"Debunking" the 11-12 team's dominance and Nash Trade woes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown
Blah, blah, blah. The Rangers have Nash, Hagelin and Callahan as top-six worthy wingers. Zuccarello, arguably. Dubinsky is certainly more proven. And in Columbus? Gaborik, Horton, Umberger, Foligno, Atkinson, Calvert, Johansen, Letestu, Jenner, Anisimov, Dubinsky. They're hardly chopped liver on forwards right now.

I like how you threw a bunch of centers in with the Columbus list to try and prove your point. :laugh:

Samuel Culper III

Mr. Woodhull...
Jan 15, 2007
Texas
I like how you threw a bunch of centers in with the Columbus list to try and prove your point. :laugh:

Did I say they were wingers? I just said, they hardly have crappy depth. Same thing happens in Columbus that happens here; you have more centers than lines so they play end up on the wings.

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown
Did I say they were wingers? I just said, they hardly have crappy depth. Same thing happens in Columbus that happens here; you have more centers than lines so they play end up on the wings.

You only listed wingers for the Rangers and then proceeded to list everyone and their mother for Columbus. Dishonest much? Come on, man. Did you really think you weren't going to get called out for those shens? :laugh:

Samuel Culper III

Mr. Woodhull...
Jan 15, 2007
Texas
Furthermore, trying to play Letestu off as anything more than waiver fodder should be ban worthy.

Letestu scored 27 points in 46 games last year. Four less than Callahan. 13 goals. 3 less than Callahan. That would have been 5th on the Rangers. Being as knowledgable as Jonathan should be ban worthy.

Tawnos

A guy with a bass
Sep 10, 2004
Charlotte, NC
Letestu scored 27 points in 46 games last year. That would have been 5th on the Rangers.

More specifically, since the Rangers offense isn't anything to write home about, he would've been 7th on the Penguins. He definitely fits the 2nd/3rd tweener mold.

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown
Wow, some of you guys really have no idea how to take an obvious joke.

And he wouldn't have been on the Rangers (which is why I used him as an example) since we'd have no space for him.

Letestu is a good player for a bad team with little depth. He's essentially Erik Christensen.

Tawnos

A guy with a bass
Sep 10, 2004
Charlotte, NC
You should probably try that. I agree.

:D I already did! Apparently, it didn't take.

You know, I'm just as bad as everyone else here. I've been drawn into a meaningless argument about where Dubinsky fits on the depth chart on this team now. Who cares? My original point, and it goes to this actual thread, is that the Rangers miss his attitude towards the game, points on the scoreboard be damned. The 11-12 team was a resilient group and his attitude went a long way towards it. Even if he was a 3rd liner... hell, even a 4th liner. It was that group resiliency that made the 11-12 so good and it's the main aspect of the team that consistently gets overlooked when people decide they were overrated.

We don't have it anymore, so we'll just have to find another way to win, but it was something to watch when we did.

16 To Stanley*

I can't believe i'm reading that Letestu is a top 6 player. Do you guys watch these people player. Again with the small sample sizes as well.

Letestu is 28 years old. He's not some spry young rookie who just hit the league, the guy has been around.

His whopping career high in points 27.

He had a nice season last year but is not a top 6 forward. The Christensen comparison was a nice one.

Did EC slot in on the top 2 lines because of his skill, sure. Is he a legit top 6 option, not even remotely.

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown
Yep, he really is a modern day Erik Christensen. I mean, these guys are all over the place and on waivers frequently. EC had over 30 points once for the Penguins. I remember when I called him waiver fodder back then (and I did), I was told how insane I was.

Points don't mean much when you aren't a PPG player and can't do anything else besides put up a few points. It's why I hope Zucc becomes more than what he is as he just won't be useful unless he can increase his output.

Samuel Culper III

Mr. Woodhull...
Jan 15, 2007
Texas
I can't believe i'm reading that Letestu is a top 6 player. Do you guys watch these people player. Again with the small sample sizes as well.

Letestu is 28 years old. He's not some spry young rookie who just hit the league, the guy has been around.

His whopping career high in points 27.

He had a nice season last year but is not a top 6 forward. The Christensen comparison was a nice one.

Did EC slot in on the top 2 lines because of his skill, sure. Is he a legit top 6 option, not even remotely.

Again with arguing something no one said.

I argued when he was called "waiver fodder". Now, apparently, that's me calling him a top-six forward. Tawnos called him a 2nd/3rd tweener. Who called him a top-six forward? He also hasn't "been around". He's only got 180 games of NHL experience. He was stuck in Pittsburgh where there was TONS of center depth and didn't get a real chance until he went to Columbus, where he is showing himself as a serviceable 2nd/3rd tweener, as Tawnos said.

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown
That's because you aren't reading that at all. Nobody said it.

PK was using him as a reference to Columbus's depth when I said that Dubi wouldn't be in our top 6. So he was essentially claiming him to either be a top 6 player or a guy just outside of the top 6. Or he was just mistaken when he name-dropped him.

16 To Stanley*

That's because you aren't reading that at all. Nobody said it.

Blah, blah, blah. The Rangers have Nash, Hagelin and Callahan as top-six worthy wingers. Zuccarello, arguably. Dubinsky is certainly more proven. And in Columbus? Gaborik, Horton, Umberger, Foligno, Atkinson, Calvert, Johansen, Letestu, Jenner, Anisimov, Dubinsky. They're hardly chopped liver on forwards right now.

Just because he doesn't specifically say he is top 6, he was referring to a discussion about top 6 players.

Are you serious with the semantics...

Tawnos

A guy with a bass
Sep 10, 2004
Charlotte, NC
Points don't mean much when you aren't a PPG player and can't do anything else besides put up a few points. It's why I hope Zucc becomes more than what he is as he just won't be useful unless he can increase his output.

Letestu is one of their main PK guys.

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown

I argued when he was called "waiver fodder". Now, apparently, that's me calling him a top-six forward. Tawnos called him a 2nd/3rd tweener. Who called him a top-six forward? He also hasn't "been around". He's only got 180 games of NHL experience. He was stuck in Pittsburgh where there was TONS of center depth and didn't get a real chance until he went to Columbus, where he is showing himself as a serviceable 2nd/3rd tweener, as Tawnos said.

This is what you said:

You may want to clarify, since anyone who can read English would think you are calling Letestu a top-six worthy player.

16 To Stanley*

You referred to him in a discussion about the top 6......

I really don't get some of you guys. You say things that imply one thing but since it's not blatant, you go back on your opinions when people challenge them.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad