December & January goalie situation

LandofLincoln*

Raanta looks to get a good margin of remaining December games. Simpson hasn't exactly earned a call up, but I think it is good for him and the right time.

I think Simpson's and Raanta both will do okay, because the Blackhawks defense should be easier to play behind versus goaltending for a inexperienced Rockford defense.

Khabibulin I wonder if he will come back in December? If you have concerns or comments about the current and on going goalie situation please add to the conversation.

Last edited by a moderator:

Illinihockey

Jun 15, 2010
Over the next 3 weeks they have 10 games and 3 sets of back to backs. Raanta is going to get 7-8 games I'm betting.

Bubba88

Toews = Savior
Nov 8, 2009
Bavaria
no problem with this. Raanta is good enough and won't lose us the games and even Simpson would get some kind of boost playing 1-3 games until Craw is back. He'll only improve by this

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
It would help a lot if the TEAM all pitches in to play hard to protect our net...this means no slackers and no lolligaggers...I hope Toews takes this "seruously" andelevates his game back to normal expectation level...which requires an end to gliding and floating and waiving on checks...and getting back to SKATING with more speed and urgency. ..leading to more take-aways agaon and more time and possessions in our o-zone (opponent's d-zone) instead of chasing pucks laksadaisically too long in our own d-zone...but if Toews does not "get it" (back) but continues to go at only half effort..then that will be the wrong signal from our fearless leader and the rest of the team will slide back to lazy habits too..so I hope Q has sat down with the Cap'n for a serious talk on putting more into his game than we have seen since hehad that 4 pt night and thought effort and hard work were no longer required...that talent alone would be sufficient..so we have had a long period of sub-par games from him where he loafed off..This better stop. ..as of tonight...we need him to be a lot better...a lot more difference-maker than passive passenger. IF he can elevate again to specialness..then that will inspire the team to also elevate as a group..and doing that will automatically protect our net better...Toews must be special for the team to be special and that will make it a lot easier for Raanta to get good results.

LandofLincoln*

It would help a lot if the TEAM all pitches in to play hard to protect our net...this means no slackers and no lolligaggers...I hope Toews takes this "seruously" andelevates his game back to normal expectation level...which requires an end to gliding and floating and waiving on checks...and getting back to SKATING with more speed and urgency. ..leading to more take-aways agaon and more time and possessions in our o-zone (opponent's d-zone) instead of chasing pucks laksadaisically too long in our own d-zone...but if Toews does not "get it" (back) but continues to go at only half effort..then that will be the wrong signal from our fearless leader and the rest of the team will slide back to lazy habits too..so I hope Q has sat down with the Cap'n for a serious talk on putting more into his game than we have seen since hehad that 4 pt night and thought effort and hard work were no longer required...that talent alone would be sufficient..so we have had a long period of sub-par games from him where he loafed off..This better stop. ..as of tonight...we need him to be a lot better...a lot more difference-maker than passive passenger. IF he can elevate again to specialness..then that will inspire the team to also elevate as a group..and doing that will automatically protect our net better...Toews must be special for the team to be special and that will make it a lot easier for Raanta to get good results.

You talked more about Toews impact on the team protecting the net. I agree when Toews turns into a piece of **** pile on things sour quickly. He needs a candle lit under his dead ass.

Nothingman*

Someone asked Q in the post game if tows was hurt and he said no. So if he is lying or not is the question.

Blackhawks

Jul 25, 2007
When the Blackhawks suck, a simple guide:

Is it less than 10 minutes after they won the Cup? No, they don't suck.

Otherwise yes, they suck.

HAHAHAHAHA

WE ARE SO SPOILED ITS AWESOME (caps intended)

I get soooo bored when the Hawks are not just dominating games these past two seasons, and especially this season.

Oh_so_saad

Sep 18, 2012
Seattle
simpsons was a workhorse here is in everett, the kid is very atheletic, hopefully he transistion to the next level sometime in the next few years

BobbyJet

I am Canadian
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
I've yet to see the last 28 minutes of last night's game, but from what I did see last night, it was a perfect game by the team trying to ease in a rookie goalie. I think it may have been the best team game of the season in fact (though Dallas did look flat). I reckon, they continue to play like that and we should be just fine. One thing I don't want to see is for Hawks to rush Crawford back.

Other comments:
Kane and Keith are having MVP candidate seasons, and Saad continues to impress. Sharp is a bit in the shadow of others, but is playing some good hockey as well, as is Hossa.

As for Jonny, yes, he is off right now, playing hurt again no doubt, but he will never admit it - and also won't hurt the team even when his play is sub-standard for him.

I think also that a healthy Kostka may become our mainstay 6th dman.

LandofLincoln*

Kostka has definitely looked better than both Roszival and Brookbank in his limited showings.

Even though Stan allowed Stanton to go and he has done extremely well in Vancouver. I like Kostka and think it was the right choice at the time. I would like to see Kostka on the team next season. Brookbank would be my odd defenseman out.

LandofLincoln*

3 games in 4 nights

Simpson probably has a 50/50 chance of getting his debut. I guess we will find out.

clydesdale line

Connor BeJesus
Jan 10, 2012
Someone asked Q in the post game if tows was hurt and he said no. So if he is lying or not is the question.

He's not hurt enough to be taken out of the lineup. But he's hurt enough not to carry the play with the puck or have any zip on his shots cause of the splinter on his left pinky and ring finger. But hey.. he can still pass, get in front of the net and play defense so he's still useful out there. (btw, I still believe his wrist isn't right, but that's another issue)

LandofLincoln*

Simpson will pitch the first shutout of the season.

I think the acquiring of LaBarbara means Simpson gets sent back down to Rockford. They want to keep that spot solidified and Simpson deserves a shot at being #1 in Rockford.

member 151739

I think the acquiring of LaBarbara means Simpson gets sent back down to Rockford. They want to keep that spot solidified and Simpson deserves a shot at being #1 in Rockford.

I agree. I'm just messing around.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad