Dear Gary,

Status
Not open for further replies.

shakes

Pep City
Aug 20, 2003
Visit site
Thunderstruck said:
Bettman is trying to ensure that ALL the members of the PA are clear on what is on the table.

It has become obvious that they have not been well informed by their leadership.

I don't know how obvious it is that they've been misinformed, but Bettman's letter is not really clear what's on the table. In fact, Goodenow's letter is the one that has all the deal info in it. Gary's letter is basically threatening. No one likes to be threatened.

SuperUnknown

Mar 14, 2002
Visit site
7. Indexing of Tax Rates and Payroll Minimums & Maximums All dollar amounts would be in place for 2004-05 (pro-rated) and 2005-06. Dollar levels for tax rates, payroll minimums & maximums for subsequent years either constant or increased by % change in greater of either hockey related revenues or only the gate receipts and broadcasting segments of hockey related revenues from the 2005-06 base year.

Wow... This is linkage to revenues. This will never fly with the uncertainty of the revenues next year.

Let's say revenues in 2005 are $1.5B due to the lockout. This would be the base for the index. Then, if the revenues climb back to $2B in 2006, the proposed numbers by the NHLPA would become:
Hard Cap - 65M
Minimum - 33M

I really don't see the NHL agreeing to this, especially since the NHLPA denied them a similar linkage!!!

quat

Faking Life
Apr 4, 2003
Duncan
CarlRacki said:
Sure. If there hadn't been a letter, no doubt the PA would have agreed to the NHL offer on the spot. Darn you Gary Bettman and your letter writing. :shakehead

Yup... same people who were complaining about Bettman not setting a firm cancellation date are now bemoaning the fact he's now set one. Go figure eh?

All this crap about how Bettman could have just done this or that and then Goodenow and the PA would have happily signed away, la de frikin dah... as if! There is absolutely no way anything would have been solved but with what has taken place. I will certainly admit Bettman is up for some heavy criticism for the way this league has played during his tenure, but Goodenow has been simply awful for his players in this negotiation and even worse for game. The hectoring, rancid quality of comments from the PA has been nothing short of disgusting. The complete lack of respect for the people that write the checks, and the fans that foot a huge percentage of the bills has left an extremely bitter taste in my mouth.

I'm sure, as individuals, many of these players are great people... but as a group, I have no respect left for them at all.

quat

Faking Life
Apr 4, 2003
Duncan
shakes said:
I don't know how obvious it is that they've been misinformed, but Bettman's letter is not really clear what's on the table. In fact, Goodenow's letter is the one that has all the deal info in it. Gary's letter is basically threatening. No one likes to be threatened.

You mean like what comes out of Chelios's face when ever he speaks? I mean, come on. Goodenow is all about posturing and threatening... and now he get's a fraction of it back it's suddenly bad form?

RangerBoy

Dolan sucks!!!
Mar 3, 2002
New York
www.youtube.com
Dear Gary and Bob,

Both of you suck.If this lockout ever ends,I never want to hear the names Bettman and Goodenow again.If this deal collapses,both of you deserve to be fired.
Gary,you suck.Bob,you suck too

Have a good day

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->