News Article: Dear Zhenya!

Tom Hanks

Spelling mistakes brought to you by my iPhone.
Nov 10, 2017
The air seems really dusty suddenly.

giphy.gif

harmonica

Apr 21, 2007
These are great little glimpses in to the life of Geno and the person he truly is. As fans we often are only exposed to how the player does within the game and judge them so(which we can’t be blamed for). It’s a good reminder that players are more than just a form of entertainment for us, but actually like us. None of us may be the 101st greatest hockey player of all time, but I am fairly confident that almost all of us would have somebody that would write a letter like that about us.

I still won’t hold back my opinions of Geno or the rest of the team but I definitely have grown more fond of him because of these insights.

ChaosAgent

May 8, 2018
Cool how Malkin and Crosby are such good friends.

Also, the stories of his escape from Magnitogorsk in Helsinki...so cool. Nowadays we hit refresh on any little thing going on - like the deadline and stuff. But I remember F5ing like crazy during those days in August 2006 once it became apparent he was headed over. That goal against Brodeur in his 4th game...man.

Last edited:

Turin

Feb 27, 2018
Geno only has one thing left to do in his life.

Find mom and dad a better street to live on.

SHOOTANDSCORE

Eeny Meeny Miny Moe
Sep 25, 2005
Cool how Malkin and Crosby are such good friends.

Also, the stories of his escape from Magnitogorsk in Helsinki...so cool. Nowadays we hit refresh on any little thing going on - like the deadline and stuff. But I remember F5ing like crazy during those days in August 2016 once it became apparent he was headed over. That goal against Brodeur in his 4th game...man.
I was just thinking about his escape last week, wondering if the newer fans even know about it.

It's been a wild ride. I wouldn't change a thing.

Ryder71

Nov 24, 2017
First class all the way! Great people, lovely family. Geno is very blessed.

WayneSid9987

Nov 24, 2009
I love that even his parents send him texts telling him to stay out of the BS and don't react to the other players trying to get under his skin. :laugh:

Love his pops mentioning the amount of wingers Geno goes through here vs what he'd have in the KHL(that wingers would stay with the the team for probably Geno's full career).
JR needs to do G and his pops a solid here this summer and land his G the equivalent of Sid's Jake.

Reactions: EightyOne

Turin

Feb 27, 2018
Rossi wrote a good piece on Geno on the Athletic too. So weird.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad