Proposal: DeBrusk to CAR-some ideas

Hookslide

Nov 19, 2018
Please shut this down DeBrusk is not going anywhere now with the situation now presented with Pata and Marchand surgeries.......... we do not need someone else prospects at this time. I am not saying they are good promising young players but now is not the time .

PatriceBergeronFan

Jul 15, 2011
USA
Okay, how about:

Nino+2nd+Fleury for DeBrusk?

Clears cap space for Carolina and addresses the LHD need for the Bruins while putting Nino in his vacancy on the third line.

Haven't the Bruins learned their lesson about trading the dollar for quarters at this point?

The Bruins have Lauzon, Vaakanainen, and Zboril to gamble on. Why add Fleury to the mix?

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA
Haven't the Bruins learned their lesson about trading the dollar for quarters at this point?

The Bruins have Lauzon, Vaakanainen, and Zboril to gamble on. Why add Fleury to the mix?

Yeah I think this is a fair point. Is adding a 4th rookie D to the mix... another one that can't go thru waivers and is not expansion exempt...really help at this point? He looked really good in the series against Boston, but um... are we overrating a player on a 5 game sample?

Gryz looked like a top pair D in that series... do we think he is a top pair D?

Reactions: PatriceBergeronFan

GIN ANTONIC

Aug 19, 2007
Toronto, ON

I agree that the Pasta + Marchand injuries make trading Debrusk an issue as their secondary scoring was already suspect. I guess the question is whether or not Sweeney and co. feel that the internal replacements of Lauzon/Vaak/Zboril are ready to step up and fill the void of Krug and a possibly Chara, and do so at an impact level. If the Bruins still feel that they are in their contender window then they may want to sell some future to improve now and give themselves the best shot possible.

Anyway, I don't disagree with your position on this but it maybe comes down to what the org is thinking about the next 2 years and how competitive they think they can be.

Reactions: PatriceBergeronFan

GIN ANTONIC

Aug 19, 2007
Toronto, ON
Yeah I think this is a fair point. Is adding a 4th rookie D to the mix... another one that can't go thru waivers and is not expansion exempt...really help at this point? He looked really good in the series against Boston, but um... are we overrating a player on a 5 game sample?

Gryz looked like a top pair D in that series... do we think he is a top pair D?

Fleury isn't a rookie, he has 132 reg season games 17 playoff games under his belt so I'm assuming you're talking about Bean here? If so, then you're right about the expansion draft but wrong about going through waivers as he is exempt for another year.

Anyway, Fleury HAS played really well for the Canes and progressed nicely over the last year. We're confident in him being a very solid top 4 Dman that can play both sides in all situations.

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA
If the Canes already didn't have 42000 LD, I would have interested in rolling the dice on Nino returning to form with Krejci to Boston if we could send Moore back... but Carolina doesn't need another LD and he would just be a cap drain.

DeBrusk and Krejci is just such a shit fit. DeBrusk wants to play fast and attack and slash and Krejci plays a very very different game. But Bruins have HAD to play them together because they just have not had any other wing talent. I could imagine Krejci and Nino loving playing together.

Heh, maybe we are thinking about this all wrong and its Krejci that should go to the Canes to make Nino worth his contract again lol.

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA
Fleury isn't a rookie, he has 132 reg season games 17 playoff games under his belt so I'm assuming you're talking about Bean here? If so, then you're right about the expansion draft but wrong about going through waivers as he is exempt for another year.

Anyway, Fleury HAS played really well for the Canes and progressed nicely over the last year. We're confident in him being a very solid top 4 Dman that can play both sides in all situations.

I didn't realize he had all those games back in 17-18, TBH.

GoldiFox

Apr 21, 2014
It would be annoying to see Nino traded to Boston, buy in, and play the heavy game he shows from time to time for a full season or two but I'd still be happy to get him off the Canes payroll. At his best Nino looked like an unstoppable force putting up 14G/30P in 36 games after his trade to Carolina while playing next to Aho. Unfortunately this season Nino looked complacent as a perimeter winger which got him pushed down the lineup.

With the Canes reportedly looking to add another scorer I'm not sure Nino would even have a spot in the Canes top-9. Svechnikov, Teravainen, Necas, and (insert new top-6 winger) would all be better than him. Foegele and Fast fit the shutdown line better with Jordan Staal.

Reactions: Tryamw

Dr Danglefest

Lindros|Giroux|Krug
May 29, 2010
THE SouthShore, MASS
The Bruins problem isn’t DeBrusk, it’s that he is the ONLY winger in the bottom 9 that can score goals.

bottom 9 is a pretty solid phrase for what the bruins have after their top line...it’s not a top 6 or a middle 6 or a bottom 6...it’s a top line and a bottom 9...yet somehow it keeps on working, for how much longer idk

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->