"Debunking" the 11-12 team's dominance and Nash Trade woes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hi ImHFNYR

Jan 10, 2013
Wherever I'm standing atm
You've posted on here since January. No offense, but I'll take my over-a-decade of observations over your short time here. :)

Especially since it's been roughly the same with regards to our discussion for all this time, now.

I already said pages back that Columbus does not have the depth we do, thus making it an apples and oranges comparison.

Hell our first debate featured you proudly mentioning your tenure to justify your defense of Richards. But it made no sense back then because there is no way that you being a tenured poster would make Richards good and it didn't. I see you come to incorrect conclusions based on your experience too frequently.

You are entitled to your opinion but it looks mostly to me like people are simply pointing out errors and you are calling that whining. I don't think that's what whining is so I question if you were correctly identifying whining all this time. You did say that it was comparing apples to oranges but didn't give any explanation

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown
Hell our first debate featured you proudly mentioning your tenure to justify your defense of Richards. But it made no sense back then because there is no way that you being a tenured poster would make Richards good and it didn't. I see you come to incorrect conclusions based on your experience too frequently.

You are entitled to your opinion but it looks mostly to me like people are simply pointing out errors and you are calling that whining. I don't think that's what whining is so I question if you were correctly identifying whining all this time.

Uh, my analysis of long-term trends on the boards is only possible because I have posted on here since 99 or so. :laugh:

Hi ImHFNYR

Jan 10, 2013
Wherever I'm standing atm
Uh, my analysis of long-term trends on the boards is only possible because I have posted on here since 99 or so. :laugh:

and? All I'm saying is you are incorrectly assessing both hockey and board trends in this thread and in my time around here and so I am saying your opinions based on your experience are possibly wrong. There's no way for me to know if you accurately assessed this board from 6 years ago but it's not really important. You did screw up in your interpretation of what he said though. I've got to go and don';t want to distract anymore.

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown
and? All I'm saying is you are incorrectly assessing both hockey and board trends in this thread and in my time around here and so I am saying your opinions based on your experience are possibly wrong. There's no way for me to know if you accurately assessed this board from 6 years ago but it's not really important. You did screw up in your interpretation of what he said though. I've got to go and don';t want to distract anymore.

No, I merely went off of what he wrote. Again, three other people now have either agreed with me or admitted his post was ambiguous at best. But keep trying to "get" me. It's cute. You obviously don't know the difference between "screwing up" and being a textualist.

Samuel Culper III

Mr. Woodhull...
Jan 15, 2007
Texas
I really don't care anymore, but if three people including you felt it was ambiguous, at least four people, including me felt the opposite. It's amazing that it's even still being discussed though.

Tawnos

A guy with a bass
Sep 10, 2004
Charlotte, NC
I really don't care anymore, but if three people including you felt it was ambiguous, at least four people, including me felt the opposite. It's amazing that it's even still being discussed though.

Probably a combination of boredom and procrastination. :)

SA16

Sixstring
Aug 25, 2006
Long Island
Just saw it now and doesn't seem ambiguous at all? PK listed almost every forward on Columbus' roster - I see 12 listed - so obviously he wasn't specifically calling out any of them as being or not being top 6.

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown
Probably a combination of boredom and procrastination. :)

Nah, it's more because shinchanyo has this weird fixation on following me around in threads and trying to play the "gotcha" game since I raked him over the coals a while ago about something (something that I forget and he remembers since it wasn't nearly as important to me, I guess).

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown
Just saw it now and doesn't seem ambiguous at all? PK listed almost every forward on Columbus' roster - I see 12 listed - so obviously he wasn't specifically calling out any of them as being or not being top 6.

Ah, the beauty of linguistics. This is the main reason why we see the split of people who embrace the ambiguousness and people who shun it in law. I'm merely annoyed that PK took so much offense to this, particularly when I don't ever remember having it out with him in the past. It is what it is and I'd be more than willing to leave it at that and apologize for even letting it get out of control. :)

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown
Oh, please. Seriously, what kind of comment was that last one I quoted. Your posts ooze snide superiority and there's little doubt that a lot of it is derived from being 'proud' of your tenure and post count. The kind of arrogance it takes to post, parenthetically, "something he obviously still remembers but I don't because, you know, so much less important to me" is laughably ugly.

My post wasn't to you at all. It was to Tawnos and referenced a poster who I have noticed a tendency of following me around on the board. I was clearly not even trying to bring you into such discussion. :help:

Again, if you prefer to make this nasty and personal, you can be my guest. I'll refrain from that, though, and 1) continue the argument on the merits or 2) drop the argument since it's stupid. Your choice.

Samuel Culper III

Mr. Woodhull...
Jan 15, 2007
Texas
My post wasn't to you at all. It was to Tawnos and referenced a poster who I have noticed a tendency of following me around on the board. I was clearly not even trying to bring you into such discussion. :help:

Again, if you prefer to make this nasty and personal, you can be my guest. I'll refrain from that, though, and 1) continue the argument on the merits or 2) drop the argument since it's stupid. Your choice.

I know who the post was directed to. You are, again, focusing on an extraneous detail of what I said and not the actual point of what I wrote. I am saying that I think you are a snide and arrogant poster who talks to everyone as if you are inherently superior because of your post count. You were, earlier, accused by another poster of intentionally trying to wind me up despite knowing what I had meant before. That was another example of your character as a poster. You keep saying how happy you'd be to "accept the apology I refuse to make" and such; I have no desire to apologize to you, or to be amicable with you. I find you obnoxious.

Tawnos

A guy with a bass
Sep 10, 2004
Charlotte, NC
You know what I always wonder about that 11-12 team? What the hell happened to Wojtek Wolski? I really thought that his lackluster play just came from being completely out of place in the Rangers system and on the Rangers roster. But he hasn't gotten any better in any of the places he's played since. After being basically a 2nd line player, stats wise, for his first 3 years in the league, his game took a complete cliff dive. What was the deal?

(And don't give me the work ethic thing, because either the work ethic was there or it didn't matter previously.)

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown
You know what I always wonder about that 11-12 team? What the hell happened to Wojtek Wolski? I really thought that his lackluster play just came from being completely out of place in the Rangers system and on the Rangers roster. But he hasn't gotten any better in any of the places he's played since. After being basically a 2nd line player, stats wise, for his first 3 years in the league, his game took a complete cliff dive. What was the deal?

(And don't give me the work ethic thing, because either the work ethic was there or it didn't matter previously.)

I think he was able to get away with the lack of work ethic prior and it just magnified itself on the Rangers. To the point where he basically self-destructed. It was really ugly and unfortunate to watch.

Tawnos

A guy with a bass
Sep 10, 2004
Charlotte, NC
I think he was able to get away with the lack of work ethic prior and it just magnified itself on the Rangers. To the point where he basically self-destructed. It was really ugly and unfortunate to watch.

I'm just surprised he wasn't able to put up numbers in Florida after the trade or even in Washington on a prove-it contract. Now, he doesn't even seem to be that good in the KHL. Pretty amazing.

Maybe he was amped up after he got traded to Phoenix and was able to mask the work ethic in front of Tippett, but once they got to the next season, he was exposed there too and thus got traded.

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown
I'm just surprised he wasn't able to put up numbers in Florida after the trade or even in Washington on a prove-it contract. Now, he doesn't even seem to be that good in the KHL. Pretty amazing.

Yeah, and I'm not sure whether I feel bad for him or whether I blame him. I mean, some guys just are not born with the drive and some actively dog it. I never felt he was actively dogging it, so I really don't know. He's a curious case if there ever was one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->