Injury Report: Dec. 27: Ryan White conditioning stint in AHL [Aug. 27: left pectoral muscle surgery]

santapore

Oct 11, 2010
hextall : "Ryan White had successful surgery to repair his left pectoralis muscle. His surgery was performed yesterday by Dr. Gerry Williams at Methodist hospital. The injury occurred during an off ice workout in Brandon, Manitoba last week. There has been no time table established on Ryan's return."

anyone know how bad this kind of injury is?

Link to official release: http://flyers.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=729281&navid=DL|PHI|home

Last edited by a moderator:

Appleyard

Mar 5, 2010
Copenhagen
twitter.com
hextall : "Ryan White had successful surgery to repair his left pectoralis muscle. His surgery was performed yesterday by Dr. Gerry Williams at Methodist hospital. The injury occurred during an off ice workout in Brandon, Manitoba last week. There has been no time table established on Ryan's return."

anyone know how bad this kind of injury is?

Ference was out for a ~month at the end of the season with a minor tear, he played with it for 3 weeks, had surgery and missed the end of the season... but could have played, or been back within a ~month.

Huselius missed 4 months with a major tear in his last NHL season.

Ozolinsh missed just under 3 months in 2003-04 after pectoralis surgery.

So it depends heavily on how severe. He originally injured it in January I believe and played with it... so I imagine it is a minor one like Ferences that was not fully healed.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
Seeing how Akeson has been scratched a fair amount thus far this probably isn't good news for him.

We need to recoup some picks so hopefully Hextall can make something happen.

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
It's still two months away. Hopefulyl by then Akeson has locked down a spot and VdV is back in the AHL.

blinds

Jan 5, 2012
I wonder if White coming back opens up Bellemare moving to wing higher up in the lineup. If Read doesn't get any better, I wouldn't mind trying Bellemare there.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
It's still two months away. Hopefulyl by then Akeson has locked down a spot and VdV is back in the AHL.

I doubt it. Berube seems to have taken a shine to VV.

White's a likely better fit on the fourth line than Akeson while Akeson likely has higher trade value than White. Neither will likely be here next year so I would value a draft pick more here.

whitstifier

Honor Black Excellence in Hockey
Mar 19, 2013
Seeing how Akeson has been scratched a fair amount thus far this probably isn't good news for him.

We need to recoup some picks so hopefully Hextall can make something happen.

If McGinn is worth a 3rd, then what is Akeson worth?

RJ8812*

I'm going to laugh when we trade Akeson for peanuts and he turns into a 50 point winger

OriginJM

matt stromes skating coach
Feb 4, 2010
I'm going to laugh when we trade Akeson for peanuts and he turns into a 50 point winger

I know it's crazy but I wish they would put him back on the PP. his offensive vision is too good to not be used there in some capacity.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
The chances of Akeson becoming a 50 point winger are pretty slim.

He's already getting phased out & with a expiring as well as more all around talented players than him coming up to the ranks he'll be out of here very soon.

RJ8812*

The chances of Akeson becoming a 50 point winger are pretty slim.

He's already getting phased out & with a expiring as well as more all around talented players than him coming up to the ranks he'll be out of here very soon.

People said the same thing about Patrick Sharp (yes, not the best comparison as I don't think he'll be as good as him). He's got offensive skill, but they won't give him the opportunity to show it here.

I just don't understand why he isn't given a bigger offensive role. Berube Logic, sure, but it's stupid.

Give him a shot on the 2nd PP unit. It's not like that line can get any worse.

MiamiScreamingEagles

Global Moderator
Jan 17, 2004
December 5:

http://www.csnphilly.com/hockey-phi...ll-has-no-plans-to-replace-coach-craig-berube

White update
Ryan White (torn pectoral muscle) is making continued progress practicing with the team for a week now.

“I believe he’s a couple of weeks away … [from] being cleared to play,” Hextall said. “He’s going to see a doctor. I think he’s two weeks away from being cleared to play.”

Hextall said he was uncertain whether White will do a rehab assignment with the Phantoms or be moved to the Flyers' roster.

Cootsfanclub

For Oskar!
Mar 29, 2013
I like that you didn't even acknowledge the possibility that Rinaldo sits. Him and Grossmann are seemingly glued to this team.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad