Post-Game Talk: Dec 2.: Cup vs Ducks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Calicaps

NFA
Aug 3, 2006
Almost Canada
Because it is true. Some here keep defending certain players. Everyone here dumps on Burakovsky but a player like Eller has been just as bad. He makes several bad plays every game. He makes a lot of selfish plays too and he gets a free pass.
Niskanen gets that treatment here too. The pairing of Orlov and Niskanen has been very bad all year and Niskanen is just as guilty. One thing I noticed was when they were separated Orlov actually elevated his game but Niskanen did not.
I dont care if members here call out a player that deserves it but don't call out one guy and protect the next player that us playing just as bad.
Everyone knows Burakovsky and Orlov are playing well but Eller and Niskanen are right there with them.
It may be true, but it's not the point. You have an opinion about a player, and someone else--even several someones--has a different opinion. You're both (all) entitled to them, and attacking people for having a different opinion is ridiculous.

Calicaps

NFA
Aug 3, 2006
Almost Canada
Kuzy was carrying a lot of load in the time Wilson was out. And the power play.

I am thinking that Niskanen is still recovering from the playoffs. Might be Orlov is trying to over compensate. Just a guess
I've been thinking Nisky is struggling to fill the Orpik void a bit. He's not strong in the crease, but has had to do more of that duty, and he's not doing it well.

maacoshark

Jul 22, 2017
It may be true, but it's not the point. You have an opinion about a player, and someone else--even several someones--has a different opinion. You're both (all) entitled to them, and attacking people for having a different opinion is ridiculous.
My point is that anyone that is ripping players like Burakovsky and Orlov and giving Eller and Niskanen a free pass is being hypocritical. Eller and Niskanen should be thrown under the same bus as those other guys. How do you not understand this concept?

Calicaps

NFA
Aug 3, 2006
Almost Canada
My point is that anyone that is ripping players like Burakovsky and Orlov and giving Eller and Niskanen a free pass is being hypocritical. Eller and Niskanen should be thrown under the same bus as those other guys. How do you not understand this concept?
I do understand. But again, they're entitled to their opinion EVEN if you think it's wrong and hypocritical and you should keep your opinions about other posters to yourself. How do you not understand that?

Sam Spade

May 4, 2009
Maryland
Reirdon said it best just now, it wasn't anything the Ducks did as much as things the Caps didn't do and the things they messed up are correctable mistakes.

Reactions: calicapsfan

maacoshark

Jul 22, 2017
I do understand. But again, they're entitled to their opinion EVEN if you think it's wrong and hypocritical and you should keep your opinions about other posters to yourself. How do you not understand that?
Hmmmm I dont remember mentioning any particular poster. Yet it happens to me all the time and when I ask to not be mentioned by name in a post I get attacked for that.
And you call me the hypocrite? Do your homework before making comments like that.

traparatus

Oct 19, 2012
I read it like you were saying they're better off without Kuz and indirectly blamed him for the loss. No?

I think Kuznetsov's play on Anaheim's 3rd goal buried us today. The team was on their heels and he attempted a needless neutral zone play that had a 0.01% chance of success. It's a selfish play and it's not how our team wins hockey games. Not everything is about goals and assists.

I'm also sick of his offensive zone penalties. Orlov's penalties I can understand. You want to win a board battle so bad that you go a step too far. This BS offensive zone hooking/tripping/holding is the most selfish play in hockey.

Obviously, we are a much-much better team with Kuznetsov in the line up and playing well.

Reactions: AtNightWeFly

Capsman

Nov 21, 2008
Eh, this could be the type of game to get it out of their system and not let it repeat, or it could be the beginning of a bad stretch. We’ll see what they’re made of.

Reactions: calicapsfan

SherVaughn30

Jan 12, 2010
Los Angeles
The game was not entertaining. It was bad. People are going to say this was a good offensive game but that just isnt the case. It was very poorly played. Terrible defense and mediocre goaltending and undisciplined penalties. Very sloppy game.
There were signs of this in Friday's game against the Devils. Against the Ducks the Caps got burned because the Ducks are a much better team than the Devils.

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
The usual GM stuff, like:
- Which gaps if any need filling before TDL.
- Whether (and how much) to offer guys like Cono after their contracts expire.

Ok...so, you think a game like that is more revealing than the 7 straight wins and 8 of 9 that came before it?

Bladerunner

Aug 12, 2009
N VA
Devils game easily
Was that the October 6-0 blowout loss? OK that's bad, but at some (early) point you knew they were going to lose.

However to be up 4 is statistically nearly a lock win in the NHL. Didn't even get an OTL point. That was a 4 point swing, good that it wasn't vs. an EC or even worse a Metro team.

Hope they get a wake up call from this one and move on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->