knife.

BoHorvat 53

What's a god to a Kane
Dec 9, 2014
Damn. Here I was thinking that it was going to be a one and done cup run if the Avs didn’t retain Nuke. So in essence, you replace Kuemper with Georgie, Kadri is probably gone but Newhook gets an elevated role, all of their young defencemen are a year older and will be better. Yeah, I think the Avs are going back-to-back.

Arthur Morgan

Jul 6, 2016
Toronto
www.youtube.com
excited to see what he gets. excited to brag about having him below 1m in my league for another 3 years
trading this 2 years ago is one of the best trades Ive ever made.
Eetu Päkkilä
Yegor Zaitsev
2020 PHI 6th (Matthew Gleason)

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
I can see him settling at a lower number - his career was in the toilet before he signed there and he has a chance to win more cups.

The Red Line

Oct 11, 2010
Good move. They're losing players this off-season no matter what, I like their priorities so far.

Extra Texture

A new career
Mar 21, 2008
in a new town
This is definitely the guy they've got to keep hold of. I assumed that him and Lehkonen (RFA but still) are going to be bedrock members of the core going forward.

What do Avs fans think Nichushkin's cap number will be?

edit: just saw 5.5 x 8, daaaang. If that happens, good for him.

53db67e8-13bc-42ac-9148-6d123923660d_text.gif

GirardSpinorama

Aug 20, 2004
I suspect the issue is term. If I am Colorado I want 4-5 years. If I'm Nuke's camp I want 7 or even 8. He's 27, his injury history is not too bad, and he has improved every season he has been with the Avs. Of all the UFAs they can conceivably retain this is a very big one, arguably even bigger than Kadri over the long term. Big Val can play a Top 9 (more likely Top 6) role and his two-way game is exceptional. Kills penalties and plays on the PP. Total Swiss army knife.
He is a unicorn.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad