OT: Death of the OT thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

aceface33

Feb 10, 2006
Herkimer, NY
I am very glad I married a woman who cares very little about V-day. Saves me a lot of money. :laugh:

My recommendation would be to attend to the following post:

I have infinite slack for V-Day since I bought the wife a pearl necklace for her b-day last month. She says not to get her anything for V-Day, which is advice I am obviously going to ignore.

:)

AV18

Apr 27, 2004
Buffalo, NY
It doesnt HAVE to be stupid and pointless ;)

Meh. Treat it like you should any other day with your loved one.

That's my whole point. There shouldn't be all this pressure and expectations for couples, and then shame for people who are single. If you're single, who cares? If you're together, just be appreciative of each other like you should be every day, not just for the sake of a commercial holiday.

I will be spending my VDay on call for the hospitals. Hopefully all of the victims of VDay arguments will wait until after midnight to go to the ER :D

BowieSabresFan

Nov 18, 2010
That's my whole point. There shouldn't be all this pressure and expectations for couples, and then shame for people who are single. If you're single, who cares? If you're together, just be appreciative of each other like you should be every day, not just for the sake of a commercial holiday.

I will be spending my VDay on call for the hospitals. Hopefully all of the victims of VDay arguments will wait until after midnight to go to the ER :D

I think most folk in a stable relationship do that anyway (treat every day as if it is unique). It's just an added reminder to some. Heck, I've been married over 25 years now. There's not much I can do for, or give my wife that I have not done before. However, I will still use the day as an excuse to do something for my wife. Everyone likes to be thought of.

There's no guilt for you unlucky single people (just kidding)

HockeyH3aven

Jan 22, 2009
Jacksonville, FL

The "shaming of singles" is self imposed. Couples don't run around laughing at people who are single. Single people with low self esteem beat themselves up over the stupid thing. It's supposed to be the day for singles, since you're supposed to use the day to muster up some courage and ask your crush on a date.

Source: I've spent more Vdays single than not.

Old Navy Goat

Apr 24, 2003
Pattaya Thailand aka adult Disneyland
I feel terribly lonely as I don't have that special someone for V-Day. I'm forced to assuage my loneliness in the sterile comfort of a couple of my regulars. As for the gifts, my PA picked up some sort of matching items for them that I'll see if they're nice enough to model for me Thursday evening, after I take them out for dinner following their shift at the brass pole palace.

BowieSabresFan

Nov 18, 2010
I feel terribly lonely as I don't have that special someone for V-Day. I'm forced to assuage my loneliness in the sterile comfort of a couple of my regulars. As for the gifts, my PA picked up some sort of matching items for them that I'll see if they're nice enough to model for me Thursday evening, after I take them out for dinner following their shift at the brass pole palace.

Pictures for proof!!!!!

AV18

Apr 27, 2004
Buffalo, NY

You're such a giver, ONG ;)

Afino

The Juice
Dec 2, 2003
Orchard Park, NY
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/craig-kanalley/facebook-valentines-study_b_2670613.html?utm_hp_ref=tw

It's sad that we've reached a point where articles like this have to be written.

Oversharing on sites like Facebook has been the subject of research before. One survey of 1,000 online individuals found that 32% of respondents admit having posted something online that they regretted. Some of them said it specifically ruined their marriage or relationship with someone.

I've personally never seen this. At least not to the extent it seems :shrug:

As David Wygant, a dating and relationship coach, wrote for the New York Times, "Social media is what I'd call a romance contraceptive. It prevents romance from happening every single day."

:laugh:

THAT is more true, though. Think twice before you post that rant.

NotABadPeriod

ForFriendshipDikembe
Oct 28, 2006

Aren't you supposed to be hoping that there are no VDay arguments?

TheMistyStranger

ミスト
May 21, 2005
So my 3 year old just looked at her 5 year old sister, made raptor-style claws with her hands, and said, "I am going to turn off your voice and go to sleep, because it will be SILENT!"

Her sister replied, "Don't tell me what to do!"

:biglaugh:

I got in trouble last time for putting up pictures, but I'll see if I can get some PC ones

I am accepting PMs, by the way.

Afino

The Juice
Dec 2, 2003
Orchard Park, NY
Looks like I just had a friend that was broken up with last night.

The avalanche of "I need your prayers to get through this" and "this is one of the most terrible things to happen to me" last night and the morning is a little much.....dude, look at the bright side - you don't have to spend money on her tomorrow!! ;)

Okay, who am I kidding, that's pretty ****** by the girl to dump him now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->