Dec 22 Slovakia - Belarus

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crusher20

Feb 27, 2002
Montreal
If anyone watch this exibition game, i would greatly appreciate some feedback about Andrei Kostitsyn and other top prospects.

Thank IN advance.. i cant understand the scoreboards arent available for exhibition games..

flip588

Mar 22, 2004
Anything on Stefan Ruzicka would also be much appreciated. Thanks in advance to anyone.

12# Peter Bondra

Apr 15, 2004
Im just reading a report on the game now. Scorers:

Slovakia: 11. Segľa (Valábik, Kútny), 33. HaÅ¡čák, 36. Valábik (Segľa)
Belarus: 57. Karaha (Savin, Bloch)

Ladislav Scurko and 3 Belarus players got tossed out of the game.

Meszaros has a broken nose after a crosscheck by a Belarus player.

The Slovak coach is saying that the Belarus players played dirty and that a lot of Slovak players have slashed hands (were slashed).

Blue Bullet

Feb 27, 2002
Bon Accord, AB
Visit site
Kostitsyn wasn't in the game because he was playing for the Bulldogs against the Road Runners last night. He hasn't left the team yet for the WJC.

Kostitsyn had no points and was -1 and had one shot last night for the Bulldogs. The games was on Sportsnet last night.

svetovy poharu

Dec 7, 2004
An amusing sidebar to last night's exhibition game in Grafton.

Belarus undressed by Slovakia.

Both Slovakia and Belarus ended up bringing only their white uniforms to the game.
As a result, one team had to find dark uniforms to wear. It turned out to be Belarus, which had to borrow a local high school team (Grafton-Park River High School) dark uniforms to play the game. The borrowed uniforms did not bring Belarus
any luck as Slovakia went on to win the game 3-1.

TORRUS

May 31, 2004
Beli
Senator Stanley said:
Meszaros broke his nose :banghead: I assume he will still play against Canada. Anybody know for sure?

If hes a hockey player he'll put the visor on and forget about his broken nose!

flip588

Mar 22, 2004
Got this report on the game off a Flyers board:

WJ tune up game last night in Grafton, ND. First two periods were run of the mill hockey.

Things exploded in the 3rd when Slovak team captain received a nasty crosscheck flush on the mug and had to be heldped off the ice. Few scrums after this one.

A few moments later a Belarus player gave a Slovak a HUGE two hander right across the shins. Flyers 2004 draft pick, Latislav Scurko went after the dude and destroyed him. I don't know anything aout his fighting history but he looked like Mel Bridgeman during this one. This game was a slashing/high sticking clinic. It was awesome. Very close to a total bench clearer.

Slovak coach even sent a few of his best players, one of whom was another Flyers pick, Stefan Ruzicka, to the locker room with a few minutes left so they wouldn't get hurt.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->