Post-Game Talk: Dec 2.: Cup vs Ducks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Calicaps

NFA
Aug 3, 2006
Almost Canada
20 games 24 points = Kuzy coasting. :thumbu:
I'm talking about other areas of his game. He's not battling hard on the walls like we know he can nor is he backchecking as hard as he has in the past. Like I said, I'm not that worried about it right now, but scoring points comes easy for him. It's the tougher stuff that he's not working hard for right now.

Calicaps

NFA
Aug 3, 2006
Almost Canada
Hmmmm I dont remember mentioning any particular poster. Yet it happens to me all the time and when I ask to not be mentioned by name in a post I get attacked for that.
And you call me the hypocrite? Do your homework before making comments like that.
I did not call you a hypocrite. What are you talking about? You make sweeping pronouncements about posters here. You do it all the time. You say "you guys" and "lots of folks here" and so on. That's all I'm referring to. Would be so much easier to just not do that.

Reactions: CapitalsCupReality

TRASHCAT

Sep 23, 2009
Boulder, CO
Was that the October 6-0 blowout loss? OK that's bad, but at some (early) point you knew they were going to lose.

However to be up 4 is statistically nearly a lock win in the NHL. Didn't even get an OTL point. That was a 4 point swing, good that it wasn't vs. an EC or even worse a Metro team.

Hope they get a wake up call from this one and move on.

Ill take a loss where they showed up for half the game over none of it everytime. Plus there was some fishy reffing

Sam Spade

May 4, 2009
Maryland
I'm talking about other areas of his game. He's not battling hard on the walls like we know he can nor is he backchecking as hard as he has in the past. Like I said, I'm not that worried about it right now, but scoring points comes easy for him. It's the tougher stuff that he's not working hard for right now.

Is there some sort of belief that a player can/will play at maximum level every game?

As long as Kuzy, and everyone else, gets their shit together enough to make the playoffs and then is firing on all cylinders I will be satisfied.

Calicaps

NFA
Aug 3, 2006
Almost Canada
Is there some sort of belief that a player will play at maximum level every game?

As long as Kuzy, and everyone else, gets their **** together enough to make the playoffs and then is firing on all cylinders I will be satisfied.
I don’t have that belief. But I don’t see a problem with calling it like I see it. Kuzy is becoming a leader of this team so his effort level, even RS, is fair game IMO. Obviously I also will care more come the playoffs. Which is why I said benefit of the doubt.

Reactions: CapitalsCupReality

Sam Spade

May 4, 2009
Maryland
I don’t have that belief. But I don’t see a problem with calling it like I see it. Kuzy is becoming a leader of this team so his effort level, even RS, is fair game IMO. Obviously I also will care more come the playoffs. Which is why I said benefit of the doubt.

Fair enough. I thought Ovie had a shit game today except for his pass but the game before he was awesome so I can live with it.

Reactions: calicapsfan

Devil Dancer

Jan 21, 2006
I was watching the game on delay going into the third when my dad texted me:

"Did you see that Caps fiasco? What the hell was thst?"

Thanks for saving me from a period of mysery Pop! :laugh::(

Reactions: RandyHolt

Calicaps

NFA
Aug 3, 2006
Almost Canada
So what happened guys? Did the team just stop playing after up 5-1 assuming they had it in the bag?
Pretty much. Despite the big lead they weren’t really playing sound structured hockey for the first 30 minutes but about halfway through the game they fell asleep and couldn’t recover... plus some real boneheaded defensive play.

SpinningEdge

Feb 12, 2015
Fairfax, VA
When you’re up 5-3 in the third you have to be a special kind of stupid to take unnecessary boarding penalties back to back.

First one? Okay, it happens. Dumb. But okay.

Second one that’s same penalty? Just plain stupid.

What Orlov did was very selfish.

Reactions: calicapsfan

Empty Goal Net

Do I see another GOAT?
Feb 13, 2010
Ok...so, you think a game like that is more revealing than the 7 straight wins and 8 of 9 that came before it?

I did not write that. Each game is one piece in the equation. Each player's performance is also one piece in a larger equation. Some games and some performances have greater importance, depending on a whole bunch of factors that shouldn't require articulation. At key times, who stepped up? Who failed to do their job, or regressed? Every game requires observation, and over the course of a season, individual game-by-game performances add up. Competent management is evaluating these things. And I hope that management is trying to identify what factors led to this team blowing a 4-goal lead.

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
I did not write that. Each game is one piece in the equation. Each player's performance is also one piece in a larger equation. Some games and some performances have greater importance, depending on a whole bunch of factors that shouldn't require articulation..

So, you are saying that MacLellan should be taking notes on this game rather than the recent wins because it has greater import?

I am calling you out for saying the boss needed to be taking notes on that game. More so than the other games, I have to assume, because I haven't seen this comments after the recent wins.

This is simple. You said Mac needed to be taking notes. I want to know why? You didn't mean that he should be taking notes in all the games. That goes without saying.

maacoshark

Jul 22, 2017
Bad game. We knew we would lose eventually. Ugly way to lose though. Even in the 7 game winning streak we still gave up too many high scoring chances. Holtby bailed us out a lot over the last few games but he didnt have a good game today either.
Bright spots was the 4th line and the 3rd def pairing was OK too. Bowey is looking very confident out there.

smd333

May 2, 2012
I'm glad the team had one of these games now. It's a perfect teaching moment as a coach to hammer away the need to stay focused for 60 min

Reactions: Devil Dancer

AtNightWeFly

You better run.
Jun 1, 2014
Upstate NY
When you’re up 5-3 in the third you have to be a special kind of stupid to take unnecessary boarding penalties back to back.

First one? Okay, it happens. Dumb. But okay.

Second one that’s same penalty? Just plain stupid.

What Orlov did was very selfish.

You could tell he was shook! He was afraid of any contact after that; body or stick.

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
That was a selfish play. He had to either get that puck in the zone or dish it to a teammate. Instead he tried to make a move and got stripped by Getzlaf as the penalty was expiring. He did the same thing a couple of games ago and cost us a goal. They were almost identical plays. Like Ive said he hangs onto the puck too much. Defend the guy if you want but that is a very selfish play and he should be called out for it. Sorry if I hurt your feelings

I’m not defending him. He made a bad play. I acknowledged that. Does it make you feel tough or something turn it into some personal attack on the guy. Selfish....pshh....Get outta here with your nonsense.

kicksavedave

I'm just here for the memes and gifs.
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2009
Fallbrook, CA
www.tiasarms.org
So I had to get in the car when it was 5-3, I thought to myself "They're not playing well but one more goal should seal this". I finally find the AM radio station just as the Caps are pulling Holtby for the extra man and I think to myself "well, that blows". The Ducks radio crew was all having multiple orgasms.

For anyone interested, the WP says that "The Ducks became the first team in 19 years to overcome a four-goal deficit on the road to win in regulation."

So we got that going for us, which is nice. A once a generation collapse at home. Shake it off boys, If you can't get motivated for Vegas then take the whole month off.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad